- Padres shut out for 5th time in 16 games, 3-0 by Cubs Updated: May-22-15 12:47 am
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Padres have been shut out twice in the first seven games of this homestand and for the fifth time in 16 games.
- Hendricks' 5-hitter, Bryant's 2-run homer carry Cubs, 3-0 Updated: May-22-15 12:39 am
SAN DIEGO - Kyle Hendricks hadn't thrown a complete game or shutout in his two-year big league career. He didn't have a win yet this year.
- Second man who beat Giants fan in LA gets federal time Updated: May-21-15 11:22 pm
LOS ANGELES - A second man has been sentenced to federal prison in connection to a brutal beating of a San Francisco Giants fan outside of Dodger Stadium in 2011.
- Kershaw loses to Bumgarner, Giants again blank Dodgers Updated: May-21-15 9:26 pm
- Dodgers suspend infielder Arruebarrena for rest of season Updated: May-21-15 8:36 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Infielder Erisbel Arruebarrena was a major league player at this time last year. Now he's a man without a team at any level.
- Williams struggles in 7-3 loss to Rockies Updated: May-21-15 8:17 pm
- Arizona completes 4-game sweep of Marlins 7-6 Updated: May-21-15 7:54 pm
- McKenry's homer lifts Rockies to 7-3 win over Phillies Updated: May-21-15 7:45 pm
DENVER - On a day Jorge De La Rosa struggled to get anything over the plate, he became the team's career strikeouts leader.
- Bumgarner homers off Kershaw, Giants again blank Dodgers Updated: May-21-15 7:11 pm
- De La Rosa becomes Rockies' career strikeouts leader Updated: May-21-15 5:12 pm
- Butler struggles as Rockies fall to Phillies, 4-2 Updated: May-21-15 1:27 am
DENVER - Eddie Butler struggled on the mound for the second straight start. His problems off the mound hurt him, too.
- Dodgers pitcher Hyun-Jin Ryu to have left shoulder surgery Updated: May-20-15 9:27 pm
- Struggling Drew Stubbs sent to minors by Rockies Updated: May-20-15 7:18 pm
- Reds: Bad firework caused smokestack fire at Great American Updated: May-20-15 12:32 pm
CINCINNATI - Officials with the Cincinnati Reds say the fireworks smokestack at Great American Ballpark that caught fire last week has been inspected by engineers and is expected to be up and running when the team returns for its next home game Monday.
- Dodgers finalize $62.5 million, 6-year deal with Olivera Updated: May-20-15 9:39 am
LOS ANGELES - Cuban infielder Hector Olivera arrived at the Dodgers' spring training facility in Arizona after finalizing a $62.5 million, six-year contract Tuesday, and predicted he could be playing in the major leagues within a month.
- Cubs infielders commit 3 errors in 4-3 loss to Padres Updated: May-20-15 2:39 am
SAN DIEGO - It was a rough night for the Chicago Cubs' infield.
- Padres place Wil Myers on disabled list, recall RHP Mazzoni Updated: May-19-15 10:57 pm
- De La Rosa goes 9 innings, D-backs beat Marlins 3-2 in 13 Updated: May-19-15 12:08 am
- Tulowitzki back in the lineup after missing 2 games Updated: May-18-15 8:12 pm
- Strasburg beats Padres again, Harper homers in 10-5 win Updated: May-17-15 9:04 pm
SAN DIEGO - Bryce Harper slid into third base with the Washington Nationals' first hit, popped up and pumped his first.
- Bolsinger stymies Rockies in Dodgers' 1-0 win Updated: May-17-15 8:33 pm
LOS ANGELES - Injuries to the Los Angeles Dodgers' rotation provided an opening for Mike Bolsinger to make his mark in his second big league season. He's done that and more in his three starts, allowing just two runs in 17 1-3 innings.
- Price hints at changes after Reds' 9-8 loss to Giants Updated: May-17-15 7:18 pm
- Phillies beat D-backs 6-0 for 5-game winning streak Updated: May-17-15 6:24 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Sean O'Sullivan's biggest difficulty during his first win in more than four years was receiving a ball from his own catcher.
- Belt's 3rd homer in 3 games helps Giants beat Reds 9-8 Updated: May-17-15 6:15 pm
CINCINNATI - Getting back to basics is working for Brandon Belt and the San Francisco Giants.
- Diamondbacks lose 4th straight, 6-0 to Phillies Updated: May-17-15 6:08 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Disgusted by their play, the Arizona Diamondbacks held a team meeting following yet another loss.