- Cardinals rally, lose in ninth on Tomlinson winning single Updated: Aug-29-15 2:17 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Michael Wacha is never surprised that the St. Louis Cardinals find a way to come back even if behind big early.
- Hammel walks 5 in Cubs' 4-1 loss to Dodgers in series opener Updated: Aug-29-15 2:09 am
LOS ANGELES - Jason Hammel eagerly anticipated matching up against Clayton Kershaw. The Cubs' right-hander was holding his own through the first five innings while the Dodgers' ace was rolling through Chicago's lineup.
- Tomlinson lines game-winning single as Giants beat Cardinals Updated: Aug-29-15 2:02 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Rookie Kelby Tomlinson has been called upon out of necessity for the injury-plagued Giants, and he keeps delivering. Veteran Marlon Byrd has been called upon for big moments like this down the stretch, and is doing his part since coming to San Francisco this month in a trade from the Cincinnati Reds.
- Kershaw strikes out 14 in Dodgers' 4-1 win over Cubs Updated: Aug-29-15 1:41 am
LOS ANGELES - There's no personal statistic that impresses Clayton Kershaw much, including leading the major leagues with 236 strikeouts.
- Reds offense sputters again in loss to Brewers Updated: Aug-29-15 12:31 am
MILWAUKEE - The Cincinnati Reds wasted another strong performance from rookie Raisel Iglesias.
- Rookie Gray battles but Rockies fall to Pirates 5-3 Updated: Aug-28-15 11:52 pm
PITTSBURGH - The kid gloves are just about ready to come off Jon Gray. Good idea. At this point it's all the Colorado Rockies rookie pitcher can do to keep from tearing them apart.
- Vin Scully to return for record 67th year with Dodgers Updated: Aug-28-15 11:40 pm
LOS ANGELES - The voice of summer in Los Angeles plans to return next year.
- Harrison RBI single lifts Pirates over Rockies 5-3 Updated: Aug-28-15 11:36 pm
PITTSBURGH - Gregory Polanco saw one of the fastest players in baseball standing at third and knew there was little margin for error.
- Jungmann, Santana lead Brewers over Reds Updated: Aug-28-15 11:16 pm
- Cardinals put closer Trevor Rosenthal on paternity list Updated: Aug-28-15 10:15 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - St. Louis Cardinals closer Trevor Rosenthal was put on the paternity leave list Friday as the club opened a weekend series at San Francisco.
- Diamondbacks come up short in 8th, fall 5-3 to Cardinals Updated: Aug-28-15 2:56 am
- Maness gets key outs in 8th as Cardinals beat D-backs 5-3 Updated: Aug-28-15 2:26 am
PHOENIX - Seth Maness came into the game in a tight spot and got some big outs for St. Louis Cardinals.
- Marlins struggle to score again, fall to Pirates 2-1 Updated: Aug-27-15 11:11 pm
MIAMI - There's no margin for error for the Miami Marlins.
- Cole gets 15th win, Pirates top Marlins 2-1 Updated: Aug-27-15 11:02 pm
MIAMI - The Pittsburgh Pirates took on the deepest parts of Marlins Park on Thursday night, and won.
- Cubs get struggling reliever Fernando Rodney from Mariners Updated: Aug-27-15 10:39 pm
- Tomlinson hits grand slam for 1st MLB HR, Giants beat Cubs Updated: Aug-27-15 6:52 pm
- Dodgers finish sweep of Reds with 1-0 win Updated: Aug-27-15 4:06 pm
- Nelson wild in Brewers' 6-2 loss to Indians Updated: Aug-27-15 12:29 am
CLEVELAND - Jimmy Nelson had no one to blame but himself.
- Kipnis has HR, 3 RBIs to lead Indians past Brewers, 6-2 Updated: Aug-27-15 12:15 am
CLEVELAND - With his best pitcher landing on the disabled list, Indians manager Terry Francona knew he needed a strong effort from the rest of his team Wednesday night.
- Cain loses third straight decision, Giants fall to Cubs Updated: Aug-26-15 3:23 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Matt Cain is closer to 100 losses than 100 wins and hasn't had a winning season since helping the San Francisco Giants win the 2012 World Series title.
- Pirates lose to Marlins and Brad Hand, 5-2 Updated: Aug-25-15 11:26 pm
MIAMI - The Pittsburgh Pirates couldn't reach the seats Tuesday night at spacious Marlins Park. They also had trouble making it home.
- Blue Jays claim Roach off waivers from Reds Updated: Aug-25-15 9:38 pm
- Reds overpower Tigers in biggest comeback win of season Updated: Aug-24-15 11:45 pm
CINCINNATI - The Reds took out a lot of frustration in one inning to snap a losing streak.
- Great start turns into ugly Tiger loss Updated: Aug-24-15 11:33 pm
CINCINNATI - Buck Farmer's best stretch of pitching turned into one of Detroit's worst losses of the season.
- Kluber comes up short in Indians' 2-1 loss to Cubs Updated: Aug-24-15 7:21 pm
CHICAGO - Cleveland's Corey Kluber came up with another strong start. But so did Chicago starter Jon Lester in a game that eventually was decided by the Indians' and Cubs' bullpens.