- Correction: Renewable Energy Targets story Updated: Jul-29-15 10:08 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - In a story July 25 about the debate over Ohio's alternative energy targets, The Associated Press misstated the title of Greg Lawson. He is a Statehouse liaison and policy analyst for the Buckeye Institute for Public Policy Solutions, not its lobbyist.
- Ohio ex-lawmaker considering options after theft conviction Updated: Jul-28-15 1:52 pm
PORT CLINTON, Ohio - A former northern Ohio lawmaker who was convicted of theft and consequently removed from office immediately says he's disappointed in the verdict and will consider his legal options.
- Ohio lawmaker convicted of theft, immediately out of office Updated: Jul-27-15 5:08 pm
PORT CLINTON, Ohio - A northern Ohio lawmaker accused of stealing antiques and other items from a home while doing work as an auctioneer has been convicted on a felony theft charge and immediately removed from office under state law.
- Senators want to change how Ohio draws congressional lines Updated: Jul-23-15 4:23 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A bipartisan proposal in Ohio seeks to overhaul how the swing state draws its congressional districts.
- Ohio to require students to be immunized against meningitis Updated: Jul-17-15 3:10 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio will require students to be immunized against meningitis under a new law.
- Governor signs bill handing over Youngstown schools to CEO Updated: Jul-16-15 3:38 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's governor has signed into law a plan that would place a CEO in charge of running Youngstown's beleaguered city schools.
- Ohio elections chief gets text of anti-monopoly measure Updated: Jul-01-15 5:49 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The text of a hastily passed proposal to ban monopolies and cartels in Ohio's constitution has been delivered to the state elections chief for placement on the November ballot.
- Bill allows sale of 2nd Ohio prison to private operator Updated: Jul-01-15 4:06 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The state can sell a central Ohio prison to a private company under a bill on the way to Gov. John Kasich, creating the second privately owned and operated correctional institution in the state.
- Kasich signs $71B, 2-year budget after vetoing 44 items Updated: Jun-30-15 10:44 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich on Tuesday signed a $71.2 billion, two-year state budget that continues his expansion of the Medicaid health program and provides an income-tax cut.
- Bill extending rape case prosecution heads to governor Updated: Jun-30-15 2:45 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A bill extending the time period for prosecuting rape and sexual battery to 25 years after the crime is headed to the desk of Ohio Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik).
- Ohio lawmakers won't adjust redistricting ballot issue Updated: Jun-30-15 9:43 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's Senate president says a fall ballot issue proposing changes to Ohio's system for drawing legislative districts won't be revisited to include congressional lines as a result of a U.S. Supreme Court decision.