- Shiffrin, Miller make Sochi skiing 1 for the ages Updated: Feb-23-14 5:19 am
- Northug looks for 1st Sochi medal in 50K race Updated: Feb-22-14 5:51 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: Meyers on Twitter Updated: Feb-22-14 8:41 am
- Olympic women's hockey showed improvement in Sochi Updated: Feb-22-14 4:54 am
- 2 golds, but Tina Maze ends Olympics on down note Updated: Feb-21-14 3:45 pm
- Latin American athletes seek place in Winter Games Updated: Feb-21-14 3:21 pm
- Canada finishes 1-2 in Olympic women's skicross Updated: Feb-21-14 9:38 am
- Lueders proving mettle by leading Russia to medals Updated: Feb-21-14 6:43 am
- Women's skicross racers brace for tough course Updated: Feb-20-14 6:51 pm
- Canada women beat US 3-2 in OT for Olympic gold Updated: Feb-20-14 4:50 pm
- Canada wins gold in women's Olympic curling Updated: Feb-20-14 1:31 pm
- Swiss women beat Sweden 4-3 for Olympic bronze Updated: Feb-20-14 11:16 am
- SOCHI SCENE: Switzerland celebrates bronze Updated: Feb-20-14 10:00 am
- French sweep medals in skicross at Sochi Games Updated: Feb-20-14 9:45 am
- USA's Holcomb healing for 4-man event Updated: Feb-20-14 7:10 am
- US, Canada women get ready for hockey gold matchup Updated: Feb-19-14 5:41 pm
- Russia's snowboard couple medals together in Sochi Updated: Feb-19-14 4:46 pm
- Sweden tops Slovenia 5-0, advances to hockey semis Updated: Feb-19-14 11:40 am
- Ted Ligety wins GS for 2nd career Olympic gold Updated: Feb-19-14 11:20 am
- Takeuchi continues Japan's run at Extreme Park Updated: Feb-19-14 10:56 am
- Wild wins gold for Russia in parallel giant slalom Updated: Feb-19-14 6:45 am
- Kummer wins gold in women's parallel giant slalom Updated: Feb-19-14 6:37 am
- Slovenia adds another chapter to its hockey story Updated: Feb-18-14 4:32 pm
- Czechs beat Slovakia 5-3, play US in quarterfinals Updated: Feb-18-14 4:01 pm
- Latvia holds off Swiss 3-1 to reach quarterfinals Updated: Feb-18-14 3:47 pm
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Petter Northug has one last chance to make sure his Sochi Olympics aren't a total failure.
SOCHI, Russia - American bobsledder Elana Meyers of Douglasville, Georgia, took some time with @AP_Sports on Twitter, answering questions from AP journalists and fans about life as an Olympian under the hashtag #apsochi.
SOCHI, Russia - A five-time Olympian, Hayley Wickenheiser has been representing Canada in the Winter Games ever since women's hockey was added to the program.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Tina Maze ended her fifth race at the Sochi Olympics just like her first - slumped sitting on the snow, right hand to her forehead, masking an anguished expression.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Latin American countries made their debut in the winter edition of the Olympics at the 1928 Games in St. Moritz, where Argentina finished fourth in the five-man bobsled.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Marielle Thompson and Kelsey Serwa got great air even with their ski boots on, kicking back their heels and flailing their arms so wide, they almost dropped the flowers.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Pierre Lueders got to be part of the home team at the Vancouver Games, competing there as the undisputed star of Canadian bobsledding.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - It almost sounds like a sightseeing tour through Moscow: Start with the Bolshoi, keep the speed up through Gorky Park, be careful around Red Square and cruise past the Kremlin.
SOCHI, Russia - The puck skittered the length of the ice on its way toward the empty Canadian net before clanging off the post and stopping in front of the crease.
SOCHI, Russia - Her gold medal-clinching rock wasn't even halfway to the house when Canada skip Jennifer Jones put her hands to her face, soaked in the moment, then jumped up with her broom hoisted in the air.
SOCHI, Russia - The losing didn't bother the Swiss women's hockey team, even as it was slogging through the round-robin without a victory and finishing last in its group.
SOCHI, Russia - The way the Switzerland women's hockey team was euphorically celebrating their victory, and the way the Swedes were crestfallen in defeat, you would have thought that the two teams were playing in the Olympic gold medal game.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Just shy of an elegant and historic finish in a sport where both are in short supply, France's Jonathan Midol provided a comic reminder Thursday that in skicross, order comes from chaos, not the other way around.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Moments after Steven Holcomb left the track, an incredulous Russian TV reporter couldn't wait to point out something to USA-1's driver.
SOCHI, Russia - Julie Chu remembers watching the U.S. Olympic women's hockey team win the gold medal at the Nagano Games in 1998, when she was in high school.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Vic loves Alena. Alena loves Vic.
SOCHI, Russia - With Henrik Lundqvist in goal, Sweden never seems to be short-handed.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - This was the race Ted Ligety knew he should win.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - A decade ago, when snowboarding was still in its growth stages in Japan, Tomoka Takeuchi knew she had a decision to make.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Former U.S. snowboarder Vic Wild has won gold for Russia in the parallel giant slalom.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Patrizia Kummer of Switzerland has won gold in women's snowboarding parallel giant slalom.
SOCHI, Russia - Slovenia added another chapter to its feel-good story.
SOCHI, Russia - Roman Cervenka scored for a second time late in the second period to give the Czech Republic a four-goal lead, and it went on to beat Slovakia 5-3 on Tuesday and advance to an Olympic quarterfinal match against the United States.
SOCHI, Russia - Latvia's reward for its first Olympic victory in 12 years is a quarterfinal date with defending champion Canada.