- South Dakota high court bars Citibank recoup of $30M in tax Updated: Jul-30-15 3:28 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Citibank will not be able to reclaim $30 million in overpaid bank taxes to the state because it didn't request a refund until after the three-year legal window had passed, the South Dakota Supreme Court said in an opinion released on Thursday.
- Attorney general signs letter asking EPA to delay water rule Updated: Jul-30-15 11:40 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota Attorney General Marty Jackley has joined counterparts and other officials in 30 other states in asking the Environmental Protection Agency to delay implementing a new federal water rule.
- SD DOT: Pavement repairs set to begin on I-229 this week Updated: Jul-27-15 2:16 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The South Dakota Department of Transportation is starting road repairs in Sioux Falls on I-229 heading south between the Benson Road interchange and the Louise Avenue interchange.
- SD attorney general, others urge call blocking on phones Updated: Jul-22-15 2:41 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota Attorney General Marty Jackley has joined counterparts in over four dozen states in calling on major phone companies to offer call-blocking technology.
- Illinois man dies after motorcycle, semi collide in SD Updated: Jul-22-15 2:14 pm
SELBY, South Dakota - An Illinois man is dead after his motorcycle and a semi-trailer collided at the junction of U.S. Highways 12 and 83 in northern South Dakota.
- No one shows up for SD trooper recruitment seminar Updated: Jul-22-15 7:59 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - The South Dakota Highway Patrol is trying to recruit more women but no one showed up at a seminar this week.
- Bridge construction near Piedmont expected to end July 27 Updated: Jul-21-15 2:43 am
PIEDMONT, South Dakota - The South Dakota Department of Transportation is advising drivers to use a different exit to get to Piedmont because of repairs to the I-90 Exit 44 westbound bridge.
- Officials name Emery man, 74, who died in single-car crash Updated: Jul-18-15 5:47 pm
BRIDGEWATER, South Dakota - Authorities have identified an Emery man who was killed in a car crash Friday afternoon near Bridgewater.
- Daugaard urges watchfulness, care on roads for Sturgis rally Updated: Jul-16-15 5:56 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Officials in South Dakota who have spent years planning for what could be a record-setting 75th Sturgis Motorcycle Rally said Thursday they are as prepared as possible for the expected influx of bikers to the Black Hills area next month.
- Authorities: Driver killed in rollover crash near Mitchell Updated: Jul-16-15 5:49 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - Authorities say a 62-year-old man has died in a crash near Mitchell after the truck he was driving rolled over and came to rest partly underwater.
- New South Dakota Highway Patrol office opening in Rapid City Updated: Jul-11-15 10:17 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - State officials will be gathering in Rapid City next week to celebrate the opening of a new district office for the South Dakota Highway Patrol.
- Group of legislators calling for special legislative session Updated: Jul-09-15 6:59 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A group of South Dakota legislators are calling for a special legislative session to address the state's teacher shortage.
- Daugaard asks FEMA to join state in assessing storm damage Updated: Jul-09-15 6:13 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard is asking federal officials to join state and local teams as they assess the extent of the damaged caused by severe storms last month.
- ACLU: Public workers can't refuse to issue marriage licenses Updated: Jul-08-15 2:11 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - County officials have a duty to impartially administer the law and cannot refuse issuing licenses to same-sex couples if they have religious objections, the American Civil Liberties Union said Wednesday in a letter to the state attorney general.
- Rep. Steve Hickey resigns from SD House to study in Scotland Updated: Jul-07-15 1:08 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Republican state Rep. Steve Hickey is resigning his seat in the South Dakota House to move to Scotland and study Christian ethics in the modern world and the surveillance state.
- SD Highway Patrol offering $3K bonus to some who join force Updated: Jul-06-15 4:19 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The South Dakota Highway Patrol is offering a $3,000 bonus to current certified law enforcement officers who choose to become troopers.
- Driver dies in rollover crash in southeast South Dakota Updated: Jul-06-15 5:28 am
LENNOX, South Dakota - Authorities say a 62-year-old man has died in a one-vehicle rollover crash in southeastern South Dakota that also seriously injured a passenger.
- Jackley, other AGs send religious liberty letter to Congress Updated: Jul-03-15 6:06 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - As same-sex couples begin to marry in South Dakota, Attorney General Marty Jackley wants to make sure the religious liberties of citizens who object to gay marriages are protected, the state's top law enforcement official said.
- AG: Employees can have someone else issue marriage license Updated: Jul-02-15 2:17 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Attorney General Marty Jackley says if a county employee in South Dakota has religious objections to gay marriage they can have another employee issue a marriage license to a same-sex couple.