- Tommy Hunter agrees to 1-year contract with Indians Updated: Feb-12-16 6:43 pm
CLEVELAND - Pitcher Tommy Hunter and the Cleveland Indians have agreed to a one-year contract.
- Cubs claim reliever Riefenhauser off waivers from Orioles Updated: Feb-12-16 5:17 pm
- Over and out: Some MLB teams open with little playoff shot Updated: Feb-12-16 3:57 pm
Spring training is a time for optimism, when players bask under the warm sun of Florida and Arizona while fans dream about their team reaching the bright lights of October.
- Eric O'Flaherty agrees to minor league contract with Pirates Updated: Feb-12-16 12:52 pm
PITTSBURGH - Left-hander Eric O'Flaherty has agreed to a minor league contract with the Pittsburgh Pirates and will report to major league spring training.
- Pirates sign pitcher Cory Luebke to minor-league deal Updated: Feb-11-16 6:06 pm
- Longtime Reds clubhouse manager Bernie Stowe dies at age 80 Updated: Feb-09-16 8:51 pm
CINCINNATI - Bernie Stowe, who started working as one of the Cincinnati Reds' clubhouse attendants in 1947, died on Tuesday. He was 80 years old.
- Brewers pack up truck to prepare for spring training Updated: Feb-09-16 6:01 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Brewers have packed up a moving truck to get ready for spring training.
- RHP Mat Latos agrees to $3M, 1-year deal with White Sox Updated: Feb-09-16 4:45 pm
CHICAGO - Mat Latos agreed Tuesday to a $3 million, one-year contract with the Chicago White Sox, giving manager Robin Ventura another option for the back end of his rotation.
- Arrieta, Cubs agree at $10.7M, AP source says Updated: Feb-06-16 12:42 am
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta and the Chicago Cubs found a number that worked in the canyon between their arbitration proposals.
- Reds outfield prospect Duran suspended for positive test Updated: Feb-05-16 5:37 pm
NEW YORK - Cincinnati Reds outfield prospect Juan Duran has been suspended for the first 80 games of the season under Major League Baseball's drug program following a positive test for three performance-enhancing substances.
- Hoover beats Reds in arbitration, improving players to 2-0 Updated: Feb-05-16 4:07 pm
PHOENIX - Reliever J.J. Hoover has won his salary arbitration case against the Cincinnati Reds, improving players to 2-0 against teams this year.
- Fernando Rodney and Padres finalize $2 million, 1-year deal Updated: Feb-04-16 9:09 pm
SAN DIEGO - Reliever Fernando Rodney and the San Diego Padres completed their $2 million, one-year contract on Thursday.
- Expected rebuild will still test patience of Brewers owner Updated: Feb-03-16 6:39 pm
MILWAUKEE - Brewers owner Mark Attanasio talks to his general manager like a fan whenever his rebuilding club makes another move.
- Pirates acquire former first-round pick Biddle from Phillies Updated: Feb-03-16 2:30 pm
- Dodgers hire Maddux and Ibanez as special assistants Updated: Feb-02-16 6:28 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Dodgers have hired Hall of Fame pitcher Greg Maddux and 19-year veteran Raul Ibanez as special assistants to Andrew Friedman in the team's front office.
- Arizona sending Milwaukee $6.5 million as part of Hill trade Updated: Feb-01-16 2:32 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks are giving the Brewers $6.5 million as part of the trade that sent infielder Aaron Hill and right-handed starter Chase Anderson and infielder Aaron Hill to Milwaukee for shortstop Jean Segura and righty Tyler Wagner.
- MLB forms new program aimed at increasing diversity Updated: Jan-27-16 4:47 pm
- Joe Adcock to be inducted into Miller Park Walk of Fame Updated: Jan-22-16 7:27 pm
MILWAUKEE - The late Joe Adcock will be honored as the newest member of the Miller Park Walk of Fame this year.
- Steinbrenner: Chapman innocent until proven otherwise Updated: Jan-20-16 6:21 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - Yankees owner Hal Steinbrenner says reliever Aroldis Chapman is "innocent until proven otherwise."
- Brewers catcher says trade might be best Updated: Jan-20-16 7:13 am
MILWAUKEE - Veteran catcher Jonathan Lucroy says the Milwaukee Brewers should trade him as the team begins a rebuilding program.
- Chris Stewart agrees to $3 million, 2-year deal with Pirates Updated: Jan-19-16 7:11 pm
PITTSBURGH - Catcher Chris Stewart and the Pittsburgh Pirates have agreed to a $3 million, two-year contract that avoids salary arbitration, a deal that includes a 2018 club option.
- Reds retiring Rose's No. 14, inducting him into team HOF Updated: Jan-19-16 3:12 pm
CINCINNATI - Pete Rose is getting a hall of fame induction - in the Cincinnati Reds' team hall during a weekend of honors this summer in his hometown - that will include retiring his No. 14.
- Seoul court fines Cardinals reliever for gambling Updated: Jan-18-16 10:12 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - A Seoul court has fined newly-signed St. Louis Cardinals reliever Seung Hwan Oh 10 million won ($8,300) for breaking South Korean gambling laws by betting heavily at a Macau casino.
- Wong wants to be Cardinals' leadoff man Updated: Jan-18-16 4:39 pm
ST. LOUIS - Kolten Wong wants to be the leadoff man for the St. Louis Cardinals. He recognizes there's quality competition.
- Crowds typically heavy at team's annual fan festival Updated: Jan-17-16 4:30 pm
ST. LOUIS - Bill DeWitt says it's been a very productive offseason for the St. Louis Cardinals, even though they missed out on David Price and lost Jason Heyward.