- Lewis struggles while Ross shuts down Rangers 7-0 Updated: Sep-01-15 2:00 am
SAN DIEGO - The way the Texas Rangers have been scoring, Colby Lewis figured allowing two runs in the third inning wasn't going to be that bad.
- Ross shuts down Rangers, hits RBI single in 7-0 Padres win Updated: Sep-01-15 1:48 am
SAN DIEGO - Tyson Ross had it all working Monday night: pitching, hitting and sportsmanship toward a good friend and former teammate.
- Ray's good start wasted by Arizona in 5-4 loss to Rockies Updated: Sep-01-15 1:35 am
- Giants acquire OF De Aza in trade with Red Sox Updated: Sep-01-15 1:21 am
- Paulsen's 2-run single lifts Rockies over Diamondbacks, 5-4 Updated: Sep-01-15 1:20 am
DENVER - The Colorado Rockies struggled to get the big hit with runners on base all game. Down to their last outs, they finally came through.
- LEADING OFF: Bumgarner vs. Greinke, rosters reboot Updated: Aug-31-15 9:20 pm
A look at what's happening all around the major leagues Tuesday:
- Flores helps Mets surge in fascinating deadline postscript Updated: Aug-31-15 2:57 am
For the New York Mets, August has been like a dream, and nothing sums up their charmed life better than the saga of Wilmer Flores.
- Arrieta pitches no-hitter for Cubs in 2-0 win over Dodgers Updated: Aug-31-15 1:23 am
LOS ANGELES - Even after pitching his first career no-hitter, Jake Arrieta wasn't too big to wear his PJs.
- Dodgers no-hit for 2nd time in 10 days with 2-0 loss to Cubs Updated: Aug-31-15 1:11 am
LOS ANGELES - This isn't how the Los Angeles Dodgers wanted to go into a crucial three-game series against the second-place Giants.
- Jake Arrieta of Cubs working on no-hitter against Dodgers Updated: Aug-30-15 10:42 pm
- Switch-pitcher Venditte gets 1st win, A's top D-backs in 11 Updated: Aug-30-15 10:33 pm
PHOENIX - A frigid beer shower never felt better to Pat Venditte, the switch-pitcher's reward for his first major league win at age 30.
- Closer Ziegler falters in 11th, A's top Diamondbacks 7-4 Updated: Aug-30-15 10:11 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona manager Chip Hale couldn't hide his frustration after the Diamondbacks finished a 1-6 homestand that dropped them four games under .500.
- Byrd has big day in Giants' 7-5 loss to Cardinals Updated: Aug-30-15 9:09 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Marlon Byrd said there was only one way he could have enjoyed his 38th birthday more.
- Carpenter, Moss, Reynolds homer as Cardinals beat Giants 7-5 Updated: Aug-30-15 7:32 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Matt Carpenter, Brandon Moss and Mark Reynolds all hit home runs, Yadier Molina drove in two and the St. Louis Cardinals beat the San Francisco Giants 7-5 on Sunday.
- NL East-leading Mets get reliever Addison Reed from Arizona Updated: Aug-30-15 6:48 pm
NEW YORK - The NL East-leading New York Mets acquired reliever Addison Reed from Arizona for two minor league pitchers Sunday, completing a trade they hope will bolster their late-inning bullpen.
- Shields leads Padres past Phillies 9-4 Updated: Aug-30-15 6:23 pm
PHILADELPHIA - James Shields ended his road skid, and the Padres finally beat the Phillies.
- Morton struggles as Rockies beat Pirates 5-0 Updated: Aug-30-15 6:18 pm
PITTSBURGH - Charlie Morton cruised through three no-hit innings Sunday. But, as often happens to the Pittsburgh Pirates right-hander, his outing unraveled in the fourth.
- De La Rosa dominates as Rockies beat Pirates 5-0 Updated: Aug-30-15 6:08 pm
PITTSBURGH - Jorge De La Rosa was happy with the game's outcome but a little embarrassed by how his day ended.
- Diamondbacks option reliever Chafin to minors Updated: Aug-30-15 4:47 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks optioned left-hander Andrew Chafin to Triple-A Reno on Sunday so the young reliever can rest.
- Rusin bounces back but Rockies fall to Pirates 4-3 Updated: Aug-29-15 11:41 pm
PITTSBURGH - Chris Rusin didn't even look at the tape. The struggling Colorado Rockies left-hander didn't need video evidence to remind him of the worst start of his career.
- Vin Scully: 2016 will be final season in booth for Dodgers Updated: Aug-29-15 7:22 pm
LOS ANGELES - Vin Scully said Saturday that 2016 will be his last season in the broadcast booth for the Los Angeles Dodgers, which would mark the end of his record 67-year tenure with the same franchise.
- Pro teams push California to offer high-stakes raffles Updated: Aug-29-15 2:26 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The pitch is for charity, but the call could favor California's professional sports teams.
- Passed balls cost A's in 6-4 loss to Diamondbacks Updated: Aug-29-15 3:02 am
PHOENIX - Stephen Vogt couldn't do anything more than feel terrible about his two passed balls in one inning, mistakes that cost the Oakland Athletics the lead in their latest loss.
- Cardinals rally, lose in ninth on Tomlinson winning single Updated: Aug-29-15 2:17 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Michael Wacha is never surprised that the St. Louis Cardinals find a way to come back even if behind big early.
- Vin Scully to return for record 67th year with Dodgers Updated: Aug-28-15 11:40 pm
LOS ANGELES - The voice of summer in Los Angeles plans to return next year.