- Trooper fired for driving fast in crash that killed 2 teens Updated: Oct-03-15 3:51 pm
ATLANTA - A Georgia State Patrol trooper has been fired for driving excessively fast in a crash that killed two teenagers from Paulding County.
- Georgia editorial roundup Updated: Sep-30-15 4:36 pm
ATLANTA - Recent editorials from Georgia newspapers:
- The Latest on execution: Georgia woman is executed Updated: Sep-30-15 12:39 am
ATLANTA - The latest on the scheduled execution of the only woman on Georgia's death row. All times local:
- Georgia group pushing for medical marijuana expansion Updated: Sep-29-15 1:00 pm
ATLANTA - A new organization wants Georgia lawmakers to allow marijuana to be grown and harvested under close monitoring to treat certain diseases.
- 2 teenage girls killed in collision involving state trooper Updated: Sep-28-15 6:15 am
BREMEN, Georgia - Two teenage girls have been killed in a highway crash involving a Georgia State Patrol car.
- Georgia DOT: Accident closes 400, I-285 east Updated: Sep-25-15 12:15 pm
ATLANTA - The Georgia Department of Transportation has closed northbound Georgia 400 due to an overturned tractor trailer.
- Georgia lawmakers consider rules for Airbnb, rental sites Updated: Sep-22-15 2:56 pm
ATLANTA - Georgia legislators' 2016 agenda may include discussion of how to regulate and get taxes from vacation spots beyond traditional hotels, especially through Airbnb and other rental websites.
- In fight over embassy security site, Virginia leads Georgia Updated: Sep-16-15 4:40 pm
WASHINGTON - Three years after the Benghazi attack, the Obama administration and Republicans in Congress still haven't agreed on where to build a consolidated Diplomatic Security training center that both say is critical for protecting American embassies and consulates around the world.
- Lawmakers consider casinos, racing for scholarship money Updated: Sep-15-15 1:22 pm
ATLANTA - Gambling supporters, including Las Vegas-based MGM Resorts International, made their first public pitch this week that casinos and horse racing are the solution to Georgia's college scholarship funding gap.
- State high court upholds boy's conviction in killing of girl Updated: Sep-14-15 9:14 am
ATLANTA - The Georgia Supreme Court has upheld the murder conviction and life prison sentence for a 14-year-old boy who shot and killed a 14-year-old girl in the east Georgia town of Harlem.
- Truck fire closes all westbound lanes of Interstate 20 Updated: Sep-09-15 6:47 am
ABERNATHY, Alabama - State transportation officials say an early morning truck fire near the Georgia-Alabama line has blocked all of westbound Interstate 20.