- Gov. declares 'Mike Ditka Day,' honors 'Da Coach' Updated: Dec-09-13 8:53 am
- Sonic restaurant apologizes for anti-Redskins sign Updated: Dec-09-13 8:05 am
- Bitter cold expected for Bears, Cowboys game Updated: Dec-09-13 7:49 am
- 5 things to know after Eagles beat Lions 34-20 Updated: Dec-09-13 3:41 am
- 5 things to know after Chargers beat Giants 37-14 Updated: Dec-09-13 3:39 am
- 5 things to know after 49ers edge Seahawks 19-17 Updated: Dec-09-13 3:35 am
- 5 things to know after Saints paste Panthers 31-13 Updated: Dec-09-13 3:20 am
- Panthers' 8-game win streak ended by Saints 31-13 Updated: Dec-09-13 1:41 am
- Brees sharp, Saints beat Panthers 31-13 Updated: Dec-09-13 1:03 am
- Philip Rivers helps Chargers beat Giants 37-14 Updated: Dec-09-13 12:54 am
- Saints help NFL set single-day record for TDs Updated: Dec-08-13 10:41 pm
- Rams can't run, Cardinals roll to 30-10 victory Updated: Dec-08-13 10:12 pm
- Column: Road to Super Bowl still through Seattle Updated: Dec-08-13 10:01 pm
- Ravens rally past Vikings 29-26 on icy field Updated: Dec-08-13 10:00 pm
- Vikings lose to Ravens 29-26, without Peterson Updated: Dec-08-13 9:57 pm
- Giants dumped from playoff picture with 37-14 loss Updated: Dec-08-13 9:51 pm
- Seahawks lose 19-17 at San Francisco Updated: Dec-08-13 9:44 pm
- Dawson go-ahead field goal lifts 49ers by Seattle Updated: Dec-08-13 9:36 pm
- Cardinals beat Rams 30-10 to end NFC West skid Updated: Dec-08-13 9:32 pm
- Eagles tie NFL mark for 2-point tries Updated: Dec-08-13 8:54 pm
- Vikings RB Peterson leaves with ankle injury Updated: Dec-08-13 8:51 pm
- 1 dead in snowy turnpike crash, roadway reopens Updated: Dec-08-13 8:29 pm
- RB Williams returns for Panthers vs. Saints Updated: Dec-08-13 7:54 pm
- Old Man Winter frosts NFL gridirons with snow, ice Updated: Dec-08-13 7:41 pm
- Falcons falter in 2nd half, lose 22-21 to Packers Updated: Dec-08-13 7:00 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - It's Ditka Day in Illinois.
BELTON, Missouri - A Sonic restaurant in a Kansas City suburb apologized and quickly removed a sign urging the Kansas City Chiefs to "scalp the Redskins."
PHILADELPHIA - On a slippery, snow-filled field against a run-stuffing defense, LeSean McCoy had the game of his life.
SAN DIEGO - It's one Manning down, and the other one to go for the San Diego Chargers.
NEW ORLEANS - Drew Brees often makes the extraordinary look routine, particularly during night games in the Superdome.
NEW ORLEANS - Carolina's franchise-record eight-game winning streak came crashing down under the New Orleans Saints' home dominance.
NEW ORLEANS - Drew Brees saw his face on giant Superdome video boards, then nodded and smiled as a jubilant crowd applauded the star quarterback's latest milestone and the meaningful way in which he hit it.
SAN DIEGO - Philip Rivers and the San Diego Chargers still have Eli Manning's number.
NEW ORLEANS - The NFL set a single-day record for touchdowns when the New Orleans Saints scored three times in the first half of Sunday night's game against the Carolina Panthers.
GLENDALE, Arizona - The St. Louis Rams have virtually assured themselves last place in what might be the NFL's toughest division.
It was the kind of a game deserving of the burgeoning rivalry, a chippy affair very much in doubt until Frank Gore ripped off a run that saved some self-respect if not the season for the San Francisco 49ers.
BALTIMORE - At first, it appeared the unrelenting snow would be the main topic of conversation. Then came an incredible flurry of touchdowns - five over the final 125 seconds - that truly made this a one-of-a-kind, unforgettable football game.
BALTIMORE - This was what football used to be like in Minnesota before the Vikings began playing under a dome.
SAN DIEGO - The New York Giants got themselves in big trouble with an 0-6 start, and then began to climb out of the hole by winning five of six.
SAN FRANCISCO - Every time the Seattle Seahawks seemed to steal some momentum, they found a way to hurt their cause.
SAN FRANCISCO - Frank Gore saw a huge hole with the clock ticking down and his team trailing, and went for it with everything he had.
GLENDALE, Arizona - Carson Palmer didn't throw a pass in practice all last week, then completed practically every one he tried Sunday.
The Philadelphia Eagles tied an NFL mark for 2-point conversion tries Sunday with five in their 34-20 victory over Detroit.
PHILADELPHIA - A large storm brought heavy snow to parts of Pennsylvania on Sunday, wreaking havoc on the turnpike, contributing to at least one traffic fatality and covering the fields of the Pittsburgh Steelers and Philadelphia Eagles in white.
Winter weather hit NFL gridirons in the East on Sunday, blanketing some playing fields with snow and causing sloppy conditions for players.
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Falcons linebacker Sean Weatherspoon took a knee to catch his breath after his lumbering 71-yard interception return for a touchdown.