- GOP fundraiser Welch dies at 80 Updated: Mar-08-14 3:03 pm
- Senate passes Medicaid legislative approval bill Updated: Mar-06-14 6:53 pm
- Senate leaders threaten UT funding over Sex Week Updated: Mar-05-14 6:38 pm
- Haslam stands by own anti-meth proposal in House Updated: Mar-05-14 3:38 pm
- School voucher bill advances in Tenn. House Updated: Mar-05-14 3:26 pm
- Tenn. lawmakers look at in-state tuition changes Updated: Mar-04-14 7:08 pm
- Haslam's free tuition proposal advancing in House Updated: Mar-04-14 5:40 pm
- Drug companies spend millions to lobby lawmakers Updated: Mar-04-14 10:20 am
- Sponsor puts off change to US Senate nominations Updated: Mar-04-14 4:04 am
- Winter storm brings icy roads, accidents to Tenn. Updated: Mar-03-14 4:20 pm
- AG: Cities should pay school districts Updated: Feb-28-14 12:10 pm
- No sign of expansion at plant where UAW dealt loss Updated: Feb-28-14 4:22 am
- Bill to protect outdoorsmen from drones Updated: Feb-27-14 12:04 pm
- Petition seeks to preserve Common Core in Tenn. Updated: Feb-25-14 7:23 pm
- Court: Passing field sobriety tests doesn't matter Updated: Feb-21-14 4:53 pm
- Tenn., Ill. and Iowa get grant to improve safety Updated: Feb-21-14 3:35 am
- TN official: UAW no deal breaker for Memphis site Updated: Feb-19-14 4:52 pm
- ECD chief: UAW no deal breaker for West Tenn. site Updated: Feb-19-14 1:58 pm
- Wedding services bill dead this session Updated: Feb-18-14 9:01 pm
- Bill would make Tenn. time uniform Updated: Feb-18-14 9:10 am
- 1 killed, 1 injured when car crashes into pole Updated: Feb-15-14 1:43 pm
- MTSU Poll: Haslam job approval takes dive Updated: Feb-10-14 2:22 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Ted Welch, a prolific fundraiser in Tennessee Republican politics for four decades, has died. He was 80.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Senate on Thursday voted to require Gov. Bill Haslam to secure legislative approval for any potential deal to expand Medicaid in Tennessee despite the Republican governor's repeated assurances that he would first seek their OK for any arrangement.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Republican leaders in the state Senate are warning that new funding for the University of Tennessee could be threatened over the use of student fees for a weeklong program about sex.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Gov. Bill Haslam said Wednesday he is standing by his anti-meth proposal despite the bill being sidetracked in a House subcommittee earlier this week.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A proposal to create a school voucher program in Tennessee is advancing in the House despite concerns from some lawmakers that the legislation would be detrimental to public schools.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Supporters of legislation to make students in the country illegally eligible for in-state tuition say the proposal is fair and would benefit Tennessee's economy.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Gov. Bill Haslam's proposal to create a community college program for all high school graduates is advancing in the House.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A newspaper analysis of public records has found that more than 100 lobbyists have been hired since 2009 by pharmaceutical companies, suppliers and trade associations to influence lawmakers.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The sponsor of a proposal to give state lawmakers the power to name U.S. Senate nominees has a hold on the measure.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A powerful winter storm pounded parts of Tennessee with snow and ice on Monday, causing hundreds of traffic accidents on slick roads and leaving thousands without power.
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - A legal opinion released by Tennessee Attorney General Robert Cooper says the law requires cities across the state to pay any unremitted liquor taxes to school districts.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Friday marks the end of the two-week period within which U.S. Sen. Bob Corker promised Volkswagen would announce another line at its factory in Tennessee if workers there rejected representation by the United Auto Workers union.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A proposal that would prohibit the use of drones to conduct video surveillance of outdoorsmen in Tennessee without their permission has passed the Senate.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A petition with more than 9,000 signatures supporting Tennessee's Common Core standards was released Tuesday amid efforts by some lawmakers to do away with them.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Police may still have grounds to arrest people for DUI even if they pass field sobriety tests, the Tennessee Supreme Court said in a ruling announced Friday.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee, Illinois and Iowa are receiving a grant to increase public safety by sharing criminal justice information.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee officials promoting a 6-square-mile "mega site" outside Memphis say it would be ideally suited for a new auto assembly plant - even if its workers are represented by the United Auto Workers union.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee officials promoting a 6-square-mile "megasite" outside of Memphis say it would be ideally suited for a new auto assembly plant - even if its workers are represented by the United Auto Workers union.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A proposal to protect wedding-related businesses from lawsuits if they refuse to provide services to same-sex couples is dead for the session after being withdrawn from a Senate committee on Tuesday.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A bill pending in the Tennessee legislature would have the state adopt a uniform time system.
SEVIERVILLE, Tennessee - One person has died and another has been injured when a car ran off the road and into a utility pole in eastern Tennessee.
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - The latest Middle Tennessee State University poll released on Monday shows Gov. Bill Haslam's job approval has dropped since last spring.