- Bucs, Dolphins, Jags already falling short of expectations Updated: Oct-08-15 6:44 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Things were supposed to be different in the Sunshine State this season.
- Cutler mending as injuries mount on Bears' offense Updated: Oct-08-15 6:37 pm
LAKE FOREST, Illinois - All around him, Jay Cutler sees teammates going down.
- Former NFL coach Lindy Infante dies at 75 Updated: Oct-08-15 5:26 pm
- Brooks to miss Sunday's game because of sister's death Updated: Oct-08-15 5:26 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks left the team this week after his sister, Krsunthia Brooks, died of lupus, according to the player's agent Greg Williams.
- From RG3 to Roberts, Redskins make performance-based moves Updated: Oct-08-15 4:16 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - The most talked-about and obvious move, of course, was the benching of Robert Griffin III in favor of Kirk Cousins as the starting quarterback.
- Murray says patience a key to breaking out Updated: Oct-08-15 4:03 pm
- Falcons' Roddy White upbeat after meeting with Quinn Updated: Oct-08-15 2:26 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Atlanta Falcons receiver Roddy White returned to the team Thursday and said he was encouraged about his role following a meeting with coach Dan Quinn.
- Houston's Mallett looks for turnaround against Colts Updated: Oct-08-15 10:40 am
HOUSTON - Ryan Mallett has had a tough time since taking over as starting quarterback for the Houston Texans.
- Raiders linebacker Aldon Smith pleads not guilty to charges Updated: Oct-08-15 9:52 am
SANTA CLARA, California - Prosecutors in Northern California say Oakland Raiders linebacker Aldon Smith has pleaded not guilty to hit and run, drunken driving and vandalism.
- NFL has some little-known rules and regulations Updated: Oct-08-15 3:25 am
Thanks to Seattle linebacker K.J. Wright and back judge Greg Wilson, football fans now know all about the obscure NFL rule known as the "illegal bat."
- Lions sign Fluellen, put Walker on IR Updated: Oct-07-15 10:23 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - The Detroit Lions have signed defensive tackle Andre Fluellen and put defensive tackle Tyrunn Walker on injured reserve.
- Rams enjoy breakout game from rookie running back Gurley Updated: Oct-07-15 8:48 pm
ST. LOUIS - The Rams have been trying to get their run game going and have been waiting to see what first-round pick Todd Gurley can do.
- Kicker Connor Barth excited to rejoin Buccaneers Updated: Oct-07-15 8:27 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Connor Barth didn't wait for a phone call to let the Tampa Bay Buccaneers know he was interested in being the answer to their kicking woes that have contributed to another slow start.
- Seattle's offensive line inconsistent through 4 weeks Updated: Oct-07-15 8:18 pm
RENTON, Washington - There was no question before the regular season began that the Seattle Seahawks' weakness was going to be on the offensive line.
- Ellington ready, Cardinals have offense they envisioned Updated: Oct-07-15 8:05 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Coach Bruce Arians says running back Andre Ellington "should be ready to go" Sunday at Detroit.
- Beckham learning to deal with all the extra attention Updated: Oct-07-15 8:03 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - After a monster rookie season, New York Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr. has become a marked man.
- Buffalo Bills' high-priced defense not paying off just yet Updated: Oct-07-15 7:46 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Coach Rex Ryan insists it's premature to start judging the Buffalo Bills' high-priced defense on a few inconsistent performances a month into the season.
- Falcons downplay White's complaints about lack of passes Updated: Oct-07-15 7:37 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Atlanta Falcons receiver Roddy White skipped practice Wednesday for an undisclosed personal matter, while the team addressed concerns that he's not happy with a diminished role in the offense.
- 'Limited' or not, Cowboys' Weeden carrying on as Romo sub Updated: Oct-07-15 7:27 pm
IRVING, Texas - Brandon Weeden didn't need Dallas owner Jerry Jones to tell him he's no Drew Brees.
- Struggling Saints gaining hope from return of key veterans Updated: Oct-07-15 7:24 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Drew Brees made an unusual request on Wednesday, asking Saints coaches and trainers to leave his name off of the club's first required injury report of Week 5.
- Goodell, owners expect future vote on LA relocation Updated: Oct-07-15 7:08 pm
NEW YORK - NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell expects owners will vote on franchise relocation to Los Angeles.
- New coaches getting fast results with Falcons, Broncos, Jets Updated: Oct-07-15 7:03 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Dan Quinn cranked up the music and turned up the energy for the Atlanta Falcons.
- 49ers coach Tomsula remains confident in QB Kaepernick Updated: Oct-07-15 6:49 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - San Francisco coach Jim Tomsula remains committed to Colin Kaepernick as his quarterback and maintains the fifth-year pro has not lost any confidence.
- League, players union brief Giants players on MRSA Updated: Oct-07-15 6:38 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - The New York Giants have taken a crash course on MRSA.
- Patriots will try to stop Greg Hardy in DL's Dallas debut Updated: Oct-07-15 6:05 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Greg Hardy's mouth is preceding his production.