- Bears release Ray McDonald after arrest in California Updated: May-26-15 1:25 am
SAN FRANCISCO - The Chicago Bears released defensive end Ray McDonald following a domestic violence arrest in Northern California that police say stemmed from an assault on a woman who was holding a baby.
- AP Source: Adrian Peterson tells coach he won't be at OTAs Updated: May-24-15 9:53 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Vikings will open their optional team practices this week without Adrian Peterson.
- Scandrick signs 1-year extension with Cowboys through 2019 Updated: May-22-15 5:03 pm
IRVING, Texas - Cornerback Orlando Scandrick has the raise he sought by skipping the first two weeks of voluntary offseason workouts with the Dallas Cowboys.
- New 49ers running back Bush ready to prove himself again Updated: May-21-15 9:56 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Reggie Bush wants to return punts again, and he brought up the idea to the San Francisco 49ers when he joined the team as a free agent this spring.
- Siants sign 1st-round pick Andrus Peat Updated: May-21-15 7:33 pm
- Packers sign 3rd-round pick Ty Montgomery Updated: May-21-15 5:40 pm
- What happened at NFL meetings and what it means Updated: May-21-15 2:39 am
SAN FRANCISCO - NFL owners concluded an especially hectic spring meetings by setting up what figures to be a very busy summer and fall.
- Brees: Younger Saints receivers ready for larger roles Updated: May-20-15 6:35 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Drew Brees is confident that some young, relatively unknown, inexperienced receivers can help the New Orleans Saints' offense remain among the NFL's best.
- AP source: Giants tackle Will Beatty tears pectoral muscle Updated: May-20-15 5:48 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - New York Giants starting left tackle Will Beatty is going to be sidelined up to six months after tearing a pectoral muscle, a person with knowledge of the injury told The Associated Press on Wednesday.
- Cowboys sign second-round pick Randy Gregory Updated: May-20-15 4:36 pm
IRVING, Texas - Randy Gregory will be under contract when the Dallas Cowboys have their first full offseason practice next week.
- Brett Favre playing football again - for charity Updated: May-20-15 3:36 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Brett Favre will be playing football again in Wisconsin, just not at Lambeau Field.
- Panthers cut former 4th-round pick Kugbila Updated: May-20-15 2:50 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Carolina Panthers have released injury-plagued guard Edmund Kugbila, a former fourth-round draft pick who never played in a game for the team.
- For Cleveland and Atlanta, plenty of sports lowlights Updated: May-20-15 3:21 am
ATLANTA - On the sports misery index, Atlanta and Cleveland are hard to beat.
- Commissioner: St. Louis in mix for next round of expansion Updated: May-19-15 8:12 pm
ST. LOUIS - Major League Soccer commissioner Don Garber said Tuesday that St. Louis will be a top contender for the next round of expansion, probably in 2020, if the city's stadium plans for a new NFL stadium are fulfilled.
- Judge opts to close trial involving Saints, Pelicans owner Updated: May-19-15 7:51 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A judge has decided to bar the public from a trial in which estranged heirs of New Orleans Saints and Pelicans owner Tom Benson intend to argue that their patriarch was mentally unfit when he ousted them from ownership stakes in the franchises.
- Players' union asks court to hold NFL's Goodell in contempt Updated: May-19-15 7:12 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The NFL players' union has asked a federal court to hold the league and Commissioner Roger Goodell in contempt for not complying with a federal judge's order to send Adrian Peterson's disciplinary case back to an arbitrator.
- Panthers LB Davis takes 5-lap spin with Earnhardt Jr. Updated: May-19-15 5:53 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Not a lot scares Carolina Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis so he was comfortable going a few laps around Charlotte Motor Speedway at 165 mph with NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt Jr.
- Land deal closes for planned NFL stadium near Los Angeles Updated: May-19-15 5:24 pm
LOS ANGELES - The San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders moved a step closer Tuesday to building a new stadium near Los Angeles after a complex land deal was finalized on a site that could become the home of a shared $1.7 billion venue.
- Rehabbing from injury, QB Palmer knows window is closing Updated: May-19-15 5:00 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Carson Palmer says he has rehabbed from his knee injury with "a certain intensity" driven by the knowledge that his days as an NFL quarterback are drawing to a close.
- Saints release veteran kicker Shayne Graham Updated: May-19-15 4:43 pm
- Arizona signs draft picks Johnson, Christian Updated: May-18-15 6:36 pm
- Seahawks' Williams to undergo surgery for kidney cancer Updated: May-18-15 6:00 pm
- Cowboys re-sign fullback Tyler Clutts, release Jed Collins Updated: May-18-15 5:29 pm
- Seattle signs WR Foxx, waives injured RB Bronson Updated: May-18-15 5:23 pm
- 49ers DL Justin Smith retires after 14 seasons Updated: May-18-15 4:29 pm