- Conn. bill attempts to target "knockout game" Updated: Mar-08-14 11:26 am
- Conn. state police step up tailgating enforcement Updated: Mar-08-14 10:05 am
- Connecticut could be 1st state to curb loud movies Updated: Mar-08-14 9:37 am
- Conn. governor visiting RI to discuss dyslexia Updated: Mar-07-14 3:04 am
- Conn. poll shows support for assisted suicide Updated: Mar-06-14 12:45 pm
- Local officials seek reduced Conn. trooper costs Updated: Mar-06-14 6:38 am
- Conn. bill requires unsafe chemicals to be listed Updated: Mar-06-14 3:05 am
- Conn. DMV opposes online license plate auction Updated: Mar-05-14 1:31 pm
- Chafee to travel to Connecticut for Obama speech Updated: Mar-05-14 11:39 am
- Movie theater execs say Conn. bill unnecessary Updated: Mar-04-14 6:02 pm
- Poll: Foley leading GOP competitors in Conn. race Updated: Mar-04-14 6:15 am
- Conn. VFW commander wants Keno to stay in budget Updated: Mar-03-14 5:29 pm
- Amendment would protect Conn. transportation fund Updated: Mar-03-14 10:11 am
- 3 Democratic governors talk up higher minimum wage Updated: Mar-02-14 2:13 pm
- Mass., Conn., RI governors. oppose military cuts Updated: Mar-01-14 1:13 pm
- Holder-Winfield sworn in as newest Conn. senator Updated: Feb-28-14 6:59 pm
- Connecticut bill requires study of road treatments Updated: Feb-28-14 3:44 pm
- Metro-North execs pledge changes to boost service Updated: Feb-27-14 6:00 pm
- Conn. lawmakers address student-athlete injuries Updated: Feb-27-14 4:34 pm
- Conn. Senate leader says he won't seek re-election Updated: Feb-26-14 6:06 pm
- Parents hope to send message about Conn. court Updated: Feb-26-14 4:54 pm
- House GOP forces hearing on common core curriculum Updated: Feb-26-14 4:50 pm
- Holder-Winfield wins special election in Conn. Updated: Feb-26-14 2:59 am
- New Conn. DEEP leader clears a confirmation hurdle Updated: Feb-25-14 5:07 pm
- Bill would allow Conn. exchange to negotiate Updated: Feb-25-14 1:43 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut lawmakers are considering a bill that would increase criminal penalties for sucker-punch attacks.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut state police are stepping up enforcement of laws against tailgating.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Connecticut could become the first state to curb loud movies under proposed legislation that's drawing opposition from the Motion Picture Association of America.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is appearing at a Rhode Island school, where he is scheduled to talk to students about his personal experiences overcoming learning disabilities.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A poll indicates there's strong support in Connecticut for legislation that would allow doctors to prescribe medication to help terminally ill patients end their lives.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Local officials in central Connecticut are asking state lawmakers to rein in what they call fast-rising costs for resident state troopers instead of a local police force.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut lawmakers are considering legislation that would require several state agencies to come up with a list of chemicals that are considered highly unsafe to children.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's Department of Motor Vehicles commissioner is urging state legislators to scrap a bill that would require the agency to set up a system for selling certain license plate registrations through an Internet auction.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Movie cinema executives are urging lawmakers to oppose a bill that would establish a maximum decibel level inside Connecticut theaters.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A statewide poll shows Greenwich businessman Tom Foley, the Republicans' 2010 gubernatorial candidate, has a large lead over his fellow GOP contenders.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The state commander of the Veterans of Foreign Wars is urging lawmakers to continue with plans to allow the gambling game Keno in Connecticut.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - State lawmakers, facing numerous and costly transportation projects, are considering a constitutional amendment on the ballot in November forbidding the legislature from raiding the state's Special Transportation Fund.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Three Democratic governors are talking up a higher minimum wage just days before appearing with President Barack Obama in a Connecticut visit focusing on state and federal efforts on the issue.
BOSTON - The governors of Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island are stepping up calls on President Barack Obama to scale back the proposed shrinking of the Army National Guard.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The newest member of the Connecticut Senate has been sworn into office.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Transportation Commissioner James Redeker said Friday he's willing to review whether it makes sense to add rust inhibitors to chemical road treatments used to clear ice and snow on state roads and highways, as his agency faces complaints from motorists, truckers and local fire officials about corroded vehicles.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Metro-North Railroad has failed commuters who are fed up with late trains, concerns about safety, rising fares and other chronic problems, Connecticut lawmakers bluntly told the transit agency's two top executives Thursday.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut lawmakers are considering ways to raise public awareness of dangerous medical conditions that have afflicted student athletes: concussions and cardiac arrests.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Longtime state Senate President Donald Williams announced Wednesday he will not seek re-election to the General Assembly in November.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A group of parents who've struggled with Connecticut's family court system are hoping a close judicial confirmation vote on Wednesday will send a message to the General Assembly and ultimately spark reforms of a system they argue is unfair to them.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Republican House members say they've collected enough signatures to force the General Assembly's Education Committee to hold a public hearing on Connecticut's implementation of the so-called "common core" education curriculum and new teacher evaluation process.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Democratic state Rep. Gary Holder-Winfield of New Haven has won a special state senate election to succeed veteran Toni Harp, who's now the mayor of New Haven.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's newly appointed Department of Energy and Environmental Protection commissioner is moving closer toward being confirmed.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A legislative committee wants to delay for a year when the state's insurance marketplace, Access Health CT, could begin negotiating prices with the insurance companies selling products through the exchange.