- Cardinals rally, complete sweep of Diamondbacks Updated: May-28-15 1:09 am
ST. LOUIS - Jason Heyward shook off a critical error with a game-tying homer. Peter Bourjos' legs did the rest to ensure a St. Louis Cardinals sweep.
- Diamondbacks blow lead, get swept by Cardinals Updated: May-28-15 1:07 am
ST. LOUIS - Brad Ziegler's first appearance of the series went sour right away. Then the Arizona Diamondbacks threw away a shot at extra innings.
- Lester makes costly mistake Updated: May-28-15 12:39 am
- Harper, Scherzer power Nationals past Cubs Updated: May-28-15 12:26 am
CHICAGO - The Washington Nationals' two biggest stars were full of praise for each other Wednesday night. After what they did against the Chicago Cubs, it was merited.
- Cardinals place Adams on DL, recall C Ed Easley Updated: May-28-15 12:20 am
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals first baseman Matt Adams could miss the rest of the season with a strained right quadriceps and will undergo surgery Friday.
- Cubs' Lester sets futility record Updated: May-27-15 9:59 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago Cubs pitcher Jon Lester established a major league record Wednesday night for the longest hitless drought to begin a career.
- Brewers swept by Giants, fall 3-1 in losing 5th straight Updated: May-27-15 6:55 pm
MILWAUKEE - With their offense struggling, the Milwaukee Brewers are trying to take chances at the plate.
- Vogelsong, Giants complete sweep with 3-1 win over Brewers Updated: May-27-15 6:31 pm
- A-Rod breaks Gehrig's AL RBI record; Yanks sweep Royals, 4-2 Updated: May-27-15 6:24 pm
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez checked off another age-old milestone in a comeback season that's surpassing almost anyone's expectations.
- Bullpen falters later, Marlins swept by Pirates in 5-2 loss Updated: May-27-15 5:43 pm
- Pirates rally past Marlins 5-2 for 6th straight win Updated: May-27-15 5:13 pm
PITTSBURGH - Mired in a funk a quarter of the way into a season with high expectations, Clint Hurdle challenged his team to get its act together.
- Reds fall to Rockies 6-4, their 10th loss in past 11 games Updated: May-27-15 5:10 pm
CINCINNATI - A few hours after they celebrated a rare win, the Cincinnati Reds held a closed-door meeting to mull yet another loss.
- Arenado homers again, Kendrick leads Rockies over Reds 6-4 Updated: May-27-15 3:47 pm
- Brewers honor past, celebrate future with Selig exhibit Updated: May-27-15 2:30 am
MILWAUKEE - A new attraction opening this week at the home of the Milwaukee Brewers pays homage to former team owner and retired baseball commissioner Bud Selig.
- Adams injured running bases, removed in 5th inning Updated: May-27-15 12:00 am
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals anticipate first baseman Matt Adams will be placed on the 15-day disabled list after straining his right quadriceps while running out a double in the fifth inning Tuesday night.
- Nationals lose 3-2 to Cubs Updated: May-26-15 11:59 pm
- Reds end 9-game losing streak with 2-1 win over Rockies Updated: May-26-15 10:38 pm
- Cardinals' Gonzales sidelined by shoulder injury Updated: May-26-15 7:32 pm
ST. LOUIS - Cardinals pitching prospect Marco Gonzales won't throw for about three weeks and will get a cortisone injection for a shoulder injury.
- MRI finds inflammation in Cueto's elbow but no major problem Updated: May-26-15 6:21 pm
CINCINNATI - Reds starter Johnny Cueto will miss at least one more start after an MRI found inflammation in his pitching elbow.
- Rockies skip Jorge De La Rosa because of cut finger Updated: May-26-15 5:51 pm
CINCINNATI - The Rockies scratched Jorge De La Rosa from his scheduled start against the Cincinnati Reds on Tuesday night because of a cut finger on his pitching hand that has been bothering him.
- Ohio legislative proposal would back Pete Rose reinstatement Updated: May-26-15 10:25 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A resolution urging baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred to reinstate former Cincinnati Reds star Pete Rose and make him eligible for the Hall of Fame has had its first hearing in the Ohio Legislature.
- Cards mascot photographed holding "police lives matter" sign Updated: May-25-15 3:44 pm
ST. LOUIS - A photo of St. Louis Cardinals mascot Fredbird holding a "police lives matter" sign was posted to a police association Facebook page before the team asked that it be taken down.
- Reds put catcher Mesoraco on DL, starter Cueto examined Updated: May-25-15 1:41 pm
CINCINNATI - The Reds put catcher Devin Mesoraco on the 15-day disabled list Monday with a sore left hip that limited him to pinch hitting and filling in as an interleague DH for the past six weeks.
- Goldschmidt homers, D-Backs beat Cubs 4-3 to take series Updated: May-24-15 8:08 pm
PHOENIX - Trying to get Paul Goldschmidt to talk about himself is a futile exercise.
- Slumping Mets strike out 14 times in 9-1 loss to Pirates Updated: May-24-15 8:02 pm
PITTSBURGH - Terry Collins had seen enough. After watching the Mets strike out 14 more times in their fifth loss in six games, the manager addressed his team behind closed doors.