- Man killed when pickup truck hits tree, lands in field Updated: May-29-15 8:55 pm
NEW CASTLE, Delaware - Delaware State Police say a man was killed when the pickup truck he was driving left the road, hit a tree, became airborne and rolled onto its roof in a field.
- Republican lawmakers introduce bill to eliminate estate tax Updated: May-29-15 4:19 am
DOVER, Delaware - Republican lawmakers have introduced legislation to eliminate Delaware's estate tax effective July 1.
- Del. gas station employee accused of inappropriate touching Updated: May-23-15 1:20 pm
NEWARK, Delaware - The Delaware State Police says they've arrested a Newark gas station employee after he inappropriately touched a female customer.
- State Supreme Court allows child sex abuse suit to proceed Updated: May-21-15 7:06 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The Delaware Supreme Court says a woman who claims she was molested by her foster father can proceed with a lawsuit against the private school where he taught.
- Delaware lawmakers leery of cutting senior tax subsidies Updated: May-21-15 5:31 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware's legislative budget writers signaled Thursday that they have no political appetite to swallow Democratic Gov. Jack Markell's proposal to cut property tax breaks for senior citizens in order to balance the budget for the fiscal year starting July 1.
- 2 teenagers charged in several New Castle armed robberies Updated: May-20-15 5:57 pm
NEW CASTLE, Delaware - Delaware State Police have charged two teenage boys in a string of armed robberies in New Castle.
- Del. troopers investigating bus crash that injured 4 Updated: May-16-15 11:10 am
FELTON, Delaware - Delaware state troopers are investigating a bus crash that injured four people near Felton.
- House Democrats pass proposal to raise vehicle fees Updated: May-14-15 8:04 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A proposal by Democratic lawmakers to raise motor vehicle fees to pay for road and infrastructure improvements cleared the House on a straight party-line vote Thursday.
- Death penalty repeal bill fails to clear House committee Updated: May-13-15 3:39 pm
A bill to abolish Delaware's death penalty failed to clear a House committee Wednesday after winning narrow passage in the Senate, the same fate suffered by similar legislation two years ago.
- Senate passes bill prohibiting bylaws on fee shifting Updated: May-12-15 7:07 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The state Senate has passed a measure prohibiting publicly traded corporations from enacting bylaws that force shareholders to pay legal fees if they challenge the company in court and lose.
- Woman killed when SUV hits culvert, goes airborne Updated: May-11-15 3:26 pm
KENTON, Delaware - Delaware State Police say a woman was killed when the SUV she was riding in hit a culvert, became airborne and hit a tree near Kenton.
- Video shows white officer kicking black man in face Updated: May-08-15 1:25 am
DOVER, Delaware - A police dashcam video released Thursday shows a black suspect being kicked in the face by a white police officer who was charged this week with assault.
- House Oks bill allowing students to skip standardized tests Updated: May-07-15 7:56 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The state House on Thursday overwhelmingly passed a bill allowing public school students to opt out of state standardized testing, but the legislation faces a possible veto by Gov. Jack Markell if it passes the Senate.
- House committee releases marijuana decriminalization bill Updated: May-06-15 8:34 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A bill decriminalizing possession of small amounts of marijuana has cleared a Delaware legislative panel and is headed to the House floor for a vote.
- Northbound I-95 in Wilmington to be closed Thursday, weekend Updated: May-06-15 6:55 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Northbound lanes on Interstate 95 will close overnight Thursday and again on the weekend as crews to mill and repave the highway.
- House delays vote on indoor ban on electronic cigarettes Updated: Apr-30-15 6:13 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The state House has postponed a vote on legislation adding electronic cigarettes to Delaware's indoor smoking ban.