- DOJ: South Dakota long-term care system violates federal law Updated: May-02-16 5:40 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - South Dakota's unnecessary reliance on nursing facilities to serve people with disabilities isolates those residents from their communities and violates federal law, according to the findings of a U.S. Department of Justice investigation released Monday.
- Authorities identify victims of weekend car crash near Nemo Updated: May-02-16 4:01 pm
NEMO, South Dakota - Law enforcement authorities have released the names of two men who died in a one-vehicle crash Sunday in western South Dakota.
- Daugaard orders flags at half-staff to honor Mehlhaff Updated: May-02-16 10:26 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard ordered flags to fly at half-staff at the state Capitol on Monday in honor of former state Rep. Dean Mehlhaff.
- Attorney general explains referred youth minimum wage law Updated: Apr-28-16 7:10 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Attorney General Marty Jackley has released an explanation for a law referred to voters that would carve out a $7.50 youth minimum wage.
- Man accused in trooper assault will have separate trial Updated: Apr-27-16 8:37 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A Washington state man accused of trying to kill a South Dakota Highway Patrol trooper will have his case handled separately from his three co-defendants.
- Dispute involving Schwan foundation before state high court Updated: Apr-19-16 8:20 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The South Dakota Supreme Court is scheduled to hear arguments next week in a dispute involving the charitable foundation established by the late frozen food magnate Marvin Schwan.
- Medicaid, nursing homes, meth abuse on lawmakers' study list Updated: Apr-18-16 6:04 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - State lawmakers will study South Dakota's payment formula for Medicaid providers, the regulation of the number of nursing home beds in the state and youth methamphetamine abuse ahead of the 2017 session, the Legislature's Executive Board voted Monday.
- Republican Rep. Fred Deutsch ends House re-election bid Updated: Apr-18-16 2:51 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota lawmaker who sponsored a bill that would have required transgender students to use bathrooms matching their birth gender is no longer running for re-election.
- 1 dead, 3 critically injured in head-on crash near Wall Lake Updated: Apr-16-16 11:54 am
HARTFORD, South Dakota - One man is dead and three other people are critically injured following a crash near Wall Lake in Hartford.
- Authorities identify victims of head-on crash near Tabor Updated: Apr-16-16 10:45 am
TABOR, South Dakota - Authorities have released the names of the three people who died in a two-vehicle crash in Bon Homme County.
- First school sentinel training scheduled in South Dakota Updated: Apr-12-16 12:16 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Attorney General Marty Jackley says the first School Sentinel Training Program has been scheduled in South Dakota.
- DOT officials urge safety during work zone awareness week Updated: Apr-11-16 7:11 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - State transportation officials are reminding motorists to drive safely through construction sites during National Work Zone Awareness Week.
- Attorney general to push for tough conflict-of-interest laws Updated: Apr-08-16 11:33 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Attorney General Marty Jackley plans to push for a set of measures during the next legislative session that would require state agencies to notify his office when criminal conflicts of interest appear and impose harsher penalties on people who benefit from such conflicts.
- Sioux City tickets continue despite limit on driver details Updated: Apr-07-16 5:21 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - An Iowa border city hasn't been deterred from issuing tickets to South Dakota drivers caught on speed cameras despite being blocked from accessing some driver information in a South Dakota database, Sioux City's legal department said Thursday.
- Department accepting nominations for transportation honor Updated: Apr-06-16 7:45 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The state Department of Transportation is asking for nominations of people to be inducted into the South Dakota Transportation Hall of Honor.
- Governor to speak on disability employment campaign Updated: Apr-06-16 7:06 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard is scheduled to speak at a symposium later this month about the Department of Human Services' disability employment campaign.
- Bill aims to speed up rape kit testing in South Dakota Updated: Apr-05-16 1:27 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A bill passed by South Dakota lawmakers aims to reduce the time it takes laboratories to test rape kits.
- West river GOP legislative primaries among key races in June Updated: Apr-04-16 6:43 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Two west river Republican House members are campaigning to escape term limits by challenging their GOP counterparts in the state Senate, teeing up what are likely to be two of the highest profile legislative races ahead of the June primary.
- DOT to reconstruct Highway 115 south of Dell Rapids Updated: Apr-03-16 5:29 pm
DELL RAPIDS, South Dakota - The South Dakota Department of Transportation on Monday will begin an $8.3 million project to reconstruct Highway 115 and replace a bridge over the Big Sioux River south of Dell Rapids.
- DOT to begin reconstruction of Highway 17 through Lennox Updated: Apr-02-16 6:35 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The South Dakota Department of Transportation is scheduled to begin a $3.5 million project to rebuild Highway 17 through Lennox on Monday.