- Georgia officials approve tuition increases Updated: Apr-15-14 4:50 pm
- Ga. lawmaker proposes honor for traffic reporter Updated: Apr-14-14 7:22 pm
- DOT expects more political signs, warns of dangers Updated: Apr-13-14 7:10 am
- Georgia's share of NFL stadium costs could grow Updated: Apr-11-14 11:18 am
- Transportation officials hold rail network forums Updated: Apr-09-14 4:34 am
- $4 million to fund conflict-free lawyers for poor Updated: Apr-08-14 4:59 pm
- Private company selling Georgia crash records Updated: Apr-06-14 2:47 pm
- Congressmen seek House support for Savannah harbor Updated: Apr-02-14 4:01 pm
- Georgia editorial roundup Updated: Apr-01-14 2:04 pm
- Number of deaths on Ga. state highways declines Updated: Mar-31-14 4:50 pm
- Pastor of Rome church killed in head-on collision Updated: Mar-31-14 9:38 am
- Georgia district lines mean strong GOP advantage Updated: Mar-31-14 12:04 am
- Bridge project to include new home for osprey Updated: Mar-30-14 9:26 am
- Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal to speak at UGA event Updated: Mar-29-14 6:14 am
- Ga. high court disbars former US representative Updated: Mar-28-14 3:32 pm
- Georgia high court tosses man's death sentence Updated: Mar-28-14 2:58 pm
- Construction, rain could slow Atlanta traffic Updated: Mar-28-14 10:19 am
- Civil War park to be dedicated in NW Georgia Updated: Mar-27-14 11:23 am
- Ga. lawmakers finish session, head into campaigns Updated: Mar-21-14 7:53 pm
- Bill expanding gun carry rights in Ga. passes Updated: Mar-21-14 1:58 pm
- Final day of 2014 session hectic for Ga. lawmakers Updated: Mar-21-14 12:53 am
- Voters get choice on freezing Ga. income tax rate Updated: Mar-20-14 9:54 pm
- Georgia Common Core fight appears settled for now Updated: Mar-20-14 6:27 pm
- GA lawmakers ban minors from buying 'e-cigarettes' Updated: Mar-20-14 6:02 pm
- School bus, truck collide head-on in west Georgia Updated: Mar-20-14 5:00 pm
DAHLONEGA, Georgia - Tuition is going up for Georgia students at all 31 state colleges and universities under a budget plan approved Tuesday by the state Board of Regents, including the largest increase of $372 more per semester for Georgia Tech undergraduates.
ATLANTA - A Georgia state senator plans to propose renaming a metro Atlanta highway interchange after a reporter who kept watch over local roads for decades.
ATLANTA - State transportation officials say they expect the number of political signs to increase as elections near, and they are reminding Georgians that it's illegal to place the signs in the right of way of the state highway system.
ATLANTA - Georgia officials are preparing to spend more than $30 million to buy land and build parking for the new stadium that would be home to the Atlanta Falcons.
ATLANTA - The Georgia Department of Transportation is hosting a series of public meetings on a rail network plan.
ATLANTA - Georgia's governor signed an executive order Tuesday to provide $4 million to cover costs associated with providing lawyers without conflicting interests for poor defendants.
ATLANTA - Selling car crash reports to a private company has saved time and money according to state officials, but some drivers cite concerns over retrieval costs and privacy.
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Georgia's 14 congressmen sent a letter Wednesday to the chairman of a House budget subcommittee to ask for help jumpstarting the expansion of Savannah's busy shipping channel.
Recent editorials from Georgia newspapers:
ATLANTA - Georgia Department of Transportation officials say the number of traffic fatalities on state highways has fallen for the eighth consecutive year.
ADAIRSVILLE, Georgia - Georgia State Patrol officials say the pastor of a Rome church was killed in a head-on collision.
ATLANTA - Georgia is undoubtedly a conservative-leaning state.
GAINESVILLE, Georgia - Transportation plans usually affect humans, not a federally protected bird of prey.
ATHENS, Georgia - Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal is set to speak at the University of Georgia.
ATLANTA - The Georgia Supreme Court has disbarred a former U.S. representative who previously served as a state court judge in DeKalb County.
ATLANTA - Georgia's highest court on Friday tossed out the conviction and death sentence of man who had been found guilty of killing a bank vice president in 1999.
ATLANTA - Construction work and rainy weather as motorists head south for spring break could create weekend slowdowns on metro Atlanta freeways.
ROCKY FACE, Georgia - Some 150 years ago, Confederate and Federal troops dug into the mountains and ridges just north of Dalton and lobbed artillery shells at each other across Mill Creek Gap.
ATLANTA - Members of the Georgia General Assembly are ready to begin their campaigns for another term, fresh off a legislative session highlighted by scads of campaign-friendly maneuvers.
ATLANTA - People with a license to carry a weapon could bring their guns into some houses of worship under legislation adopted by Georgia lawmakers.
ATLANTA - A bill allowing sick patients to legally take a marijuana derivative to ease their symptoms failed Thursday in the final hours of Georgia's legislative session, stalling amid a dispute between House and Senate lawmakers.
ATLANTA - Voters will decide whether to freeze Georgia's top marginal income tax rate at the current level of 6 percent.
ATLANTA - Republican lawmakers appear to have settled a roiling fight over national education standards called Common Core.
ATLANTA - Georgia lawmakers have voted to keep so-called e-cigarettes out of the hands of minors.
BUCHANAN, Georgia - Authorities are investigating a head-on collision between a pickup truck and a school bus in west Georgia that injured several school children and both drivers.