- Seattle 1B Choi banned 50 games for positive test Updated: Apr-17-14 5:31 pm
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Robinson debut Updated: Apr-15-14 7:33 pm
- Bud Selig calls replay start 'remarkable' Updated: Apr-15-14 5:05 pm
- Pro sports becoming more open to paternity leave Updated: Apr-14-14 10:23 am
- Texas Rangers mark 20 years in home ballpark Updated: Apr-10-14 6:42 pm
- Porter says plate collision rule needs clarity Updated: Apr-09-14 7:28 pm
- Braun booed in first road game since suspension Updated: Apr-04-14 8:03 pm
- Baseball donates $225K to mudslide relief effort Updated: Apr-02-14 3:21 pm
- MLB back with replays, metal detectors, comebacks Updated: Apr-01-14 2:43 am
- Braun gets standing ovation in Brewers opener Updated: Mar-31-14 2:53 pm
- Phillies SS Rollins record with 14th opener in row Updated: Mar-31-14 2:53 pm
- MLB ticket price average $27.94 after 2 pct rise Updated: Mar-31-14 2:48 pm
- APNewsBreak: Dodgers set payroll record at $234M Updated: Mar-30-14 9:45 pm
- MLB toughens drug agreement after Biogenesis Updated: Mar-28-14 9:06 pm
- US college sports system a rarity across the globe Updated: Mar-27-14 6:23 pm
- Davis has healthy outlook in bid for strong encore Updated: Mar-27-14 3:40 pm
- Clark confirmed as new head of MLB players' union Updated: Mar-27-14 1:18 pm
- MLB 2014: Pitching prospects could have impact Updated: Mar-26-14 9:11 pm
- Forbes: Yankees worth big league-high $2.5B Updated: Mar-26-14 11:50 am
- 2014 Summer Sports Schedule Updated: Mar-26-14 9:56 am
- Locals love it as MLB makes quick trip Down Under Updated: Mar-23-14 12:12 pm
- Replay wizards becoming key positions on MLB teams Updated: Mar-21-14 6:11 pm
NEW YORK - Marking the 67th anniversary of the day Jackie Robinson broke baseball's color barrier, the Rev. Jesse Jackson praised Commissioner Bud Selig for the strides the sport has taken in minority opportunities over the past two decades.
NEW YORK - Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig says the sport's new replay system is working well despite a few problems during its first two weeks.
Tony Perez was on the road with the Cincinnati Reds in 1966 when he got the call that his first child was on the way. There was no discussion about leaving the team to attend Victor's birth, no such thing as paternity leave.
ARLINGTON, Texas - A perfect game, Major League Baseball's first regular-season interleague game and consecutive World Series for the Texas Rangers.
TORONTO - Major League Baseball's new rule on home plate collisions is causing some confusion.
BOSTON - From the boos to the bad at-bats, Ryan Braun's first road game since his 65-game suspension was a rough afternoon.
Jimmy Rollins began the season with a slam, Neil Walker with a walkoff homer and the Washington Nationals with a thrilling ninth-inning comeback.
MILWAUKEE - Ryan Braun has received a standing ovation in his first at-bat back with the Brewers following his 65-game suspension last season.
ARLINGTON, Texas - Jimmy Rollins made his 14th straight opening-day start for the Philadelphia Phillies, matching Cal Ripken's major league record for the most consecutive seasons starting at shortstop for the same franchise.
CHICAGO - Major League Baseball's average ticket price rose 2 percent this season to $27.93, the steepest rise since a 5 percent hike in 2009, according to the Team Marketing Report's annual survey.
NEW YORK - The Los Angeles Dodgers set a record with an opening-day payroll of $234 million Sunday, according to a study of big league contracts by The Associated Press.
NEW YORK - In the wake of the Biogenesis scandal that led to 14 suspensions last summer, Major League Baseball and its players' union announced Friday they are toughening penalties and increasing the frequency of testing in the most substantial revisions to their drug agreement in eight years.
The U.S. college sports system, which generates billions of dollars and draws millions of fans and viewers every year, is a rarity across the globe.
SARASOTA, Florida - On his 28th birthday last week, Chris Davis forked his way through a massive piece of peanut-butter cream pie.
NEW YORK - Tony Clark has been confirmed as the new head of the Major League Baseball Players Association.
Some of the young arms have arrived, and a few more will make it to the majors this summer. Either way, there are a lot of promising pitching prospects poised to impact the playoff races in 2014.
Sunday, June 1=
KISSIMMEE, Florida - Propped up next to a satellite production truck, peering at a laptop outside Osceola County Stadium, Cullen McRae was practicing.