- Squaw Valley to fete Reno-Tahoe Olympians March 21 Updated: Mar-02-14 5:51 pm
- Costly, political, successful: Sochi Olympics end Updated: Feb-23-14 2:23 pm
- IOC confident in success of anti-doping program Updated: Feb-23-14 10:16 am
- Bjoerndalen's farewell highlights Olympic biathlon Updated: Feb-23-14 7:17 am
- Analysis: Sochi Games, winding down: an assessment Updated: Feb-22-14 12:46 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: Skiing through chaos Updated: Feb-22-14 11:44 am
- Bach singles out Ukrainian win as standout moment Updated: Feb-22-14 11:15 am
- South Korea protests women's figure skating result Updated: Feb-22-14 5:55 am
- Ukraine wins women's biathlon relay for 1st gold Updated: Feb-21-14 2:12 pm
- Relay concludes women's biathlon at Sochi Olympics Updated: Feb-20-14 6:21 pm
- Russian Sotnikova wins gold, Kim silver Updated: Feb-20-14 4:49 pm
- Skier out of Olympics, citing violence in Ukraine Updated: Feb-20-14 11:04 am
- SOCHI SCENE: Keeping the focus Updated: Feb-20-14 5:09 am
- Bubka calls for halt to violence in Ukraine Updated: Feb-19-14 11:07 am
- 5 things to know about the Sochi Olympics Updated: Feb-19-14 10:51 am
- Ukraine crisis felt among athletes at Olympics Updated: Feb-19-14 9:09 am
- Bach praises 'great dignity' of Ukrainian athletes Updated: Feb-19-14 8:13 am
- Hard to handicap women's Olympic field Updated: Feb-18-14 2:39 am
- Domracheva eyes 3rd straight Olympic biathlon gold Updated: Feb-16-14 5:42 pm
- Siblings give family feel to Sochi Olympics Updated: Feb-16-14 6:52 am
- Tsuper wins gold, while an Aussie makes history Updated: Feb-14-14 4:21 pm
- China aims for top of podium in women's aerials Updated: Feb-13-14 7:00 pm
- Fall ends Le Guellec's chances in biathlon pursuit Updated: Feb-10-14 2:20 pm
- Ukraine: Political crisis won't derail 2022 bid Updated: Feb-09-14 5:58 am
- Attempt to hijack Turkish plane to Sochi foiled Updated: Feb-07-14 10:20 pm
RENO, Nevada - Squaw Valley is planning a special celebration at the Sierra ski resort March 21 to honor more than a dozen U.S. Olympians from the Reno-Lake Tahoe area who competed in the Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, including three who brought home gold.
SOCHI, Russia - Flushed with pride after its athletes' spectacular showing at the costliest Olympics ever, Russia celebrated Sunday night with a visually stunning finale that handed off a smooth but politically charged Winter Games to their next host, Pyeongchang in South Korea.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - At the midpoint of the Sochi Games, not yet marred by a single case of doping, the IOC's top medical official said its efforts to catch drug cheats were so successful they had scared them all away.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Weather worries. Track troubles. Ukraine's unity. Domracheva dominating. And Bjoerndalen being brilliant.
SOCHI, Russia - For organization, the Sochi Games deserve a solid 7 marks out of 10. Unless, of course, you had to shower in cold, brown water in an unfinished mountain hotel and griped about it to #SochiProblems on Twitter.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Ukraine's last remaining Alpine skier at the Sochi Olympics is competing with the blessing of his more famous and controversial teammate.
SOCHI, Russia - Ukraine's victory in the women's biathlon relay was the standout moment of the Sochi Olympics, a powerful symbol of unity during the country's bloody political crisis, IOC President Thomas Bach said Saturday.
SOCHI, Russia - The South Korean Olympic Committee has protested the results of the women's figure skating competition, although the sport's international governing body said Saturday it has not yet received the letter.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Four teammates stood proudly behind the Ukraine flag, smiles beaming, celebrating their country's first gold medal at the Sochi Olympics.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Darya Domracheva and Olga Zaitseva are chasing Olympic biathlon records in the 4x6-kilometer relay on Friday, the final women's event of the Sochi Games.
SOCHI, Russia - Russia's cupboard was so bare of world-class female figure skaters that the sport's most dominant nation had to turn to the kids a few years ago.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - A Ukrainian skier has withdrawn from the Olympics in response to the deaths of anti-government protesters in her country.
SOCHI, Russia - A video of the punk band Pussy Riot being assaulted by Russian authorities under a sign that reads "Sochi 2014" is garnering worldwide attention. A Ukrainian skier has pulled out of the Olympics as a political statement against the violence in Kiev. A gay activist drew headlines earlier in the week after being led away from Olympic Park.
SOCHI, Russia - His eyes welling with tears and voice choking with emotion, Ukrainian pole vault great Sergei Bubka appealed Wednesday to both sides in his homeland's political crisis to halt the violence that has claimed dozens of lives and brought the country "to the brink of catastrophe."
SOCHI, Russia - Fast five, Wednesday edition: Five things you'll want to know about the 2014 Winter Olympics.
SOCHI, Russia - Others tried to keep it from him, but Dmytro Mytsak knew what had happened before he took to the slopes.
SOCHI, Russia - IOC President Thomas Bach has expressed his condolences to victims of the violence in Ukraine and praised Ukraine's Olympic athletes for continuing to compete at the Sochi Games.
SOCHI, Russia - Like rock stars or Brazilian soccer players, the top women figure skaters often are referred to by just their first names - Yuna, Mao, Carolina, Gracie - and Olympic success will only swell the ranks of their devoted followers.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Darya Domracheva of Belarus is aiming for her third straight gold medal in Monday's final individual biathlon competition of the Sochi Olympics.
KRASNAYA GOLYANA, Russia - When Martin Fourcade won his first Olympic gold this week, the French biathlete got to celebrate in the finish area with the teammate he grew up trying to beat - older brother Simon.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Lydia Lassila already has a gold medal sitting back home in Australia.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - When China decided to hand over its fledgling aerials program to Peter Judge 11 years ago, the Canadian helped unleash what former Chinese coach Dustin Wilson called a "Pandora's Box."
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Canadian biathlete Jean-Philippe le Guellec was in the lead of the men's 12.5-kilometer pursuit on Monday when he became another victim of the treacherous soft snow on the Sochi Olympic course.
SOCHI, Russia - With the political crisis at home showing no signs of abating, Ukrainian officials insisted Sunday that their bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics will not be derailed - and will help unite the country.
ANKARA, Turkey - A Ukrainian man tried to hijack a Turkey-bound flight to Sochi, Russia, as the Winter Olympics were kicking off Friday, but the pilot tricked him and landed in Istanbul instead, where he was stealthily detained after a four-hour stand-off on a plane full of passengers, an official said.