- Cubs fall short in 2-1 loss to Nationals Updated: May-25-15 7:32 pm
CHICAGO - The Cubs played good enough to win. The first-place Washington Nationals just played and pitched a bit better.
- Roark, Ramos lead Nationals past Cubs 2-1 Updated: May-25-15 7:20 pm
CHICAGO - Tanner Roark made a successful return to Washington's rotation on Monday. It was like he never left.
- Goldschmidt homers, D-Backs beat Cubs 4-3 to take series Updated: May-24-15 8:08 pm
PHOENIX - Trying to get Paul Goldschmidt to talk about himself is a futile exercise.
- Cubs owner purchases Wrigley rooftop buildings Updated: May-22-15 5:43 pm
CHICAGO - Cook County property tax records show that an entity controlled by the owner of the Chicago Cubs has purchased three more rooftop buildings next to Wrigley Field.
- Hendricks' 5-hitter, Bryant's 2-run homer carry Cubs, 3-0 Updated: May-22-15 12:39 am
SAN DIEGO - Kyle Hendricks hadn't thrown a complete game or shutout in his two-year big league career. He didn't have a win yet this year.
- Arizona completes 4-game sweep of Marlins 7-6 Updated: May-21-15 7:54 pm
- No cheap seats anymore for Cubs rookie slugger Kris Bryant Updated: May-19-15 10:44 pm
SAN DIEGO - Two years ago, Kris Bryant would sit in the nosebleed seats on College Night at Petco Park.
- Seattle sends Yoervis Medina to Cubs for Welington Castillo Updated: May-19-15 5:45 pm
- Cubs LHP Wood ready to help team in bullpen role Updated: May-17-15 7:26 pm
CHICAGO - The ball from Travis Wood's first career save was thrown into the stands at Wrigley Field, and the veteran left-hander insisted it was no big deal.
- Pirates stop 4-game slide with 3-0 win over Cubs Updated: May-17-15 7:02 pm
CHICAGO - The Pittsburgh Pirates needed another strong outing from their most consistent starter, and A.J. Burnett stepped up again.
- Cubs 3B Bryant pulled after 4 innings due to illness Updated: May-17-15 4:00 pm
- Cubs recall righty reliever Schlitter from Triple-A Iowa Updated: May-16-15 4:08 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs bolstered their depleted bullpen before Saturday's game against Pittsburgh, recalling right-hander Brian Schlitter from Triple-A Iowa.
- This Date in Baseball Updated: May-16-15 10:11 am
- Cubs rally for 6-5 win, 4-game sweep of Mets Updated: May-14-15 6:56 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs believe that no deficit is too big for them to overcome. They're starting to back up that belief with their play on the field.
- All eyes on the Phillies leading up to July's trade deadline Updated: May-14-15 2:23 am
- Wrigley Field opens part of iconic bleachers to fans Updated: May-11-15 8:23 pm
CHICAGO - No more silent nights in the outfield at Wrigley Field. The bleachers are open again.
- Maldonado's single in 11th lifts Brewers over Cubs Updated: May-10-15 6:56 pm
MILWAUKEE - Martin Maldonado gave his mother a day to remember.
- Colon 1st in majors to 6 wins, Mets beat Phillies 7-4 Updated: May-10-15 6:50 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Bartolo Colon is getting better with age.
- Chicago Cubs ready for bleacher bums Updated: May-08-15 3:56 pm
CHICAGO - Wrigley Field is ready for the bleacher bums.
- Lackey drives in run to lead Cardinals over Cubs 5-1 Updated: May-07-15 5:38 pm
ST. LOUIS - John Lackey gave the St. Louis Cardinals bullpen a much needed break. He made his own breaks, too.
- Cubs manager Maddon ejected for arguing with plate umpire Updated: May-06-15 10:17 pm
- Cubs activate pitcher Justin Grimm from DL Updated: May-06-15 5:11 pm
- Cardinals recall Lyons to start, option Tuivailala Updated: May-05-15 3:14 pm
- Ramirez homers, drives in 3 to lead Brewers over Cubs 5-3 Updated: May-03-15 10:44 pm
CHICAGO - The Milwaukee Brewers needed a team-record 25 games to get their first consecutive wins of a season. And hours after they did it, the Brewers fired manager Ron Roenicke.
- Baseball now officially on the clock with pace-of-play rules Updated: May-02-15 12:16 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - The reality of baseball's new pace-of-play rules hit the Oklahoma City Dodgers' Matt Carson in the top of the sixth inning Friday night when he was down 0-1 in the count before he even saw a pitch.