- Bassitt makes emergency start for A's in 2-1 loss to Rockies Updated: Jul-01-15 3:33 am
OAKLAND, California - Chris Bassitt was in Nashville early Tuesday morning when he learned he was going to pitch on short rest in Oakland that night. Hours later, he was on his way up from the minors.
- Hernandez struggles in 10th, D-backs lose 6-4 to Dodgers Updated: Jul-01-15 3:06 am
PHOENIX - David Hernandez's arm feels fine. It's location he's having a problem with in his return from Tommy John surgery.
- Grandal's 4 RBIs lift Dodgers to 6-4 win over D-backs in 10 Updated: Jul-01-15 2:50 am
PHOENIX - Yasmani Grandal heard all the negative comments after he arrived in Los Angeles - about his recovery from knee surgery, his ability to handle the pressure of playing for the Dodgers, being the centerpiece of a trade for Matt Kemp.
- Struggling Padres 1-hit by Mariners rookie Mike Montgomery Updated: Jul-01-15 2:36 am
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Padres are 5-9 since they fired manager Bud Black on June 15.
- De La Rosa pitches Rockies to 2-1 win over Athletics Updated: Jul-01-15 2:26 am
OAKLAND, California - After 21 years in the majors, Colorado reliever LaTroy Hawkins isn't trying to trick anyone with pitch sequences.
- Right-leaning McCain comes up short in foul ball bid Updated: Jul-01-15 1:33 am
PHOENIX - The ball from the left and John McCain leaned to the right.
- Mariners rookie Montgomery loses no-hit bid in 7th vs Padres Updated: Jul-01-15 12:12 am
- Murphy back, Cuddyer hurt in Mets' 1-0 loss to Cubs Updated: Jul-01-15 12:00 am
NEW YORK - On the night Daniel Murphy returned to New York's lineup, the Mets' faltering offense might have lost another bat.
- Giants finish month under .500 with 5-3 loss to Marlins Updated: Jun-30-15 11:41 pm
MIAMI - The San Francisco Giants ended June the way they started it - with a loss.
- Hendricks, 3 relievers shut down Mets in Cubs' 1-0 win Updated: Jun-30-15 11:33 pm
NEW YORK - Joe Maddon sat behind his desk in the visitors' clubhouse and, with a sly smile, pressed play on his mobile device, starting up The Lovin' Spoonful's "Do You Believe In Magic?"
- Gordon's inside-the-park homer helps Marlins beat Giants 5-3 Updated: Jun-30-15 11:24 pm
MIAMI - Celebrating his first home run of the year, Dee Gordon trotted to the dugout wearing a grin and a jersey caked with dirt, thanks to his headfirst slide.
- Arizona brings up Stites, sends Webster to Reno Updated: Jun-30-15 11:00 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks have recalled right-hander Matt Stites from Triple-A Reno and optioned right-hander Allen Webster to the Aces.
- Cain, Peavy to return with back-to-back starts for Giants Updated: Jun-30-15 6:15 pm
MIAMI - Matt Cain and Jake Peavy are headed back to work for the San Francisco Giants. The two pitchers will start this week following lengthy stays on the disabled list.
- Casey McGehee designated for assignment by Giants Updated: Jun-30-15 4:54 pm
MIAMI - Casey McGehee, the NL Comeback Player of the Year in 2014, will need another comeback.
- Bullpen blows 4-run lead, Dodgers lose 10-6 to Diamondbacks Updated: Jun-30-15 3:48 am
PHOENIX - Mike Bolsinger was so sick he couldn't pitch past the fourth inning. Dodgers manager Don Mattingly didn't feel good, either, for a much different reason.
- Rockies lose series opener to Athletics, 7-1 Updated: Jun-30-15 2:41 am
OAKLAND, California - David Hale put the Colorado Rockies in an early hole they were unable to overcome.
- Dodgers pitcher Mike Bolsinger leaves with flu-like symptoms Updated: Jun-29-15 11:50 pm
PHOENIX - Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Mike Bolsinger left his start Monday night after four innings due to flu-like symptoms, the club announced during the game against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Padres fall short as D-backs avoid sweep with 6-4 win Updated: Jun-28-15 8:44 pm
SAN DIEGO - Matt Kemp doesn't think batting leadoff matters, even though his numbers are markedly better in the No. 1 spot in the lineup.
- Castillo powers Diamondbacks past Padres 6-4 Updated: Jun-28-15 8:27 pm
SAN DIEGO - Arizona manager Chip Hale thought his team's offense was ready to break out, and he was right.
- Bumgarner pitches, hits Giants to 6-3 win Updated: Jun-28-15 7:30 pm
- Sputtering without Stanton, Marlins lose to Dodgers, 2-0 Updated: Jun-28-15 5:51 pm
MIAMI - Without Giancarlo Stanton, the Miami Marlins couldn't muster much against Zack Greinke.
- Greinke pitches into 8th inning, Dodgers blank Marlins 2-0 Updated: Jun-28-15 5:50 pm
MIAMI - To earn his first win since May 5, all Zack Greinke needed was a lead.
- Marlins' slugger Stanton undergoes surgery on broken hand Updated: Jun-28-15 5:25 pm
MIAMI - Miami Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton underwent surgery Sunday on his broken left hand, and the timetable for his return remains four to six weeks.
- Rusin pitches well in Rockies' 7-5 loss Updated: Jun-27-15 9:38 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Carlos Gonzalez pointed to Giants long reliever Yusemeiro Petit as the key to Colorado's fortunes on Saturday.
- Giants pitcher Lincecum hit in elbow by liner, leaves game Updated: Jun-27-15 5:38 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Giants right-hander Tim Lincecum was hit in his pitching elbow by a line drive Saturday and left the game against Colorado.