- Drone supporters say ban around Georgia Capitol goes too far Updated: Jul-05-15 10:47 am
ATLANTA - Drone enthusiasts are calling a ban on the unmanned vehicles within five miles of Georgia's Capitol an overreach of authority by state officials, while agency officials argue the change is necessary and follows federal guidelines.
- Ga. troopers ramping up enforcement during holiday weekend Updated: Jul-01-15 4:05 am
ATLANTA - Georgia state troopers say they're planning to beef up enforcement during the upcoming July 4 holiday travel period.
- Georgia high court says bonds for Braves stadium are valid Updated: Jun-29-15 11:48 am
ATLANTA - The Georgia Supreme Court has upheld the authorization of up to $397 million in bonds to build a new baseball stadium for the Braves in Cobb County.
- Court in Atlanta begins marrying gay couples Updated: Jun-26-15 3:18 pm
ATLANTA - A court in Atlanta started marrying gay couples Friday after the U.S. Supreme Court struck down Georgia's ban on same-sex marriage.
- Confederate, Jim Crow tributes go well beyond battle flag Updated: Jun-24-15 11:13 am
ATLANTA - South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley called for removing the Confederate battle flag that flies in front of her state's Capitol. But she hasn't said the Confederate veterans' monument alongside the flag should go.
- Jury selection to continue in Ga. officer slaying trial Updated: Jun-22-15 6:50 pm
ATLANTA - Jury selection in the trial of a man accused of killing a police officer in Athens will continue after the state high court dismissed a series of appeals.
- 3 people killed in I-16 crash east of Macon identified Updated: Jun-20-15 10:39 am
SOPERTON, Georgia - Authorities have identified three people who died after a tanker truck smashed into the back of a car on Interstate 16.
- Prosecutors, defense mull options after conviction reversed Updated: Jun-16-15 8:03 am
ATLANTA - Prosecutors and defense lawyers must now chart a new course through a sea of legal questions after Georgia's highest court reversed the murder conviction of a man accused of killing a father who had just dropped off his son at preschool.
- Central Georgia sheriff's deputy accused of drunken driving Updated: Jun-14-15 12:02 pm
MACON, Georgia - A sheriff's deputy in central Georgia is facing a drunken driving charge.
- Flex lanes expected to alleviate congestion on Georgia 400 Updated: Jun-14-15 9:04 am
ATLANTA - An adjustment to a metro Atlanta highway is expected to offer drivers relief from daily rush hour congestion.
- Georgia to spend $10M on safety effort focused on big trucks Updated: Jun-11-15 3:12 pm
ELLABELLE, Georgia - Georgia will spend $10 million to add officers to the state law-enforcement division focused on watching and inspecting commercial trucks, Gov. Deal announced Thursday along a stretch of interstate where tractor-trailers recently caused a pair of crashes that killed 10 people.
- Florida and Georgia governors hold private meeting on water Updated: Jun-09-15 6:56 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Amid an ongoing legal fight the governors of Florida and Georgia met behind closed doors on Tuesday to try to resolve a long-running water dispute.
- 1 person shot at Georgia State Patrol post in Gainesville Updated: Jun-08-15 8:52 am
GAINESVILLE, Georgia - One person has been shot at a Georgia State Patrol post in Gainesville.
- New education role focuses on protecting Ga. students' data Updated: Jun-06-15 11:59 am
ATLANTA - Georgia's new chief privacy officer appointed this week said she will focus on training school districts about the importance of both collecting and protecting data on Georgia students.