- Miss. legalizing marijuana extract as medicine Updated: Apr-17-14 3:25 pm
- Bryant signs bills to limit union activities Updated: Apr-16-14 7:52 pm
- State senator released from Jackson hospital Updated: Apr-16-14 8:52 am
- Analysis: Justice, teacher pay top session issues Updated: Apr-05-14 5:26 pm
- Miss. governor signs religious practices bill Updated: Apr-03-14 6:56 pm
- Miss. House rejects texting-while-driving ban Updated: Apr-03-14 3:24 pm
- Miss. lawmakers finish budget, end 2014 session Updated: Apr-02-14 11:34 pm
- Miss. lawmakers approve 16 more prosecutors Updated: Apr-02-14 9:47 pm
- Miss. creating tax-free weekend for guns, ammo Updated: Apr-02-14 7:49 pm
- Miss. House rejects special education vouchers Updated: Apr-02-14 6:07 pm
- 2 confirmed as Mississippi Parole Board members Updated: Apr-02-14 3:10 pm
- State senator hospitalized in Jackson Updated: Apr-02-14 10:22 am
- Miss. gov says he will sign 20-week abortion ban Updated: Apr-01-14 9:19 pm
- Religious-practices bill headed to Miss. governor Updated: Apr-01-14 9:04 pm
- House and Senate pass bill to trim taxing powers Updated: Apr-01-14 6:01 pm
- Teacher pay plan calls for 3rd-year merit raises Updated: Apr-01-14 4:29 pm
- Mississippi lawmakers work on $6 billion budget Updated: Mar-31-14 11:34 pm
- Group works on Miss. health insurance enrollment Updated: Mar-31-14 8:08 pm
- Miss. lawmakers approve borrowing $230 million Updated: Mar-31-14 7:07 pm
- Miss. gov signs criminal-justice overhaul bill Updated: Mar-31-14 1:44 pm
- Miss. Senate confirms charter school board members Updated: Mar-27-14 8:01 pm
- Records disputes could go to Miss. ethics group Updated: Mar-26-14 1:08 pm
- 2 Miss. education board members await confirmation Updated: Mar-25-14 4:45 pm
- Miss. auditor gets power to examine jobs projects Updated: Mar-25-14 3:50 pm
- Miss. governor signs welfare drug-testing bill Updated: Mar-24-14 8:33 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant has signed a bill to legalize a marijuana extract to be used as medicine under tightly controlled circumstances.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Republican Gov. Phil Bryant on Wednesday signed three bills to limit union activities in Mississippi, saying he hopes they strengthen the state's reputation as a place where organized labor has little influence.
JACKSON, Mississippi - State Sen. Videt Carmichael is back home in Meridian after being hospitalized in Jackson since March 31 with a head injury.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi lawmakers used their 2014 session to enact substantial changes to the state's criminal justice system, give pay raises to teachers and a few thousand lower-paid state employees and put more money into training new state troopers.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant signed a bill Thursday that supporters say will assure unfettered practice of religion without government interference but that opponents worry could lead to state-sanctioned discrimination against gays and lesbians.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The state House says it's OK, so Mississippi drivers can text away.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi lawmakers ended their 2014 session Wednesday night after passing the final parts of a state budget for the year that begins July 1.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi lawmakers are approving 16 more prosecutors in circuit courts after they were prodded into action by Gov. Phil Bryant.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi will remove its 7 percent state sales tax on guns, ammunition, archery equipment and some hunting supplies the first weekend of each September.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Eleven Republicans provided the margin of defeat Wednesday as the House voted 63-57 to reject a bill that would have given vouchers worth more than $6,000 to parents of some Mississippi special education students.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Senate has confirmed two members of the state Parole Board.
JACKSON, Mississippi - State Sen. Videt Carmichael is hospitalized in Jackson for a head injury after falling at his apartment.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant said Tuesday that he looks forward to quickly signing a bill that would ban abortion at 20 weeks, the midpoint of a full-term pregnancy.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi lawmakers on Tuesday passed the final version of a bill that says state and local governments cannot put a substantial burden on religious practices, a measure that sparked debate about possible discrimination against gay people and other groups.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Lawmakers are moving ahead with tax collection changes that the state Department of Revenue warns could ultimately cost Mississippi more than $100 million a year.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Pay raises for Mississippi public school teachers are close to becoming law.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi lawmakers pushed through dozens of bills to write the state's $6 billion budget before a midnight Monday deadline.
JACKSON, Mississippi - In an office building a couple blocks north of the state Capitol, employees at the nonprofit Mississippi Health Advocacy Program worked Monday to help state residents apply for coverage through a federally run health insurance website.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi lawmakers are moving ahead with plans to borrow almost $230 million.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant on Monday signed a bill designed to make the criminal justice system more efficient and less expensive.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Senate has confirmed all six members of the state's first charter school governing board.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Ethics Commission could gain power to settle disputes over requests for public records.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Two members of the state Board of Education await confirmation in the Mississippi Senate.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi's elected state auditor is gaining new power to examine how money is spent on state-supported economic development projects.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant signed a welfare drug-testing bill on Monday, requiring those who test positive to get treatment in order to get cash.