- Craig Counsell hired as Brewers manager after poor start Updated: May-04-15 11:12 pm
MILWAUKEE - Craig Counsell enjoyed a solid but unspectacular major league career, hitting .255 over 16 seasons. He is confident he will have more success as a manager.
- Brewers win in Counsell's debut, 4-3 over Dodgers Updated: May-04-15 10:44 pm
- Counsell replaces Roenicke with Brewers after 7-18 start Updated: May-04-15 12:33 pm
MILWAUKEE - Former Milwaukee infielder Craig Counsell was hired Monday to manage the Brewers, about 12 hours after the team fired Ron Roenicke.
- Cubs' offense fizzles in 5-3 loss to Brewers Updated: May-03-15 10:47 pm
CHICAGO - The Milwaukee Brewers had not won consecutive games this season. Then they came to Wrigley Field.
- Ramirez homers, drives in 3 to lead Brewers over Cubs 5-3 Updated: May-03-15 10:44 pm
CHICAGO - The Milwaukee Brewers needed a team-record 25 games to get their first consecutive wins of a season. And hours after they did it, the Brewers fired manager Ron Roenicke.
- Alvarez homers, but Pirates lose 3-2 in 14 to Cardinals Updated: May-03-15 8:36 pm
- Cardinals win in extras again, beat Pirates 3-2 in 14 Updated: May-03-15 8:09 pm
ST. LOUIS - Kolten Wong went up there hacking. Starting a rally wouldn't satisfy.
- Cueto hit hard early, Reds fall to Braves for 4-game split Updated: May-03-15 6:12 pm
- Teheran sharp for 6 innings, Braves beat Cueto, Reds Updated: May-03-15 6:03 pm
ATLANTA - A memorable afternoon for Kelly Johnson almost didn't happen.
- Segura leaves game after getting hit on helmet by pitch Updated: May-03-15 5:06 pm
- Cubs claim pitcher off waivers Updated: May-03-15 3:09 pm
- Cardinals' Jordan Walden goes on 15-day disabled list Updated: May-03-15 1:18 pm
- Back-to-back wins elusive for Braves, lose 8-4 to Reds Updated: May-02-15 11:21 pm
ATLANTA - The Braves lost a chance for rare back-to-back victories, and A.J. Pierzynski lost a season-long hitting streak.
- Cincinnati searches for locations for open-alcohol districts Updated: May-02-15 2:59 pm
CINCINNATI - The city of Cincinnati wants suggestions on the best places to establish outdoor refreshment districts, where people can walk around outside with open containers of alcohol.
- Brewers activate Carlos Gomez from disabled list Updated: May-02-15 1:38 pm
- Baseball now officially on the clock with pace-of-play rules Updated: May-02-15 12:16 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - The reality of baseball's new pace-of-play rules hit the Oklahoma City Dodgers' Matt Carson in the top of the sixth inning Friday night when he was down 0-1 in the count before he even saw a pitch.
- Peralta still seeking 1st win after 1-0 loss to Cubs Updated: May-01-15 7:13 pm
CHICAGO - Wily Peralta feels like he's getting close.
- Reds' Homer Bailey will have elbow surgery, out for season Updated: May-01-15 5:20 pm
CINCINNATI - Reds starter Homer Bailey will have surgery on his pitching elbow and miss the rest of the season, a significant setback to Cincinnati's struggling staff.
- Manfred: Recent injuries to pitchers don't change DH view Updated: May-01-15 2:53 pm
CHICAGO - Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred said Friday that the recent instances of pitchers injuring themselves while batting haven't changed his opinion that the sport benefits from the two leagues playing under different rules.
- Carpenter, Adams lead Cardinals over Phillies 9-3 Updated: Apr-30-15 6:30 pm
ST. LOUIS - Dropping Matt Carpenter to second in the batting order is working for the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Wainwright has surgery to repair torn Achillies tendon Updated: Apr-30-15 5:30 pm
ST. LOUIS - Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright has had surgery to repair a torn left Achilles tendon, an injury that will sideline him for the rest of the season.
- Cooney brought up by Cardinals to make big league debut Updated: Apr-30-15 1:02 pm
ST. LOUIS - Left-hander Tim Cooney has been brought up from the minor leagues by the St. Louis Cardinals to start against Philadelphia in his major league debut.
- Ernie Banks' wife: Caregiver hasn't given all estate details Updated: Apr-30-15 12:03 pm
CHICAGO - The attorney for Ernie Banks' wife says the late Chicago Cubs great's longtime caretaker hasn't turned over all pertinent financial information about his estate.
- Ohio mayor wants to build All-Star Game spirit Updated: Apr-30-15 3:14 am
CINCINNATI - Cincinnati's mayor wants to see red every Friday.
- McCutchen reaches milestone as Pirates top Cubs 8-1 Updated: Apr-30-15 12:56 am
CHICAGO - Andrew McCutchen reached the 1,000-hit plateau Wednesday night, which was a big deal to nearly everyone in the Pittsburgh Pirates' clubhouse - except McCutchen.