- Pirates blanked by Arrietta, 2 others, Cubs win 5-0 Updated: Aug-05-15 12:06 am
PITTSBURGH - J.A. Happ gave up seven runs in his last start with the Seattle Mariners on Thursday, which further endangered his spot in the rotation. He remains a starter, but not with Seattle.
- Arrieta, Rizzo leads Cubs over Pirates 5-0 Updated: Aug-04-15 11:46 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Chicago Cubs, who start four rookies most days, haven't been in a pennant race since 2008.
- Cubs activate LHP Wada from DL, send him to minors Updated: Aug-04-15 8:18 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Chicago Cubs activated left-hander Tsuyoshi Wada from the 15-day disabled list Tuesday and optioned him to Triple-A Iowa.
- Cubs, Pirates postponed after 2 long rain delays Updated: Aug-04-15 1:44 am
PITTSBURGH - A day after needing to leave early because of dizziness, Kris Bryant returned to the Chicago Cubs' lineup.
- Cubs, Pirates postponed after 2 long rain delays Updated: Aug-04-15 1:18 am
PITTSBURGH - A.J. Burnett didn't get good news Monday after having an MRI on his ailing elbow. Yet the Pittsburgh right-hander knew it could have been worse.
- Bryant returns to Cubs' lineup Updated: Aug-03-15 10:20 pm
PITTSBURGH - Rookie third baseman Kris Bryant was back in the Chicago Cubs' lineup on Monday night against the Pittsburgh Pirates, a day after leaving a win at Milwaukee when he felt woozy following a headfirst slide into second base.
- Cubs beat Brewers 4-3 to finish 4-game sweep; Bryant hurt Updated: Aug-02-15 9:08 pm
MILWAUKEE - Kris Bryant left the game feeling a little woozy. Hector Rondon nearly squandered a three-run lead in the ninth inning. Joe Maddon got ejected.
- Brewers' bats scuffle, Lohse struggles in 4-3 loss to Cubs Updated: Aug-02-15 7:47 pm
MILWAUKEE - Scoring runs was an issue for the Milwaukee Brewers even before trade deadline deals left them turning to backups to fill huge holes in the lineup.
- Cardinals' Moss helps new team win with game-ending single Updated: Aug-02-15 7:14 pm
ST. LOUIS - Brandon Moss felt as if he got a new baseball life after he was traded to the St. Louis Cardinals on Thursday.
- Take me out to the rooftop: Wrigley changes bring new looks Updated: Aug-01-15 9:20 pm
CHICAGO - Top of the first, one out. It's a Friday in July, the start of a holiday weekend, and the Chicago Cubs are hosting the Miami Marlins.
- Haren dealt by Marlins to Cubs for 2 minor leaguers Updated: Aug-01-15 10:38 am
- Brewers trade veterans, begin build for future Updated: Aug-01-15 2:15 am
MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Brewers didn't turn the page on the 2015 season. They slammed the book shut.
- Cubs acquire reliever Hunter from Orioles for Lake Updated: Jul-31-15 5:24 pm
- The Latest: Cespedes, Haren, Revere traded at MLB's deadline Updated: Jul-31-15 5:04 pm
NEW YORK - Here are the latest developments as Major League Baseball hits a deadline Friday for trades where players do not first have to pass through waivers (all times Eastern):
- With baseball's 2nd-worst record, a lost season for Marlins Updated: Jul-31-15 4:27 pm
MIAMI - Ace right-hander Jose Fernandez is unbeaten and perhaps stronger than ever after recovering from elbow surgery. Giancarlo Stanton remains one of baseball's top power hitters. Dee Gordon is among the game's leaders in batting average and stolen bases. Adeiny Hechavarria has become an All-Star shortstop.
- Lester strikes out 14 to lead Cubs over Rockies 3-2 Updated: Jul-29-15 6:46 pm
CHICAGO - Jon Lester said he wasn't counting his K's, but he sure dominated like a big-time, big-money starter.
- Jose Reyes makes Rockies debut against Cubs Updated: Jul-29-15 2:55 pm
- Bautista, Travis hurt as Blue Jays lose to Phillies 3-2 Updated: Jul-28-15 11:21 pm
TORONTO - The Blue Jays lost another close game and watched two players leave with injuries Tuesday night.
- Cubs release RHP Edwin Jackson Updated: Jul-27-15 8:41 pm
CHICAGO - The Cubs released right-hander Edwin Jackson on Monday, one week after he was designated for assignment.
- Phillies beat Cubs 11-5 for series sweep Updated: Jul-26-15 7:33 pm
CHICAGO - All of a sudden, the major league-worst Philadelphia Phillies don't look so awful.
- Phillies' Hamels pitching no-hitter thru 8 innings vs Cubs Updated: Jul-25-15 6:32 pm
- Foul-ball injury highlights delicate stadium safety balance Updated: Jul-24-15 10:53 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - For many years, the conventional wisdom goes, anyone who has filed through the turnstiles of a professional baseball stadium and sat down to take in a game on a warm summer night has also risked being hit by a foul ball or the airborne splinters of a broken bat.
- MLB: Cubs rookie Kris Bryant No. 2 in overall jersey sales Updated: Jul-23-15 2:48 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs are playing better baseball these days and it's showing up in merchandise sales.
- Teagarden's hit leads Cubs to 6-5 win over Reds and DH split Updated: Jul-22-15 10:54 pm
CINCINNATI - Down by five runs early, the Chicago Cubs managed to pull one out in a most improbable way: A .154 hitter getting a single off a 101 mph pitch.
- C Kyle Schwarber in Cubs lineup, back home at GABP Updated: Jul-20-15 7:15 pm
CINCINNATI - Catcher Kyle Schwarber was back home, batting second for the Chicago Cubs in the ballpark where he always dreamed of playing. It has been a good place for him so far.