- Baseball scraps Puerto Rico series amid Zika concerns Updated: May-06-16 7:03 pm
NEW YORK - Zika virus concerns have forced the Pirates-Marlins series out of Puerto Rico, with the two games instead shifted to Miami this month.
- All those questions about Zika's threat even touch baseball Updated: May-06-16 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Scientists know the Zika virus causes devastating birth defects but they can't yet tell how big a threat it is or what to do about it. It's not just pregnant women who are worried - now it's touched baseball.
- Commissioner: Decision imminent on MLB games in Puerto Rico Updated: May-05-16 7:53 pm
- Dodgers' pitcher Ravin given 80-game drug suspension Updated: May-02-16 7:40 pm
NEW YORK - Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Josh Ravin was suspended Monday for 80 games following a positive test under Major League Baseball's drug program.
- Banned Marlins star Dee Gordon says he unknowingly took PEDs Updated: Apr-29-16 9:51 pm
MIAMI - To the president of the Miami Marlins, whatever star Dee Gordon did to trigger a positive drug test still amounted to one thing.
- Windy City Surge: Cubs, White Sox have MLB's best records Updated: Apr-28-16 2:51 am
CHICAGO - Robin Ventura remembers the excitement in New York when the Mets and Yankees faced off in the World Series, and he can imagine what it would be like in Chicago if both teams made it.
- Collins won't face suspension from MLB over gesture at fans Updated: Apr-26-16 9:19 pm
DETROIT - Tigers outfielder Tyler Collins will not be suspended by Major League Baseball for directing an obscene gesture at booing home fans in Detroit after losing a ball in the lights Monday night.
- MLB's 1st Dominican umpire debuts in Indians-Tigers game Updated: Apr-22-16 10:41 pm
- Pete Rose has MLB OK to appear at Triple-A Rochester NY game Updated: Apr-22-16 6:43 pm
Pete Rose has been granted yet another break from his lifetime ban from Major League Baseball.
- How to watch baseball online in 2016 Updated: Apr-22-16 12:02 pm
NEW YORK - It's a little easier to watch baseball online this year, though no one would call it safe at home quite yet.
- Study: MLB teams could do better hiring minorities, women Updated: Apr-20-16 11:44 am
Major League Baseball teams could do a better job of hiring minority candidates for managing and GM posts or women for VP and other administrative positions, according to an annual report released Wednesday.
- Family of man killed in Turner Field fall sues Braves, MLB Updated: Apr-20-16 5:46 am
- MLB, players' union extend Olivera's paid leave thru May 3 Updated: Apr-19-16 7:28 pm
- Phillies' Stumpf suspended 80 games for positive drug test Updated: Apr-14-16 11:43 am
PHILADELPHIA - Phillies reliever Daniel Stumpf was suspended for 80 games by Major League Baseball on Thursday after testing positive for a banned performance-enhancing substance.
- Police: Braves' Hector Olivera arrested, accused of assault Updated: Apr-13-16 6:55 pm
- Jackie Robinson's Brooklyn Dodgers contract on view in NYC Updated: Apr-12-16 2:47 pm
NEW YORK - Jackie Robinson's contract with the Brooklyn Dodgers that broke Major League Baseball's color barrier is on public view in New York and soon in other places, as well.
- Bring the heat: Major League Baseball off to chilly start Updated: Apr-11-16 1:58 am
CHICAGO - Cleveland Indians manager Terry Francona was making a cup of tea in the clubhouse this weekend when he spilled hot water on his hand.
- Major leaguers trying to figure out proper slide into 2nd Updated: Apr-09-16 6:01 pm
Something that used to be second nature in baseball - sliding hard into second base to prevent a double play - is deciding games and giving major leaguers fits a week into the season. From the AL to the NL, runners making that 90-foot dash are wondering: What's acceptable anymore?
- Padres tie MLB record by starting with 26 scoreless innings Updated: Apr-06-16 11:58 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Padres have tied the major league record with 26 straight scoreless innings to start a season.
- Japanese pitcher Maeda homers in 2nd at-bat of MLB debut Updated: Apr-06-16 10:36 pm
- Yankees decline to file protest with MLB over disputed call Updated: Apr-06-16 7:00 pm
- Jacqueline Parkes resigns as MLB's chief marketing officer Updated: Apr-06-16 4:33 pm
NEW YORK - Jacqueline Parkes is resigning as Major League Baseball's chief marketing officer, a job she has held since 2008.