- Hungary's Orban says illegal immigration threatens Europe Updated: Jul-25-15 8:16 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Illegal immigration is a threat to Hungary and all of Europe, with the biggest risk coming from hundreds of millions of people from the "depths of Africa" looking to escape poverty, Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban said Saturday.
- Hungary puts inmates to work on border fence to bar migrants Updated: Jul-16-15 4:35 pm
MORAHALOM, Hungary - Using materials prepared by inmates in Hungarian prisons, 900 soldiers will build a fence along Hungary's border with Serbia by December to stem the torrent of migrants, officials said Thursday - a project critics are comparing to Communist-era barriers like the Berlin Wall.
- Activists protest Hungary's building of anti-immigrant fence Updated: Jul-14-15 4:33 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Protesters on Tuesday called on the Hungarian government to abandon construction of an anti-immigrant fence of the border with Serbia and provide more support to refugees seeking asylum in the European Union.
- Satirical billboards tackle Hungary's anti-immigrant drive Updated: Jul-08-15 12:11 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Hundreds of crowd-funded satirical billboards with messages like "Sorry for our prime minister" and "Come to Hungary, we've got jobs in London" have been plastered across the country to counter the Hungarian government's anti-immigration campaign.
- Hungary: Fence on Serbia border forced step to stop migrants Updated: Jul-01-15 10:02 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - The fence Hungary wants to build on the Serbian border to stem the flow of illegal migrants is a "forced measure" not aimed at its southern neighbor, Hungary's prime minister said Wednesday.