- Lyons, Cardinals fall 7-4 to Cubs in Game 1 of day-night DH Updated: Jul-07-15 6:32 pm
CHICAGO - Tyler Lyons hung in even as he struggled with his control. He could have used a little more support, though.
- Arrieta, Rizzo lead Cubs over Cards in doubleheader opener Updated: Jul-07-15 6:14 pm
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta figured he had a chance to make the NL All-Star team, the way he is pitching. He also realized the competition for a spot was stiff.
- Cubs recall Beeler to start second game against Cardinals Updated: Jul-07-15 1:03 pm
- Cubs squander strong performance from Lester in 6-0 loss Updated: Jul-07-15 1:44 am
- Cubs LHP Jon Lester loses no-hit bid in 7th against Cards Updated: Jul-06-15 10:14 pm
CHICAGO - Cubs pitcher Jon Lester lost his no-hit bid against the St. Louis Cardinals when Jhonny Peralta singled with one out in the seventh inning Monday night.
- Cubs pitcher Jon Lester gets 1st career hit in 67th at-bat Updated: Jul-06-15 9:41 pm
CHICAGO - Cubs pitcher Jon Lester has singled for his first major league hit after 66 fruitless at-bats - plus five more in the World Series.
- Famous Chicago hot dogs making comeback at Wrigley Updated: Jul-06-15 4:05 am
CHICAGO - One of Chicago's favorite hot dog stands may be closed, but its hot dogs are making a comeback at Wrigley Field.
- Marlins offense quiet in 2-0 loss to Cubs Updated: Jul-05-15 7:45 pm
CHICAGO - The frustration is mounting for the Miami Marlins.
- Coghlan, Hendricks lead Cubs to 2-0 win over Marlins Updated: Jul-05-15 7:04 pm
CHICAGO - Manager Joe Maddon is not concerned about the Cubs' lack of offense - as long as they're still winning.
- Marlins activate Morse from 15-day DL Updated: Jul-05-15 2:35 pm
- Cubs activate Soler from 15-day DL, send Szczur to Triple-A Updated: Jul-05-15 1:53 pm
- Herrera's bunt, blast leads Cubs over feeble Mets for sweep Updated: Jul-02-15 5:19 pm
NEW YORK - By the time Jonathan Herrera and Miguel Montero homered, the Chicago Cubs didn't really need the extra runs.
- Quintana paces White Sox to 7-1 win over Cardinals Updated: Jul-02-15 2:57 am
- Trying to make hitting skid disappear, Maddon hires magician Updated: Jun-30-15 7:57 pm
NEW YORK - Hoping to make a hitting slump disappear, Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon tried a trick.
- MacPhail joins Phillies, will be president after season Updated: Jun-29-15 4:30 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Andy MacPhail is the new man in charge of the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Martinez paces Cardinals to 4-1 win, sweep of Cubs Updated: Jun-29-15 2:05 am
ST. LOUIS - Every five or 10 minutes while the game was on hold, Carlos Martinez went to the indoor batting cage to stay loose.
- Cubs rookie 3B Bryant back in lineup Updated: Jun-26-15 7:38 pm
ST. LOUIS - Chicago Cubs rookie third baseman Kris Bryant returned to the starting lineup for Friday's game at St. Louis, a day after experiencing flu-like symptoms.
- Lester chased after 4 innings as Cubs lose to Dodgers 4-0 Updated: Jun-25-15 7:53 pm
CHICAGO - Jon Lester's first season with the Chicago Cubs is not going as planned.
- Cubs' Russell making transition from shortstop to second Updated: Jun-25-15 6:33 pm
CHICAGO - Addison Russell started on the bag, then then moved behind the base and finally ended up in front for a couple more throws. Then it was his turn to feed Starlin Castro, and he gracefully fielded each grounder before making an assortment of flips to the shortstop coming across second.
- Maddon: Review umps should be replaced by 'bunch of nerds' Updated: Jun-25-15 2:09 pm
CHICAGO - Cubs manager Joe Maddon think baseball's video review umpires should be replaced by "a bunch of nerds."
- Dodgers OF Puig scratched due to callous on left hand Updated: Jun-24-15 8:42 pm
CHICAGO - Los Angeles Dodgers slugger Yasiel Puig has been scratched because of an open callous on his left hand.
- Fan makes great catch over tarp while holding baby Updated: Jun-24-15 12:00 pm
CHICAGO - Two of the National League's best teams faced off at Wrigley Field on Tuesday night, and a fan sitting in the front row stole the show.
- Cubs CF Dexter Fowler out of lineup with ankle injury Updated: Jun-23-15 8:15 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago Cubs center fielder Dexter Fowler is out of the starting lineup Tuesday against the Los Angeles Dodgers because of a sprained left ankle.
- Maddon, Friedman catch up before Cubs host Dodgers Updated: Jun-23-15 1:11 am
CHICAGO - A year ago, Joe Maddon and Andrew Friedman were in the middle of a miserable start for the Tampa Bay Rays. Fast forward to Monday night, and Maddon and Friedman were catching up in foul territory at Wrigley Field, and the Rays were in Florida.
- Cubs LHP Tsuyoshi Wada leaves game with cramping in arm Updated: Jun-23-15 1:03 am
CHICAGO - Cubs left-hander Tsuyoshi Wada was removed from his start against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Monday night with cramping in the back of his left arm.