- Ohio lawmakers honor state's military dead in ceremony Updated: May-21-15 2:48 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - State lawmakers have honored six Ohio members of the military who died recently in U.S. combat operations.
- Ohio proposal would permit barricade devices in schools Updated: May-20-15 3:14 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A bill that could make it easier for schools to install barricade devices on doors in emergencies has cleared an Ohio House committee.
- House to weigh expanding STD treatment to patients' partners Updated: May-20-15 10:52 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio House plans to vote on a proposal to allow health professionals to treat the partners of patients with chlamydia, trichomoniasis or gonorrhea without first examining them.
- Bill makes Ohio requirement of presentence report optional Updated: May-19-15 12:08 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio House has approved a bill aimed at saving money and the amount of time some inmates spend in jail before sentencing.
- Ohio bill would stiffen penalties for fleeing an accident Updated: May-17-15 2:07 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A bill passed recently by the Ohio House would stiffen the penalties for failing to stop after a traffic accident that results in a person dying or being seriously injured.
- Reports differ on Medicaid changes House made to Ohio budget Updated: May-16-15 11:46 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A Cleveland-based organization led by Ohio's former Medicaid director says House changes to the Medicaid program in the state budget could result in hundreds of thousands losing health coverage.
- Defenders of term limits take fight to Ohio's capital city Updated: May-14-15 6:51 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Opponents of a proposal to extend term limits for Ohio state lawmakers say they'll take their fight to the ballot if need be.
- Ohio bill would bar execution of the seriously mentally ill Updated: May-13-15 5:46 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Ohio proposal would ban the execution of killers who had a serious mental illness at the time they committed the offense.
- Ohio House votes to extend period for prosecuting rape cases Updated: May-12-15 5:06 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio House has passed a bill to extend the time period for prosecuting rape and sexual battery to 25 years after the crime.
- Ohio jabs Connecticut in Wright brothers 1st flight fight Updated: May-12-15 3:35 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's fight to defend the legacy of the Wright brothers soared forward Tuesday in a unanimous vote to repudiate Connecticut's claim that another aviator beat them as first in flight.
- New bill would require Ohio children to wear bike helmets Updated: May-10-15 11:46 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A state lawmaker wants to increase the use of bicycle helmets with a proposal that would require children 16 or younger to wear a helmet while riding their bikes.
- Panel continues review of Ohio's alternative energy targets Updated: May-07-15 4:19 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A committee evaluating the future of Ohio's alternative-energy standards is continuing to gather testimony from experts.
- Proposed legislation would expand concealed weapons in Ohio Updated: May-06-15 6:13 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A series of proposed gun laws would expand concealed weapons in Ohio by potentially allowing them in places like churches or day cares and letting certain gun owners carry concealed weapons without a permit.
- Ohio Senate OKs tax breaks on college savings accounts Updated: May-06-15 4:38 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A proposal to increase state tax benefits on college savings accounts has cleared the Ohio Senate.
- US Senate candidate proposes to girlfriend, she says yes Updated: May-06-15 3:04 am
CINCINNATI - A Cincinnati councilman running for U.S. Senate is getting hitched.
- Ohio lawmaker wants superintendent to talk e-school truancy Updated: May-05-15 11:58 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A state lawmaker wants the chance to question Ohio's top public-schools official about newly surfaced allegations that an online charter school failed to withdraw hundreds of chronically truant students in order to pad its rolls.
- Ohio House honors prison system's warden of the year Updated: May-01-15 3:10 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio House has honored a 28-year veteran of the state corrections agency as its warden of the year.
- Senate committee makes recommendations on standardized tests Updated: Apr-30-15 7:28 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Requiring students to take standardized tests that are shorter and given once a year instead of twice is among the recommendations of an Ohio Senate advisory committee charged with studying the issue.
- Ohio budget director takes issue with House spending plan Updated: Apr-30-15 2:20 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's budget director took issue Thursday with changes the Republican-led House made to tax policies, school funding and other areas of Gov. John Kasich's state budget proposal.
- Ohio budget director defends Kasich school funding plan Updated: Apr-29-15 5:23 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The state's budget director on Wednesday criticized a budget bill passed by the House for guaranteeing that no school district loses money even when it experiences declines in enrollment and other marked changes.
- Ohio Senate OKs bill to ban sales of pure caffeine products Updated: Apr-29-15 2:28 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Selling pure caffeine products would become a misdemeanor offense under a measure that has passed the Ohio Senate.
- GOP lawmakers seek photo ID requirements for Ohio voters Updated: Apr-29-15 11:53 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Several Republican lawmakers in Ohio say they plan to introduce legislation to require voters in the swing state to show photo identification at the polls.
- Ohio proposal would make police train for dealing with dogs Updated: Apr-26-15 10:55 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Police officers in Ohio may soon be required to undergo training in dealing with dogs that they encounter on the job.
- Ohio Statehouse marks 150th anniversary of Lincoln's repose Updated: Apr-25-15 1:49 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Statehouse is preparing for its part in 150th anniversary commemorations nationwide of Abraham Lincoln's assassination.