- Ohio lawmakers look to improve vicious dog law Updated: Apr-13-14 11:26 am
- Ohio begins pushback against college player unions Updated: Apr-12-14 1:25 pm
- Ohio House approves Kasich's midterm budget bill Updated: Apr-09-14 9:43 pm
- Lawmakers OK bill on allergy shots in Ohio schools Updated: Apr-09-14 3:25 pm
- Ohio energy group opposes lifting Ohio targets Updated: Apr-09-14 3:05 pm
- Ohio panel: College athletes aren't employees Updated: Apr-08-14 10:15 pm
- Funding cut threat for absentee ballots eliminated Updated: Apr-08-14 9:13 pm
- Ohio lawmaker renews call for judge's impeachment Updated: Apr-07-14 2:16 pm
- May primary offers array of legislative contenders Updated: Apr-07-14 1:18 pm
- Ohio lawmaker charged with fraud appears in court Updated: Apr-07-14 12:11 pm
- Ohio House passes bill allowing firearms silencers Updated: Apr-02-14 4:57 pm
- Ohio bill would boost hit-and-run driver penalties Updated: Apr-02-14 4:41 pm
- Ohio to require reporting of drug-addicted babies Updated: Apr-02-14 3:29 pm
- Lawmakers take step to deal with Lake Erie algae Updated: Mar-29-14 11:28 am
- Ohio lawmaker to donate kidney to wife of 40 years Updated: Mar-28-14 11:47 am
- Ohio bill would require notice for overpaid taxes Updated: Mar-27-14 3:06 am
- Ohio governor OKs 4 extra 'snow days' for schools Updated: Mar-26-14 3:25 pm
- $2.4 billion construction budget clears Ohio House Updated: Mar-26-14 3:20 pm
- Deal allows Tesla to sell cars in Ohio Updated: Mar-26-14 6:37 am
- Benefit of plan to hike Ohio drillers tax disputed Updated: Mar-24-14 5:31 pm
- Law grants adoptees access to birth certificates Updated: Mar-22-14 3:53 pm
- Ohio Dems propose public record changes in budget Updated: Mar-19-14 6:06 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Ohio lawmakers are planning to introduce bipartisan legislation aimed at strengthening the state's vicious dog law, following the mauling death of a Dayton woman by two dogs in front of her home.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - State pushback against a movement to unionize college athletes has begun in Ohio, the football-loving heart of a heated anti-labor campaign in 2011 and home to one of America's highest-grossing collegiate franchises, the Ohio State Buckeyes.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio representatives from both political parties criticized Republican Gov. John Kasich on Wednesday for saddling them with a midterm budget bill heavily loaded with disparate proposals they called unsuited to a non-budget year.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A bill making it easier for schools, camps and coaches to stock general-use supplies of epinephrine shots used to counter allergic reactions is headed to the governor after clearing the Ohio Legislature.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio alternative energy producers are fighting a new Senate proposal to halt the phase-in of Ohio's clean- and advanced-energy targets.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Ohio legislative panel has approved a budget proposal saying college athletes are not employees under state law.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Counties that mail out absentee ballots in violation of state law will no longer face the threat of losing funding after a committee in the GOP-led Ohio House removed language from Gov. John Kasich's midterm budget Tuesday following strong pushback from both Democrats and Republicans.
CINCINNATI - A state lawmaker has reiterated his call for the impeachment of a federal judge who plans to order Ohio to recognize out-of-state gay marriages.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Primary candidates vying to be in the Ohio Legislature include former lawmakers, spouses and daughters of state representatives, and current state legislators looking to change chambers.
CINCINNATI - A southwestern Ohio lawmaker was in court Monday on charges that he misled investors about a company's financial status and used their money for personal gain
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Hunters could use silencers on their guns while hunting certain game under a proposal that passed the Ohio House on Wednesday.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio House has passed a bill to increase penalties for drivers who don't stop after accidents resulting in death or serious injury to a person.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Hospital maternity units and newborn care nurseries would have to report the number of infants born addicted to drugs under a bill headed to Ohio's governor.
TOLEDO, Ohio - A new rule being considered by Ohio lawmakers would impact farmers and take a step toward reducing toxic algae in Lake Erie.
CLEVELAND - A northeast Ohio lawmaker is donating a kidney to his wife of 40 years to help her overcome an autoimmune disease.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Businesses and taxpayers would be notified when they overpay their taxes under a bill passed by the Ohio House.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's governor sought to make civics cool for a group of elementary students Wednesday as he signed a bill giving them four extra calamity days this year.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio House has passed a nearly $2.4 billion state construction budget that funds a host of community, school, park and prison projects.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio auto dealers have struck an agreement that will allow Tesla Motors to sell its electric cars in the state.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The administration of Republican Ohio Gov. John Kasich is differing with legislative budget analysts on how much a proposed tax increase on big oil-and-gas drillers will generate, as the two sides move toward a compromise this week.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Ohio law now in effect lets biological parents of adoptees decide whether to redact their names or include contact preferences in records that will soon be made available to certain adoptees.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Democratic state lawmakers are seeking to put their own touch on Republican Gov. John Kasich's (KAY'-siks) midterm budget.