- North Korea officially squelches speculation of Kim trip Updated: May-04-15 5:55 am
PYONGYANG, North Korea - North Korea announced Monday that the head of its parliament will attend this month's Victory Day celebration in Moscow, squelching speculation that supreme leader Kim Jong Un would use the event to make his international debut.
- Kremlin: North Korean leader not coming to Moscow on May 9 Updated: Apr-30-15 8:34 am
MOSCOW - The reclusive leader of North Korea won't be coming to Moscow next month for the Victory Day celebration, President Vladimir Putin's spokesman announced Thursday.
- S. Korea says Kim Jong Un executed 15 officials this year Updated: Apr-29-15 7:17 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea's spy agency told lawmakers on Wednesday that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has ordered the execution of 15 senior officials this year who were accused of challenging his authority.
- Former ambassador: Early idea to invite Kim to US rejected Updated: Apr-10-15 8:20 pm
UNITED NATIONS - A former ambassador to South Korea says he once suggested that Kim Jong Un be invited to the United States for an "orientation trip" when Kim's father still led North Korea, but the idea was rejected - which he calls a mistake.
- UN says North Korea aid faces 'significant underfunding' Updated: Apr-09-15 1:49 am
UNITED NATIONS - A new United Nations report says humanitarian aid for North Korea faces "significant underfunding" while about 70 percent of the population faces food insecurity, and it says recent U.S. sanctions forced U.N. agencies to suspend some programs and operations last year.