- Nationals shut down by Hendricks in 5-2 loss to Cubs Updated: May-06-16 12:51 am
CHICAGO - Bryce Harper was pitched very carefully. The rest of Washington's lineup was unable to pick up the slack.
- Hendricks, Zobrist lead Cubs past Nationals 5-2 Updated: May-06-16 12:29 am
CHICAGO - Ben Zobrist had a piece of confetti stuck to his back as he stood in front of his locker, and there were a few more in the hallway outside of the lavish home clubhouse.
- Reds beat Brewers 9-5 despite bullpen extending bad streak Updated: May-05-16 11:04 pm
CINCINNATI - Alfredo Simon knew the best thing he could do for Cincinnati's historically bad bullpen was to stay in the game a long time. He accomplished his goal, but the relievers still had trouble.
- Anderson struggles again as Brewers fall to Reds 9-5 Updated: May-05-16 10:41 pm
CINCINNATI - Chase Anderson was trying to get ground balls. Instead, he wound up turning and looking toward the walls a lot, setting up another long night for the Brewers.
- Cubs OF Heyward replaces Fowler after ejection Updated: May-05-16 9:38 pm
CHICAGO - Jason Heyward wanted to get back on the field as soon as possible. When Dexter Fowler got ejected Thursday night, he got his wish.
- Commissioner: Decision imminent on MLB games in Puerto Rico Updated: May-05-16 7:53 pm
- Eickhoff, Phillies blanked by Cards, lose 3 of 4 in St Louis Updated: May-05-16 7:16 pm
ST. LOUIS - Phillies starter Jerad Eickhoff got an early jolt. Once he recovered, he stuck around for a while.
- Garcia goes 7, Moss hits long HR as Cardinals blank Phillies Updated: May-05-16 6:21 pm
ST. LOUIS - Jaime Garcia watched in wonder as teammate Brandon Moss launched a moonshot at Busch Stadium.
- Cardinals 1B Adams exits with bruised knee after collision Updated: May-05-16 3:26 pm
ST. LOUIS - Cardinals first baseman Matt Adams has bruised his left knee and exited Thursday's game at St Louis.
- Angels rally off Brewers' bullpen for 7-3 to avoid sweep Updated: May-04-16 7:00 pm
- Trout triples and homers, Angels beat Brewers 7-3 Updated: May-04-16 6:43 pm
MILWAUKEE - The curveball hung over the plate, an enticing pitch that Mike Trout quickly turned into a rally-starting solo home run in the eighth inning.
- Pirates lose 6-2 to Cubs, get swept in 3-game series Updated: May-04-16 6:14 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pirates manager Clint Hurdle was succinct with his assessment after getting swept by the Chicago Cubs.
- Zobrist, Rizzo homer as Cubs top Pirates 6-2 for sweep Updated: May-04-16 5:28 pm
- Reds hit 4 homers in 7-4 win over Giants, avoiding sweep Updated: May-04-16 4:41 pm
CINCINNATI - Two days off did not slow down Zack Cozart.
- Angels squander early four-run lead, fall 5-4 to Brewers Updated: May-04-16 12:45 am
MILWAUKEE - Nick Tropeano left his off-speed pitches up in the zone, making for tempting targets for the Milwaukee Brewers' best hitters.
- Nola leads Phillies to 1-0 win over Cardinals Updated: May-04-16 12:18 am
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis manager Mike Matheny could not have asked for anything more from right-hander Michael Wacha in the Cardinals' 1-0 loss to Philadelphia on Tuesday night.
- Reds' bullpen sets major league record in 3-1 loss to Giants Updated: May-03-16 11:19 pm
CINCINNATI - When it comes to giving up runs game after game, nobody in major league history has been as bad as these Reds relievers.
- AP source: Games in PR likely to be moved because of Zika Updated: May-03-16 6:35 pm
MIAMI - There's a very good chance the Miami Marlins' two-game series against the Pittsburgh Pirates in Puerto Rico will not be held there because of concerns about the Zika virus, a person familiar with the situation said Tuesday.
- Reds activate Lamb to start in place of Moscot vs Giants Updated: May-03-16 5:41 pm
CINCINNATI - The Reds activated left-hander John Lamb off the disabled list on Tuesday to start the second game of a series against the San Francisco Giants, the latest rotation move prompted by injury.
- Giants call up Mac Williamson with Angel Pagan injured Updated: May-02-16 7:01 pm
- Miami's 7-game win streak snapped with 14-5 loss to Brewers Updated: May-01-16 8:08 pm
MILWAUKEE - Tom Koehler felt humiliated after getting shelled by the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Short-handed Braves rally in 10th to knock off Cubs, 4-3 Updated: May-01-16 7:27 pm
CHICAGO - Joe Maddon liked how his major league-leading Chicago Cubs rallied yet again. Yet one mistake stood out.
- Schebler, Reds end 6-game skid, beat Pirates in 11th Updated: May-01-16 7:24 pm
PITTSBURGH - Scott Schebler's first turn at deciding the game didn't stick. So he did it again.
- Brewers beat Miami 14-5 to snap Marlins' 7-game win streak Updated: May-01-16 7:13 pm
MILWAUKEE - When Chris Carter gets in a slump, he tries to forget about the past.
- Short-handed Braves rally in 10th to knock off Cubs 4-3 Updated: May-01-16 7:06 pm
CHICAGO - A gaffe by the front office left the Atlanta Braves a player short. The bullpen blew a lead and Julio Teheran's great outing was seemingly wasted.