- GOP Senate candidates will meet in Macon debate Updated: Mar-08-14 4:05 am
- Candidates qualifying for top Ga. primary races Updated: Mar-07-14 1:55 pm
- NJ's Christie raises money with Georgia Gov. Deal Updated: Mar-07-14 12:22 pm
- Georgia Senate backs $42B budget plan Updated: Mar-06-14 3:43 pm
- Ga. not allowed to dredge harbor with state funds Updated: Mar-05-14 2:02 pm
- Ga. House votes for legalizing medical marijuana Updated: Mar-03-14 8:56 pm
- Ga. lawmakers set barriers to Medicaid expansion Updated: Mar-03-14 7:44 pm
- Ga. GOP sticks close to election-year agenda Updated: Mar-03-14 7:26 pm
- Ga. lawmakers back medical marijuana program Updated: Mar-03-14 5:19 pm
- Ga. Senate OKs bill restricting abortion coverage Updated: Mar-03-14 3:32 pm
- Ga. lawmakers OK statue for Martin Luther King Jr. Updated: Mar-03-14 3:24 pm
- Willard: Civil forfeiture bill unlikely to advance Updated: Mar-03-14 12:20 pm
- Ga. coalition pushing to end capital punishment Updated: Mar-03-14 4:20 am
- Several issues before lawmakers on Crossover Day Updated: Mar-02-14 2:25 pm
- Ga. weighs 'medical amnesty' in drug overdoses Updated: Mar-01-14 11:58 am
- Charges filed in crash that killed newlywed bride Updated: Feb-27-14 4:26 pm
- Gov. Bentley to attend higher education rally Updated: Feb-27-14 5:34 am
- Medical marijuana bill faces key committee hearing Updated: Feb-26-14 5:21 pm
- Ga. Senate approves criminal justice bill Updated: Feb-26-14 5:12 pm
- Ga. House backs bill setting new water spill rules Updated: Feb-26-14 12:11 pm
- Ga. bill requires coverage for autism therapy Updated: Feb-25-14 8:17 pm
- Rally planned to oppose Ga. gun bill Updated: Feb-25-14 4:05 am
- Ga. lawmaker apologizes for controversial bill Updated: Feb-24-14 7:23 pm
- State Senate passes income tax cap resolution Updated: Feb-24-14 4:58 pm
- High court: Inmates have right to legal resources Updated: Feb-24-14 8:46 am
MACON, Georgia - The crowded field of Republican U.S. Senate candidates is gathering on the same stage again.
ATLANTA - The final list of candidates who signed up for top races in Georgia primary elections May 20, according to Secretary of State Brian Kemp's office. The deadline to qualify was noon Friday.
ATLANTA - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is in Georgia to raise money for Gov. Nathan Deal's re-election.
ATLANTA - Georgia would spend $42 billion on state government under a plan approved Thursday by the state Senate that would raise pay for teachers and other employees, better fund regulatory services and proposes $10 million to fund startup businesses.
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Close to getting underway after 15 years of government studies and delays, the deepening of Savannah's busy shipping channel has struck another political setback with the Obama administration saying it's not ready to seek construction funding for the $652 million project and won't let Georgia jumpstart things by using its own money.
ATLANTA - Patients suffering from illnesses including cancer and seizures could take a form of medical marijuana under a plan that Georgia's state legislators backed Monday ahead of an important deadline that sorts out which bills go forward and which will likely fail for the year.
ATLANTA - Republican state lawmakers want to make it impossible for Georgia to expand the Medicaid system as proposed by the Democratic president unless the state Legislature approves it.
ATLANTA - The Republican leadership in the General Assembly has kept tight control of its election-year agenda, ensuring the more controversial bills didn't receive a floor vote.
ATLANTA - Medical marijuana would be legalized in Georgia for patients with certain medical illnesses under legislation given initial approval by state lawmakers.
ATLANTA - The Georgia Senate has voted to approve a bill restricting abortion coverage in plans available through the state health insurance exchange.
ATLANTA - A plan passed by the Georgia House of Representatives calls for civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. to be commemorated with a statute at the state Capitol.
ATLANTA - The lawmaker behind an effort to overhaul Georgia's civil forfeiture laws says his bill is unlikely to advance for the second year in a row due to opposition by the Georgia Sheriffs' Association.
ATLANTA - A group of religious leaders, human rights activists and others are planning to call for Georgia lawmakers to end capital punishment in the state.
ATLANTA - Monday marks a key deadline as bills must pass either the House or Senate to remain active for the last 10 days of the session. Known as Crossover Day, it marks the 30th day of the 40-day session.
ATLANTA - Tanya Smith, a Georgia police officer who oversees criminal investigations, is no stranger to battling the perils of drug abuse. Yet Smith's current fight is personal, in memory of her 20-year-old daughter, Taylor, who died last year while using drugs after no one called 911 for help.
CANTON, Georgia - A Georgia man is facing charges in a crash that killed his newlywed wife as they drove back from their wedding reception.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley is scheduled to speak to students and educators during a Higher Education Day rally at the state Capitol.
ATLANTA - A state lawmaker seeking to bring medical marijuana to Georgia under certain circumstances has revised his bill ahead of a key committee hearing Wednesday.
ATLANTA - The Georgia state Senate has passed a bill meant to help ex-offenders re-enter society and find jobs.
ATLANTA - The Georgia House has approved a bill that would require state environmental regulators to consult with local officials on how best to handle toxic spills.
ATLANTA - The Georgia state senate has passed a bill requiring insurance companies to cover autism therapy for children under the age of 6.
ATLANTA - Two organizations are pushing state lawmakers to oppose a bill that would expand the rights of gun owners in the state.
ATLANTA - A freshman state lawmaker from Cherokee County has apologized for introducing a bill that would have loosened restrictions on sex offender in Georgia.
ATLANTA - The Georgia state Senate has approved a resolution to cap the state's income tax at its current rate.
ATLANTA - A Georgia Supreme Court ruling reinforces inmates' rights to access prison libraries and legal assistance.