- Cashner remains winless in San Francisco as Padres lose 6-0 Updated: May-06-15 2:35 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Andrew Cashner has pitched through some tough luck this season. That wasn't the problem Tuesday night.
- Home runs doom Brewers again, lose 8-2 to Dodgers, who hit 3 Updated: May-06-15 1:33 am
MILWAUKEE - Not keeping the ball in the park once again caught up with the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Ryan Vogelsong pitches surging Giants to 6-0 win over Padres Updated: May-06-15 1:08 am
- Greinke sharp in win, Dodgers beat Brewers 8-2 Updated: May-06-15 12:59 am
MILWAUKEE - No matter what uniform he's wearing, Zack Greinke is dominant at Miller Park.
- Giants' Pagan scratched from lineup vs. Padres Updated: May-05-15 9:36 pm
- Padres place Brandon Morrow on DL with ailing shoulder Updated: May-05-15 9:23 pm
- Diamondbacks and Rockies rained out, doubleheader Wednesday Updated: May-05-15 9:05 pm
DENVER - Arizona catcher Jordan Pacheco saw the spin on the breaking pitch and drove it to the deepest part of the hallway. He roared at his long home run.
- Kershaw misses again on No. 100, Dodgers fall to Brewers 4-3 Updated: May-05-15 12:39 am
- Padres catching prospect Austin Hedges called up to majors Updated: May-05-15 12:38 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Triple-A manager Pat Murphy had quite the trick to play on Austin Hedges for the catcher's first career callup to the major leagues.
- Dodgers call up LHP Coulombe Updated: May-04-15 9:39 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Los Angeles Dodgers called up left-handed reliever Daniel Coulombe from Triple-A Oklahoma City on Monday and transferred left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu from the 15-day to the 60-day disabled list.
- Ottavino concerned he needs Tommy John surgery Updated: May-04-15 8:54 pm
DENVER - In the midst of the best start of his career, Colorado Rockies closer Adam Ottavino is concerned his season might be over.
- MLB, union say players taken in draft can be traded earlier Updated: May-04-15 4:12 pm
NEW YORK - Major League Baseball and the players' association have agreed to change the rule that has kept first-round pick Trea Turner from joining his new team after a trade, though it will affect only future drafts.
- Dodgers acquire first baseman Andy Wilkins from Blue Jays Updated: May-04-15 12:41 am
- Marshall gives up HR to Grandal in 13th as D-Backs lose 1-0 Updated: May-03-15 10:21 pm
- Grandal's 13th-inning homer lifts Dodgers over D-Backs 1-0 Updated: May-03-15 9:48 pm
- Rockies lose 5th straight game, 8-6 to Padres in homer fest Updated: May-03-15 9:02 pm
SAN DIEGO - Other than driving seven balls out of Petco Park, the Colorado Rockies didn't have much to show for their weekend in San Diego.
- Gyorko's long homer helps Padres to 8-6 win over Rockies Updated: May-03-15 8:44 pm
- Weaver struggles again in Angels' 5-0 loss to Giants Updated: May-03-15 7:48 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Jered Weaver had hoped to get his season back on track after stumbling through his first five starts.
- Giants beat Angels 5-0 behind Lincecum for 3-game sweep Updated: May-03-15 7:38 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Tim Lincecum's fastball averages about 89 mph this season, down from 93-95 mph when he won consecutive NL Cy Young Awards in 2008 and '09.
- Rockies designate Jorge Rondon for assignment Updated: May-02-15 7:33 pm
SAN DIEGO - The Colorado Rockies designated right-hander Jorge Rondon for assignment Saturday and called up left-hander Ken Roberts from Triple-A Albuquerque.
- Smith upset over glove, self in Angels loss Updated: May-02-15 3:12 am
- All-Star OF Carlos Quentin retires in minors with Mariners Updated: May-02-15 2:45 am
SEATTLE - Carlos Quentin retired Friday after chronic knee injuries cut short his All-Star career.
- Baseball now officially on the clock with pace-of-play rules Updated: May-02-15 12:16 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - The reality of baseball's new pace-of-play rules hit the Oklahoma City Dodgers' Matt Carson in the top of the sixth inning Friday night when he was down 0-1 in the count before he even saw a pitch.
- Padres call up RHP Vincent from Triple-A El Paso Updated: May-01-15 7:00 pm
SAN DIEGO - The Padres recalled right-hander Nick Vincent from Triple A El Paso on Friday.
- Vogelsong gives up 4 HRs in Giants' 7-3 loss to Dodgers Updated: Apr-30-15 3:05 am
LOS ANGELES - Ryan Vogelsong gave up home runs to four of his first 11 batters - three of them in the first inning - in a ballpark that is usually very stingy when it comes to yielding the long ball.