- UND defenseman Jordan Schmaltz signs with St. Louis Blues Updated: May-29-15 7:11 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - University of North Dakota hockey defenseman Jordan Schmaltz is skipping his senior season to turn pro.
- Blackhawks beat Ducks 5-2 to force Game 7 in West finals Updated: May-28-15 12:09 am
CHICAGO - It is really hard to wear out Duncan Keith. He just keeps going and going and going.
- Blackhawks bench D Kimmo Timonen for Game 6 Updated: May-27-15 8:12 pm
CHICAGO - Blackhawks defenseman Kimmo Timonen is inactive for Game 6 of the Western Conference finals against Anaheim.
- Blues retain Ken Hitchcock as coach for another season Updated: May-26-15 6:03 pm
ST. LOUIS - After careful deliberation, the St. Louis Blues are sticking with veteran coach Ken Hitchcock for another season.
- Toews gets 2 to force OT, but Hawks drop Game 5 to Ducks 5-4 Updated: May-26-15 2:06 am
ANAHEIM, California - When Jonathan Toews scored twice in the final seconds to force overtime in Game 5, the Western Conference finals appeared to be bending under the weight of the Chicago Blackhawks' famed playoff tenacity.
- Beleskey scores in OT, Ducks beat Chicago 5-4 in wild Game 5 Updated: May-26-15 1:27 am
ANAHEIM, California - The Anaheim Ducks stumbled back to their dressing room after regulation in disbelief. Jonathan Toews had just scored two improbable goals in 72 seconds, and Game 5 of the Western Conference finals was headed into an overtime where everything seemed tilted toward Chicago.
- Ducks lose 5-4 to Blackhawks in Game 4 of Western final Updated: May-24-15 1:48 am
- Blackhawks recall defenseman Trevor van Riemsdyk from minors Updated: May-22-15 6:21 pm
- NHL salary cap will climb to $71 million next season Updated: May-21-15 10:02 pm
CHICAGO - NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman expects the salary cap for the 2015-16 season to settle in around $71 million, depending on the fluctuations of the Canadian dollar.
- Martin Brodeur becomes Blues' assistant general manager Updated: May-20-15 10:54 pm
ST. LOUIS - Record-setting goalie Martin Brodeur has signed a three-year contract to become the St. Louis Blues' assistant general manager.
- Chicago's Shaw heads puck into net for disallowed goal in OT Updated: May-20-15 1:39 am
- Blue Jackets assistant GM leaving for job with Colorado Updated: May-18-15 4:44 pm
- Canada routs defending champ Russia 6-1 to win hockey worlds Updated: May-17-15 6:42 pm
PRAGUE - Sidney Crosby led Canada to its first hockey world championship title since 2007 Sunday with a goal and an assist in a dominant 6-1 victory over defending champion Russia in the final.
- Chicago mayor raises stakes in hockey bet with Anaheim mayor Updated: May-17-15 2:54 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel has upped his friendly bet with his counterpart in Anaheim, California, on the outcome of the NHL's Western Conference finals.
- Wide array of experience in NHL conference finals Updated: May-16-15 4:14 pm
CHICAGO - When Blackhawks defenseman Kimmo Timonen made his NHL debut in 1998, Ducks defenseman Hampus Lindholm was 4 years old. Rangers forward Martin St. Louis had played in 1,154 games when forward Jonathan Drouin logged his first appearance with the Lightning in October.
- Dallas Stars players evacuate facility in police lockdown Updated: May-15-15 7:52 pm
FRISCO, Texas - Three Dallas Stars players are among those evacuated from the NHL franchise's practice facility as local police search for suspects in an armed robbery.
- Ducks' Getzlaf, Perry meet Hawks' Toews, Kane in West final Updated: May-15-15 7:17 pm
- Lightning a reminder southern hockey continues to thrive Updated: May-15-15 5:03 pm
FRANKLIN, Tennessee - About the time a new champion hoists the Stanley Cup, players from Canada, Latvia and Hungary will gather in Tennessee for four days to showcase their hockey talent for college coaches and junior league teams.
- Dallas Stars players evacuate facility in police lockdown Updated: May-15-15 2:56 pm
FRISCO, Texas - Three Dallas Stars players were among those evacuated from the NHL franchise's practice facility Friday as police searched for suspects in an armed robbery.
- Deal reached over Minnesota wild rice sulfate standards Updated: May-15-15 1:07 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Lawmakers have reached a compromise with Gov. Mark Dayton's administration that would temporarily prevent regulators from forcing mining companies to invest in new treatment technologies to protect wild rice from sulfate discharges.
- Protecting home ice could decide NHL's conference finals Updated: May-14-15 8:39 pm
- Blackhawks get time to recharge for showdown with Ducks Updated: May-13-15 2:29 am
- Ducks coach Boudreau finally gets his playoff redemption Updated: May-12-15 8:05 pm
- Blackhawks D Michal Rozsival has ankle surgery Updated: May-12-15 5:45 pm
- Re-signing Dubnyk tops Wild's offseason to-do list Updated: May-11-15 8:27 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Wild were humbled by their four-game sweep in the second round of the NHL playoffs by division rival Chicago.