- Spain views cup draw with unease, excitement Updated: Dec-06-13 5:52 pm
- What they said about the World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:34 pm
- World Cup draw: the strong, the weak, the lucky Updated: Dec-06-13 4:53 pm
- France, Portugal reach World Cup Updated: Nov-20-13 11:37 am
- Brazil tops Chile 2-1 in friendly Updated: Nov-20-13 12:13 am
- Mertesacker heads Germany to 1-0 win over England Updated: Nov-19-13 6:27 pm
- Sanchez gives Chile 2-0 win against England Updated: Nov-15-13 5:57 pm
- England forced to change training bases Updated: Nov-12-13 5:59 am
- Injured Marcelo dropped from Brazil squad Updated: Nov-08-13 3:29 pm
- Hodgson calls up 3 from high-flying Southampton Updated: Nov-07-13 7:09 pm
MADRID - Spain doesn't know what to make of its World Cup draw. Some are confident, while others are fearful.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Coaches and players were quick to react to Friday's World Cup draw. The following is a selection.
Who wound up in difficult groups and who got away easy from Friday's World Cup draw (average world ranking for four teams in parentheses):
Cristiano Ronaldo scored a dazzling hat trick to lift Portugal into next year's World Cup at the expense of Zlatan Ibrahimovic's Sweden, and France came back in remarkable fashion to overtake Ukraine for a berth in the 32-nation field for next year's tournament in Brazil.
TORONTO - Hulk and Robinho scored to lift Brazil to a 2-1 victory over Chile in a soccer friendly Tuesday, a game that was both part of World Cup preparations and a spirited match between two South American teams.
LONDON - Per Mertesacker's header gave Germany a 1-0 victory over England on Tuesday, sending its fierce rival to back-to-back home losses for the first time in 36 years.
LONDON - Chile showed its World Cup credentials on Friday as Alexis Sanchez's double ended England's 10-match unbeaten run with a 2-0 victory in a friendly.
BURTON-UPON-TRENT, England - England's preparations for its friendly against Chile on Friday have been disrupted after the squad was forced to switch training bases because of a "suspected stomach virus" at its National Football Centre.
SAO PAULO - The Brazilian football federation says injured Real Madrid left back Marcelo has been dropped from Brazil's team for the friendlies against Honduras and Chile this month.
LONDON - England coach Roy Hodgson has recognized Southampton's strong start to the season by calling up three players from the south-coast club for friendlies, including two who have never played for their country.