- A look at each potential World Series matchup Updated: Oct-09-15 2:31 am
With four teams remaining in each league, there are 16 possible matchups for the World Series. We could wait and see who makes it, but what fun is that?
- Kershaw, Dodgers facing different Mets in playoffs Updated: Oct-08-15 10:58 pm
LOS ANGELES - Clayton Kershaw isn't sure what to expect from the new-look Mets, whose dramatic transformation in the second half of the season led to an NL East title.
- Tom Lasorda to toss out 1st pitch before Game 2 of NLDS Updated: Oct-08-15 7:24 pm
LOS ANGELES - Hall of Fame manager Tom Lasorda, who guided the Los Angeles Dodgers to their last World Series title in 1988, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before Game 2 of the NL Division Series.
- Broadcaster Vin Scully to miss postseason after procedure Updated: Oct-08-15 6:17 pm
LOS ANGELES - Hall of Fame broadcaster Vin Scully won't be calling any games in the baseball playoffs after undergoing a medical procedure.
- Mets gear up to face 'those 2 animals' at Dodger Stadium Updated: Oct-07-15 6:43 pm
NEW YORK - Michael Cuddyer and the New York Mets are well aware of the challenge ahead.
- Puig says he's on Dodgers' playoff roster for NLDS Updated: Oct-07-15 6:16 pm
LOS ANGELES - Yasiel Puig said Wednesday he's on the playoff roster for the Los Angeles Dodgers, who haven't revealed their 25-man squad for the upcoming NL Division Series.
- Clayton Kershaw seeks elusive postseason success for Dodgers Updated: Oct-07-15 1:56 pm
LOS ANGELES - No one epitomizes the Los Angeles Dodgers' recent playoff failures more than Clayton Kershaw. As brilliant as he's been in his career - winning last year's NL MVP and three Cy Young Awards - the ace has yet to achieve success in the postseason.
- Rockies will bring back manager Walt Weiss for another year Updated: Oct-06-15 10:41 pm
COMMERCE CITY, Colorado - Colorado Rockies manager Walt Weiss will return to the dugout next season after meeting with General Manager Jeff Bridich on Tuesday.
- Harvey misses Mets' workout, apologizes after late arrival Updated: Oct-06-15 6:45 pm
NEW YORK - Matt Harvey is off to a horrendous start in his first postseason.
- Yomiuri Giants pitcher Fukuda suspended for bets on baseball Updated: Oct-06-15 4:43 am
TOKYO - A pitcher for the Yomiuri Giants, Japan's most popular baseball team, has been suspended for betting on games, including those involving his own team.
- After encouraging season, D-backs GM says 'we're close' Updated: Oct-05-15 9:26 pm
PHOENIX - A 15-game improvement in the standings with a core of talented young players and an aggressive style has the Arizona Diamondbacks believing they are headed in the right direction.
- Giants miss playoffs again after latest championship run Updated: Oct-05-15 8:04 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The defending champion Giants missed the playoffs in yet another odd-year disappointment, as has become the recent pattern following title runs.
- Preller looking for manager to get Padres playing better Updated: Oct-05-15 6:43 pm
SAN DIEGO - Admitting his San Diego Padres "didn't have the right formula" this season, general manager A.J. Preller says he's looking for a manager who can get the underachieving team to play at a high level.
- Weiss' return with Rockies in limbo after losing season Updated: Oct-05-15 4:02 pm
DENVER - Nolan Arenado has the stats to be an MVP. His team doesn't have the wins to really give him any sort of chance.
- Diamondbacks fire pitching coach Mike Harkey Updated: Oct-05-15 2:55 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks have fired pitching coach Mike Harkey.
- Bryant has best-selling baseball jersey; Bumgarner 2nd Updated: Oct-05-15 12:01 pm
NEW YORK - Chicago Cubs first baseman Kris Bryant has the most popular jersey among big leaguers this season, the first rookie to top the list since Major League Baseball and its players' union started releasing sales rankings from MLB.com's online shop in 2010.
- MLB: Chicago Cubs Kris Bryant jersey is top seller Updated: Oct-05-15 11:06 am
CHICAGO - Kris Bryant hasn't played a single game in the postseason but already he's a winner.
- Playoff Push: Kershaw aims at redemption, stars set to debut Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 am
The Major League Baseball playoffs begin this week, starting Tuesday night with the American League wild-card game at Yankee Stadium.
- Heston ends rookie season on sour note as Giants lose 9-3 Updated: Oct-03-15 3:22 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Chris Heston finished his rookie year on a low note, allowing a season high in runs. He can still take plenty of positives into the winter as he looks ahead to 2016.
- Astros hand Diamondbacks' record-breaking blowout loss Updated: Oct-03-15 3:17 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks were looking to spoil Houston's postseason aspirations.
- Padres lose to Dodgers 6-2; fall to 35-44 on road Updated: Oct-03-15 2:03 am
- Keuchel wins 20th, Astros set runs record, rout D-backs 21-5 Updated: Oct-03-15 1:53 am
- Arenado's 42nd home run leads Rockies past Giants 9-3 Updated: Oct-03-15 1:41 am
- Dodgers beat Padres 6-2 to gain on Mets for home-field Updated: Oct-03-15 1:36 am
LOS ANGELES - There's something about Dodger Stadium that makes Alex Wood pitch especially well.
- Matz's back injury could cost him Division Series start Updated: Oct-03-15 12:50 am