- After joining franchise, MacPhail watches Phillies lose Updated: Jun-30-15 12:03 am
PHILADELPHIA - Soon-to-be Phillies president Andy MacPhail promised to watch, listen and learn over the next three months. He probably hoped for a better beginning.
- Lucroy has 4 hits, 2 RBIs, helps Brewers down Phillies Updated: Jun-29-15 11:53 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Jonathan Lucroy and Ryan Braun seem to always have a good time when hitting at Citizens Bank Park. It was no different on Monday night.
- Reds get up by 8 runs, hold on for 11-7 win over Twins Updated: Jun-29-15 11:47 pm
CINCINNATI - Billy Hamilton ran the Minnesota Twins into a hole so big they couldn't get out of it.
- Twins fall behind by 8 runs early, lose to Reds 11-7 Updated: Jun-29-15 11:41 pm
CINCINNATI - The Minnesota Twins knew all about Billy Hamilton's speed. Nothing they did could slow him - or the rest of the Reds' lineup, for that matter.
- MacPhail joins Phillies, will be president after season Updated: Jun-29-15 4:30 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Andy MacPhail is the new man in charge of the Philadelphia Phillies.
- One day at a time, Cardinals adding to best record in majors Updated: Jun-29-15 4:24 pm
ST. LOUIS - Mike Matheny has zero interest in scanning the daily statistics that show just how efficiently the St. Louis Cardinals are dealing with the opposition.
- Pirates staying patient as Polanco searches for consistency Updated: Jun-29-15 3:51 pm
PITTSBURGH - A year ago, Gregory Polanco was the next big thing. When the Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder was called up to the big leagues last June, his arrival was viewed as a coronation.
- Cubs lose 4-1 as Cardinals complete sweep Updated: Jun-29-15 2:24 am
ST. LOUIS - Pitching has not been the problem with the Chicago Cubs. It's the bats that have gone cold.
- Martinez paces Cardinals to 4-1 win, sweep of Cubs Updated: Jun-29-15 2:05 am
ST. LOUIS - Every five or 10 minutes while the game was on hold, Carlos Martinez went to the indoor batting cage to stay loose.
- Reds no match for Matz as Mets win 7-2 for 3-game sweep Updated: Jun-28-15 10:42 pm
NEW YORK - Not only did the Cincinnati Reds have to face three of the Mets' top young starters this weekend, they got beat at the plate by one of them, too.
- Matz has record day at plate in debut, Mets beat Reds 7-2 Updated: Jun-28-15 9:51 pm
NEW YORK - Steven Matz's giddy grandfather popped out of his seat at Citi Field and shouted with unabashed glee. Boy, did he have plenty to cheer about.
- McCutchen plays after HBP but Pirates lose to Braves 2-1 Updated: Jun-28-15 7:15 pm
PITTSBURGH - Andrew McCutchen texted Clint Hurdle on Sunday morning and told the Pittsburgh Pirates manager his bruised left elbow was just fine.
- Garcia likely to start Thursday against White Sox Updated: Jun-28-15 7:05 pm
ST. LOUIS - Cardinals lefty Jaime Garcia is likely to make his next start Thursday against the White Sox, getting two extra days to recover from a groin cramp he sustained running the bases.
- Braun, Lind hit 2-run HRs in 8th, Brewers hold off Twins Updated: Jun-28-15 6:51 pm
MILWAUKEE - At this point in the season, any win is a well-timed one for the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Wood sharp as Braves top Pirates 2-1 to end losing streak Updated: Jun-28-15 6:17 pm
PITTSBURGH - Alex Wood can tell the instant a breaking ball leaves his hand whether he has a feel for it on a given day. When he does, the Atlanta Braves lefty can be dominant.
- Pirates designate Tabata, Volstad for assignment Updated: Jun-28-15 2:00 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Pirates designated outfielder Jose Tabata for a second time on Sunday, a little more than a week after Tabata broke up Max Scherzer's bid for a perfect game.
- Garza, Brewers lose 5-2 to Twins Updated: Jun-27-15 6:45 pm
MILWAUKEE - After getting hammered in his last two starts, Matt Garza limited the runs and hits.
- Pirates star McCutchen leaves game with elbow injury Updated: Jun-27-15 5:53 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Pirates center fielder Andrew McCutchen left Saturday's game against Atlanta after getting hit in the left elbow with a pitch.
- Grilli struggles as Braves fall to Pirates 5-4 in 10 innings Updated: Jun-26-15 11:38 pm
PITTSBURGH - Jason Grilli revived his flagging career during his three years in Pittsburgh, becoming an All-Star closer in 2013 while helping lead the Pirates back to the playoffs for the first time in two decades.
- Dozier and Parra both lead off the game with home run Updated: Jun-26-15 9:41 pm
- Cubs rookie 3B Bryant back in lineup Updated: Jun-26-15 7:38 pm
ST. LOUIS - Chicago Cubs rookie third baseman Kris Bryant returned to the starting lineup for Friday's game at St. Louis, a day after experiencing flu-like symptoms.
- Reds outlast Pirates 5-4 in 13 innings on Phillips' homer Updated: Jun-26-15 1:50 am
PITTSBURGH - Guess Brandon Phillips' thumb is OK.
- Lynn helps Cardinals complete sweep by beating Marlins 5-1 Updated: Jun-25-15 11:18 pm
MIAMI - When Lance Lynn threw his final pitch Thursday for strike three to escape a jam, he turned toward center field and screamed something with adrenaline-fueled fervor.
- Brewers, Jungmann shut down by deGrom in 2-0 loss to Mets Updated: Jun-25-15 8:33 pm
MILWAUKEE - Taylor Jungmann was locked in a scoreless battle Jacob deGrom for five innings. But the Milwaukee Brewers' bullpen couldn't keep the New York Mets off the scoreboard and Jungmann had to settle for a pat on the back from his manager.
- DeGrom leads Mets over Brewers 2-0 to stop 7-game skid Updated: Jun-25-15 8:18 pm
MILWAUKEE - Jacob deGrom sent the New York Mets home with a rare road win.