- Take me out to the rooftop: Wrigley changes bring new looks Updated: Aug-01-15 3:14 am
CHICAGO - Top of the first, one out. It's a Friday in July, the start of a holiday weekend, and the Chicago Cubs are hosting the Miami Marlins.
- Brewers trade veterans, begin build for future Updated: Aug-01-15 2:15 am
MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Brewers didn't turn the page on the 2015 season. They slammed the book shut.
- Hammel, Rizzo lead Cubs past Brewers 4-1 Updated: Aug-01-15 1:13 am
MILWAUKEE - Jason Hammel loves facing the Milwaukee Brewers, especially at Miller Park.
- Rockies manage just 6 hits in 7-0 loss to Cardinals Updated: Aug-01-15 12:56 am
ST. LOUIS - Carlos Gonzalez is still a member of the Colorado Rockies. And he couldn't be happier.
- Carpenter homers again as Cardinals beat Rockies 7-0 Updated: Aug-01-15 12:42 am
ST. LOUIS - A few minor adjustments here and there. That was all it took for Michael Wacha to get back on track.
- Reds can't break through in 9th, lose to Pirates 5-4 Updated: Jul-31-15 11:36 pm
CINCINNATI - Starling Marte threw out Brandon Phillips at the plate for the second out in the ninth. Then he made a diving catch to end it.
- McCutchen homers, Pirates' bullpen holds a 5-4 win over Reds Updated: Jul-31-15 11:27 pm
CINCINNATI - With a perfect throw and a jarring dive, left fielder Starling Marte saved the Pirates' rebuilt bullpen.
- Leake will make his Giants' debut Sunday at Texas Updated: Jul-31-15 9:37 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Mike Leake is replacing Tim Hudson in San Francisco's rotation, and the newly acquired right-hander will make his Giants' debut in their series finale Sunday at Texas.
- Cardinals get reliever Jonathan Broxton from Brewers Updated: Jul-31-15 8:44 pm
- Pirates acquire starter Happ, 1B Morse in trades Updated: Jul-31-15 8:08 pm
CINCINNATI - The Pittsburgh Pirates didn't enter the final 24 hours before the trade deadline looking for a starting pitcher. The state of A.J. Burnett's elbow quickly made them change their mind.
- Cubs acquire reliever Hunter from Orioles for Lake Updated: Jul-31-15 5:24 pm
- The Latest: Cespedes, Haren, Revere traded at MLB's deadline Updated: Jul-31-15 5:04 pm
NEW YORK - Here are the latest developments as Major League Baseball hits a deadline Friday for trades where players do not first have to pass through waivers (all times Eastern):
- Haren dealt by Marlins to Cubs for 2 minor leaguers Updated: Jul-31-15 4:28 pm
- With baseball's 2nd-worst record, a lost season for Marlins Updated: Jul-31-15 4:27 pm
MIAMI - Ace right-hander Jose Fernandez is unbeaten and perhaps stronger than ever after recovering from elbow surgery. Giancarlo Stanton remains one of baseball's top power hitters. Dee Gordon is among the game's leaders in batting average and stolen bases. Adeiny Hechavarria has become an All-Star shortstop.
- Orioles get Parra from Brewers for minor leaguer Updated: Jul-31-15 1:39 pm
BALTIMORE - The Orioles filled one of their most pressing needs Friday by obtaining left fielder Gerardo Parra from the Milwaukee Brewers for a minor league right-hander Zach Davies.
- Astros, Blue Jays add pieces in trades to make playoff push Updated: Jul-31-15 12:10 pm
- Giants get RH Mike Leake from Reds for another playoff run Updated: Jul-31-15 1:57 am
CINCINNATI - After whiffing on Cole Hamels, the San Francisco Giants got starter Mike Leake from the Cincinnati Reds for a pair of prospects on Thursday night.
- Brewers lose 5-2 to Cubs Updated: Jul-31-15 1:51 am
MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Brewers lost two key players in a trade right before the game, and almost got the win anyway.
- Burnett hit hard, Reds pull away to 15-5 win over Pirates Updated: Jul-30-15 11:38 pm
CINCINNATI - Manager Clint Hurdle needed some time to figure out how to respond to this one.
- Gomez traded to Astros after Mets deal falls through Updated: Jul-30-15 9:57 pm
HOUSTON - The Astros have added another bat to their lineup as they make a push for the postseason, acquiring two-time All-Star outfielder Carlos Gomez from the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Pirates get reliever Soria from Tigers for minor leaguer Updated: Jul-30-15 8:26 pm
- Indians trade outfielder Moss to Cardinals for pitcher Updated: Jul-30-15 6:29 pm
CLEVELAND - Brandon Moss was sorry to see close friend David Murphy traded earlier this week by the Indians.
- Holliday goes back on 15-day DL with right quadriceps strain Updated: Jul-30-15 6:17 pm
ST. LOUIS - Matt Holliday is back on the disabled list.
- Pirates designate Worley to make room for reliever Blanton Updated: Jul-30-15 5:29 pm
CINCINNATI - Vance Worley was excited when he found out that former teammate Joe Blanton would be joining the Pittsburgh Pirates' bullpen. He was surprised at what came next.
- Reds call up lefty David Holmberg to start vs Pirates Updated: Jul-30-15 4:43 pm
CINCINNATI - The Reds recalled left-hander David Holmberg from the minor leagues to start against the Pittsburgh Pirates on Thursday, taking Johnny Cueto's spot. Cincinnati traded its 20-game winner to Kansas City on Sunday.