- Work to slow I-40 traffic in Haywood County in May, June Updated: May-20-15 5:07 am
MAGGIE VALLEY, North Carolina - Officials say Interstate 40 will be narrowed to two lanes in northern Haywood County for construction work this week.
- Charlotte to add red lights to interstate onramps? Updated: May-09-15 6:11 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Traffic lights for interstate onramps could be coming to Charlotte.
- 4-state Southeast high-speed rail compact being discussed Updated: May-08-15 10:08 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The nation's top transportation official says he's more optimistic that high-speed rail will eventually become a reality in the Southeast after Georgia and South Carolina expressed interest in a joint agreement between North Carolina and Virginia to study, coordinate and advocate for the project.
- NC lawmakers talk road-funding fix that spreads pain around Updated: May-05-15 5:26 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A proposal to narrow North Carolina's long-term transportation funding shortfall by relying less on gasoline taxes and more on driver's fees and taxes on car sales won mostly favorable reviews Tuesday from lawmakers and road-funding advocates.
- NC DOT eliminating 81 positions to comply with budget law Updated: Apr-28-15 7:08 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The North Carolina Department of Transportation is eliminating 81 positions to comply with last year's state budget law that required it outsource more work to the private sector.