- Marlins 2B Dee Gordon suspended 80 games for PEDs Updated: Apr-29-16 3:12 am
- Windy City Surge: Cubs, White Sox have MLB's best records Updated: Apr-28-16 2:51 am
CHICAGO - Robin Ventura remembers the excitement in New York when the Mets and Yankees faced off in the World Series, and he can imagine what it would be like in Chicago if both teams made it.
- Collins won't face suspension from MLB over gesture at fans Updated: Apr-26-16 9:19 pm
DETROIT - Tigers outfielder Tyler Collins will not be suspended by Major League Baseball for directing an obscene gesture at booing home fans in Detroit after losing a ball in the lights Monday night.
- Braves drop 5th in row, Blair does well in MLB debut vs Mets Updated: Apr-24-16 6:50 pm
ATLANTA - Aaron Blair gave the Atlanta Braves a chance to win in his major league debut. That's at least more than some of their pitchers have done so far this season.
- MLB's 1st Dominican umpire debuts in Indians-Tigers game Updated: Apr-22-16 10:41 pm
- Pete Rose has MLB OK to appear at Triple-A Rochester NY game Updated: Apr-22-16 6:43 pm
Pete Rose has been granted yet another break from his lifetime ban from Major League Baseball.
- How to watch baseball online in 2016 Updated: Apr-22-16 12:02 pm
NEW YORK - It's a little easier to watch baseball online this year, though no one would call it safe at home quite yet.
- Worried about Zika, MLB players question Puerto Rico games Updated: Apr-21-16 7:15 pm
- Study: MLB teams could do better hiring minorities, women Updated: Apr-20-16 11:44 am
Major League Baseball teams could do a better job of hiring minority candidates for managing and GM posts or women for VP and other administrative positions, according to an annual report released Wednesday.
- Family of man killed in Turner Field fall sues Braves, MLB Updated: Apr-20-16 5:46 am
- MLB, players' union extend Olivera's paid leave thru May 3 Updated: Apr-19-16 7:28 pm
- Phillies' Stumpf suspended 80 games for positive drug test Updated: Apr-14-16 11:43 am
PHILADELPHIA - Phillies reliever Daniel Stumpf was suspended for 80 games by Major League Baseball on Thursday after testing positive for a banned performance-enhancing substance.
- Police: Braves' Hector Olivera arrested, accused of assault Updated: Apr-13-16 6:55 pm
- Jackie Robinson's Brooklyn Dodgers contract on view in NYC Updated: Apr-12-16 2:47 pm
NEW YORK - Jackie Robinson's contract with the Brooklyn Dodgers that broke Major League Baseball's color barrier is on public view in New York and soon in other places, as well.
- Bring the heat: Major League Baseball off to chilly start Updated: Apr-11-16 1:58 am
CHICAGO - Cleveland Indians manager Terry Francona was making a cup of tea in the clubhouse this weekend when he spilled hot water on his hand.
- Major leaguers trying to figure out proper slide into 2nd Updated: Apr-09-16 6:01 pm
Something that used to be second nature in baseball - sliding hard into second base to prevent a double play - is deciding games and giving major leaguers fits a week into the season. From the AL to the NL, runners making that 90-foot dash are wondering: What's acceptable anymore?
- Padres tie MLB record by starting with 26 scoreless innings Updated: Apr-06-16 11:58 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Padres have tied the major league record with 26 straight scoreless innings to start a season.
- Japanese pitcher Maeda homers in 2nd at-bat of MLB debut Updated: Apr-06-16 10:36 pm
- Yankees decline to file protest with MLB over disputed call Updated: Apr-06-16 7:00 pm
- Jacqueline Parkes resigns as MLB's chief marketing officer Updated: Apr-06-16 4:33 pm
NEW YORK - Jacqueline Parkes is resigning as Major League Baseball's chief marketing officer, a job she has held since 2008.
- AP NewsBreak: MLB approves wearable technology Updated: Apr-05-16 9:13 pm
NEW YORK - Wearable technology is coming to Major League Baseball.
- Rockies' Story sets MLB record with 2 homers Updated: Apr-04-16 11:46 pm
PHOENIX - Monday night marked a storybook beginning for Trevor Story's major league career.
- MLB's new Utley Rule costs Braves a baserunner against Nats Updated: Apr-04-16 7:32 pm
- Opening day: Flurries early in Pittsburgh, flag up in KC Updated: Apr-04-16 12:39 am
Cardinals leadoff man Matt Carpenter walked up to the plate, shook hands with the umpire, greeted the Pittsburgh catcher and got comfortable in the batter's box.
- Freese gets 1st hit of new MLB season, Tulowitzki has 1st HR Updated: Apr-03-16 7:04 pm
David Freese of the Pirates got the first hit of the new Major League Baseball season and Toronto star Troy Tulowitzki hit the first home run.