- Ex-prosecutor to fill District 104 Ga. House seat Updated: Dec-03-13 9:40 pm
- Slave artifacts found at Ga. highway project site Updated: Dec-01-13 3:19 pm
- N. Georgia key battleground in Senate GOP primary Updated: Nov-30-13 11:36 am
- Ga. high court reinstates many death sentences Updated: Nov-28-13 5:41 pm
- Falling tree kills 2 in coastal Ga. Updated: Nov-27-13 4:17 pm
- Ga. authorities urge caution during holidays Updated: Nov-27-13 4:04 am
- Suspended Ga. lawmaker to go to trial next month Updated: Nov-26-13 1:10 pm
- Court upholds law used to remove board members Updated: Nov-25-13 3:40 pm
- Department of Natural Resources invests in cameras Updated: Nov-24-13 4:38 pm
- Ga. Republicans add focus on minority outreach Updated: Nov-24-13 12:33 pm
- Ga. court to answer in school board ouster Updated: Nov-24-13 6:35 am
- House committee plans Georgia hearing Monday Updated: Nov-24-13 6:14 am
- DA: Georgia state senator won't be prosecuted Updated: Nov-23-13 11:06 am
- Corporate dollars fund career paths Updated: Nov-22-13 1:33 pm
- Transportation secretary: $275M loan for project Updated: Nov-21-13 6:32 pm
- Atlanta mayor expects harbor progress by year end Updated: Nov-21-13 5:31 pm
- Ga. Democrats work to rebuild party finances Updated: Nov-20-13 5:52 pm
- Dalton mayor to challenge Gov. Deal from the right Updated: Nov-18-13 5:04 pm
- Court rules for governor, Kia in open records case Updated: Nov-18-13 2:53 pm
- State trooper shoots suspect after car chase Updated: Nov-15-13 11:52 am
- Ga. man charged in fatal crash during police chase Updated: Nov-14-13 3:34 pm
- Ga. governor suspends indicted state lawmaker Updated: Nov-13-13 4:37 pm
- Mayors in Ga., Wis., Pa., urge Medicaid expansion Updated: Nov-13-13 3:23 pm
- Deal: Mayor, Braves discuss team's departure Updated: Nov-13-13 3:20 pm
- Ga. 400 highway toll to end this month Updated: Nov-10-13 7:04 am
ATLANTA - Former Gwinnett County prosecutor Chuck Efstration will fill the District 104 seat in the Georgia House of Representatives.
SAVANNAH, Georgia - A Mexican coin punctured with a small hole, nails from long-decayed wooden dwellings, and broken bits of plates and bottles are among thousands of artifacts unearthed from what archaeologists suspect were once slave quarters at the site of a planned highway project in Savannah.
GAINESVILLE, Georgia - At the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains sits one of the most Republican congressional districts in the country that is home to Georgia's governor, lieutenant governor and speaker of the House.
ATLANTA - In the last five years, the Georgia Supreme Court has considered eight cases where lower courts threw out a death sentence handed down by a trial jury.
BRUNSWICK, Georgia - Georgia State Patrol officials say two women were killed in coastal Georgia when a tree fell onto a car they were riding in.
ATLANTA - Authorities in Georgia are urging motorists to use caution during the busy holiday travel season.
ATLANTA - A Georgia state lawmaker who was suspended over an indictment accusing him of illegally claiming state pay is set to stand trial next month after his lawyer filed a request for a speedy process.
ATLANTA - Georgia's Supreme Court has ruled that a law the governor used earlier this year to remove six members of the DeKalb County school board is constitutional.
GAINESVILLE, Georgia - Georgia Department of Natural Resources officials say body-mounted cameras for police officers in its law enforcement branch were a good investment.
ATLANTA - On the campus of Morehouse College, a small group of students are at the center of an effort by Georgia Republicans to build support among minorities ahead of major federal and state elections next year.
ATLANTA - The Georgia Supreme Court plans to release a decision Monday involving a lawsuit that former DeKalb County school board Chairman Eugene Walker filed over his ouster by Gov. Nathan Deal.
GAINESVILLE, Georgia - The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee is planning a hearing Monday in Gainesville, Georgia, concerning the federal health care law.
MACON, Georgia - Georgia state Sen. David Lucas will not be prosecuted over accusations that he choked a 14-year-old child.
ATLANTA - Asfand Sheikh types on a keyboard used to operate a robotic arm resembling something straight out of science fiction or a video game.
ATLANTA - U.S. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx says a $275 million federal loan will help fund a major highway project in the Atlanta area.
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Atlanta's mayor said Thursday he expects that Congress before the year ends will clear a bureaucratic hurdle to deepening the Savannah harbor, though he cautioned that Georgia officials are watching closely to make sure lawmakers don't try to eliminate the project from a massive water projects bill.
ATLANTA - Georgia Democrats took another step Wednesday toward rebuilding the party ahead of next year's federal and state elections, hosting a big-ticket fundraiser with Michelle Nunn and Jason Carter.
ATLANTA - It has quickly become a crowded field of those looking to unseat Republican Gov. Nathan Deal next year, with Dalton Mayor David Pennington formally launching his campaign Monday aimed at wooing the state's conservative voters.
ATLANTA - The Georgia Supreme Court ruled Monday in favor of the governor and Kia Motors Manufacturing in an open records dispute over hiring records.
ATLANTA - Authorities say a Georgia State Patrol trooper shot and wounded a suspect after a car chase in southwest Atlanta.
NASHVILLE, Georgia - Authorities say a 38-year-old man has been charged with two counts of vehicular homicide after crashing into another car during a police chase.
ATLANTA - Gov. Nathan Deal on Wednesday followed a panel's recommendation to suspend a Republican state lawmaker accused of illegally claiming state pay.
MILWAUKEE - The mayors of Atlanta, Milwaukee and Philadelphia are pushing for their states to expand Medicaid so federally funded health insurance is available to hundreds of thousands of working poor who could lose coverage Jan. 1.
ATLANTA - Mayor Kasim Reed met Wednesday with Atlanta Braves executives to discuss next steps following the team's decision to leave downtown and build a new $672 million stadium in nearby Cobb County, according to Gov. Nathan Deal.
ATLANTA - Metro Atlanta commuters used to paying a 50-cent toll to use Ga. 400 will soon be able to keep that change in their pockets.