- Real Estate Watch: Do rentals decrease nearby home... Updated: Nov-27-13 10:48 am
- NC AG says refusal of Medicaid expansion was wrong Updated: Nov-18-13 5:27 pm
- UNC names vice chancellor for public affairs Updated: Nov-11-13 4:43 pm
- Clarification: Deadly Seawater Bacteria story Updated: Nov-07-13 11:05 am
- UNC governors starts discussing tuition plan Updated: Nov-07-13 4:06 am
- Investigators seek cause of UNC dormitory fire Updated: Nov-06-13 3:39 pm
It's a long-held belief that rental properties hurt the values of nearby homes.
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - Democratic Attorney General Roy Cooper said Monday he can't see any reason why Gov. Pat McCrory and other Republicans leading the legislature refused to expand Medicaid coverage this year except for politics.
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - A senior executive in a public relations agency and an alumnus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill has been named the school's first vice chancellor for communications and public affairs.
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - In a story Oct. 11 about the deaths of 10 people who have died in Florida after eating raw oysters, The Associated Press paraphrased James Oliver, a University of North Carolina biologist, as having called the oysters "tainted" with bacteria. Oliver did not use the word "tainted" and was not suggesting that the bacteria were introduced to the product during processing. The bacteria on the oysters occur naturally and are not introduced during their processing.
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - The supervisors of North Carolina's public university system are starting discussions about the likely direction for tuition costs.
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - Authorities at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill are investigating the cause of a fire which damaged part of a residence hall.