- Remains of 21 people found near barracks in Mali Updated: Dec-04-13 10:37 am
- Amnesty calls for release of Mali child soldiers Updated: Nov-30-13 7:28 am
- Army and demonstrators clash in northern Mali Updated: Nov-28-13 9:43 am
- Mali's coup leader arrested Updated: Nov-27-13 12:58 pm
- Embassy: French adviser shot in Malian capital Updated: Nov-22-13 11:21 am
- Explosion wounds 3 French soldiers in north Mali Updated: Nov-20-13 6:26 am
- Dozens of Mali rebels seen arriving in Kidal Updated: Nov-15-13 3:07 pm
- France says Nigerian militants trained in Mali Updated: Nov-14-13 11:37 am
- Security fears escalate in troubled N. Mali town Updated: Nov-13-13 11:46 am
- Suspect in Mali journalists killing did jail time Updated: Nov-07-13 12:31 pm
BAMAKO, Mali - A mass grave containing 21 skulls has been discovered near the Kati military barracks, formerly the fief of the country's military strongman, Mali's chief prosecutor announced Wednesday.
DAKAR, Senegal - Amnesty International is calling on the Malian government to release five adolescents held by the military for up to seven months. An Amnesty delegation met the five teenagers, aged between 15 and 17, at a military camp in Mali's capital.
BAMAKO, Mali - Malian soldiers opened fire on demonstrators in the troubled northern city of Kidal on Thursday, residents said, injuring five people in an altercation that highlighted tensions over the country's new government.
BAMAKO, Mali - The military strongman who led last year's military coup in Mali was arrested Wednesday and charged with kidnapping, hours after he was forcibly escorted from his home in the capital by soldiers.
DOUENTZA, Mali - A French military adviser came under fire from a gunman waiting outside his house Friday in a rare attack on foreigners in the Malian capital, officials said.
KIDAL, Mali - The French military says at least three soldiers have been wounded in northern Mali after an explosion went off near an entrance to the volatile town of Kidal.
BAMAKO, Mali - Dozens of Tuareg rebels have returned to the troubled north Malian town of Kidal, prompting concerns about further unrest, residents said Friday.
RABAT, Morocco - Boko Haram, the Nigerian group recently labeled by the U.S. as a terrorist organization, trained with al-Qaida's North African branch in northern Mali, France's foreign minister said Thursday, citing documentary evidence.
BAMAKO, Mali - About 40 residents of the troubled northern Mali town of Kidal on Wednesday protested the plan for Tuareg rebels to hand back to the government control of an administrative building and a radio station.
DAKAR, Senegal - The man who authorities have identified as the lead suspect in the recent kidnapping and murder of two French radio journalists in Mali has had previous run-ins with the law, officials said Thursday.