- Purple Heart, Bronze Star recipient fights for Rams spot Updated: Aug-28-15 12:06 pm
ST. LOUIS - Long after the rest of the St. Louis Rams have left the practice field, Daniel Rodriguez drips with sweat, running dozens of extra pass routes with backup quarterback Austin Davis, who's also getting some extra work.
- Lambeau's Shopko gate has new metal detectors Updated: Aug-28-15 7:39 am
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Some football fans heading into Lambeau Field Saturday for the Green Bay Packers first preseason home game this year will encounter newly installed metal detectors.
- Identifying zone-read plays makes it tough to protect QBs Updated: Aug-28-15 3:12 am
PHILADELPHIA - If Chip Kelly, Pete Carroll and other NFL coaches want to run zone-read plays, their quarterbacks are fair game - even when they don't have the ball.
- Soft-spoken Teddy Bridgewater blossoms for Vikings Updated: Aug-28-15 12:09 am
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - An easy smile, slender build and soft, self-effacing voice. They seem to bely Teddy Bridgewater's status with the Minnesota Vikings.
- Entering 10th season, Jets' Colon still out to prove himself Updated: Aug-27-15 8:35 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - Willie Colon walked out of the New York Jets' facility eight months ago uncertain if he'd ever be back.
- Credit impact unclear amid fight over new St. Louis stadium Updated: Aug-27-15 7:50 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - It's unclear whether halting payments for the current St. Louis football stadium, or refusing to make them for a potential new stadium, would hurt the state's high credit rating, a state official told Missouri lawmakers Thursday.
- WR looks like Falcons' deepest position heading into season Updated: Aug-27-15 7:36 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Like all NFL teams, the Atlanta Falcons have some worrisome positions.
- Skins' RG3 evades concussion questions, OK'd to face Ravens Updated: Aug-27-15 7:15 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - Robert Griffin III evaded questions Thursday about when - or even if - he sustained a concussion in the Washington Redskins' second preseason game.
- Falcons' McKay reinstated to NFL Competition Committee Updated: Aug-27-15 7:06 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Atlanta Falcons team president Rich McKay has been reinstated as chairman of the NFL's powerful Competition Committee, the league said Thursday, after a nearly five-month suspension for the use of artificial noise at the Georgia Dome during games.
- Wilson says he did not have a concussion in NFC title game Updated: Aug-27-15 7:05 pm
RENTON, Washington - Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson said Thursday he did not suffer a concussion in the NFC championship game against Green Bay, a day after comments in an article in Rolling Stone indicated Wilson may have suffered a head injury.
- Linebacker Ahmad Brooks sent home by 49ers Updated: Aug-27-15 6:56 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Linebacker Ahmad Brooks has been banished from the San Francisco 49ers after being charged with misdemeanor sexual battery.
- Barth rejoins Buccaneers after being released in Denver Updated: Aug-27-15 6:36 pm
- Tom Coughlin cuts back on practice, opts for Giants recovery Updated: Aug-27-15 6:24 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - The New York Giants have been hit with so many injuries the past few seasons that coach Tom Coughlin is experimenting with practicing less.
- Cardinals anticipate end of training camp Updated: Aug-27-15 6:09 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - So what's with those smiles on the faces of Arizona Cardinals players?
- Company in Vikings stadium fatality had 9 safety violations Updated: Aug-27-15 6:05 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The subcontractor involved in a fatal accident at the Minnesota Vikings stadium construction site has received nine citations for worksite safety violations in the past five years, according to public records.
- Longtime Saints recall the team's role in Katrina recovery Updated: Aug-27-15 6:03 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Coming off a career-threatening injury, Drew Brees had little choice but to sign with a downtrodden franchise in a disaster zone. Sean Payton became coach of the Saints only after being passed over for the job he really wanted in Green Bay.
- Packers' Raji ready to contribute after missing last season Updated: Aug-27-15 5:44 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Veteran nose tackle B.J. Raji knows well the challenging path that injured Green Bay Packers teammate Jordy Nelson must take the next several months.
- Cowboys break camp early but in keeping with routine Updated: Aug-27-15 5:15 pm
OXNARD, California - The Cowboys have broken camp in California, technically a day early but in keeping with their routine for preseason games this year.
- Saints seeking to ramp up pass rush as regular season nears Updated: Aug-27-15 5:14 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Sack-less through two preseason games, the New Orleans Saints have ratcheted up concerns about their lack of a pass rush this week.
- Gregory's work to impress Cowboys now showing on field, too Updated: Aug-27-15 4:57 pm
OXNARD, California - At times this summer, Randy Gregory would sign autographs and give interviews until Dallas team personnel had to just about pull him off the field during training camp.
- Eagles QB Bradford hopes to hit rhythm vs. Packers Updated: Aug-27-15 4:25 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Quarterback Sam Bradford would embrace the chance to play deeper in the Eagles' third exhibition game in Green Bay on Saturday.
- Packers DL Letroy Guion suspended 3 games by NFL Updated: Aug-27-15 4:21 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - The NFL suspended Packers defensive tackle Letroy Guion without pay for the first three games of the regular season on Thursday, saying the eighth-year pro violated the league's policy on substance abuse.
- Redskins LB Junior Galette out for season with Achilles tear Updated: Aug-27-15 2:14 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - Washington Redskins coach Jay Gruden says outside linebacker Junior Galette will miss the entire season after tearing his left Achilles tendon.
- Grand jury indicts former 49er Ray McDonald on rape charge Updated: Aug-26-15 9:26 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A Santa Clara County grand jury indicted former San Francisco 49ers defensive lineman Ray McDonald on one count of rape of an intoxicated person.
- Cowboys think they have depth to replace injured Scandrick Updated: Aug-26-15 9:09 pm
OXNARD, California - Orlando Scandrick's season-ending knee injury was a flashback for Dallas coach Jason Garrett to losing linebacker Sean Lee during the offseason a year earlier.