- Wennberg lifts Blue Jackets over Canucks 2-1 in shootout Updated: Feb-05-16 3:21 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Columbus coach John Tortorella wasn't looking for any special fanfare in his first visit to Vancouver since the Canucks fired him after a single season.
- Jordan Eberle's 2 goals lead Oilers in 7-2 rout of Senators Updated: Feb-05-16 12:58 am
- Simmonds scores twice to lead Flyers past Predators 6-3 Updated: Feb-05-16 12:12 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - No one appears to be able to stop Wayne Simmonds right now.
- Parenteau's shootout goal gives Leafs 3-2 win over Devils Updated: Feb-05-16 12:08 am
TORONTO - Moments after his 1,000th NHL game - and 546th win - Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock laid out his long-range blueprint.
- Ryan Spooner leads Bruins past Sabres 3-2 in shootout Updated: Feb-04-16 11:49 pm
- Panthers win 5th straight by beating Red Wings 6-3 Updated: Feb-04-16 11:35 pm
SUNRISE, Florida - The Florida Panthers are doing more than just winning. They're routing opponents, thanks to the best scoring roll the long-struggling franchise has ever enjoyed.
- Brassard scores winner in 3rd, Rangers rally past Wild 4-2 Updated: Feb-04-16 11:29 pm
NEW YORK - With his team down two goals after the first period, coach Alain Vigneault didn't make a big speech to rally the inconsistent New York Rangers.
- Capitals' Ovechkin scores winner in return vs. Islanders Updated: Feb-04-16 11:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Braden Holtby began feeling like he was playing the first game after a summer off, and Alex Ovechkin needed a few shifts to get back into a rhythm. Once they got going, the Washington Capitals were back to normal.
- Leighton on verge of breaking Bower's AHL shutout record Updated: Feb-04-16 6:34 pm
Most hockey fans remember Michael Leighton as the goaltender who gave up Patrick Kane's Stanley Cup-winning goal in 2010. Now he's one shutout away from a much more favorable place in history.
- Senators grill personnel office nominee over data hack Updated: Feb-04-16 2:48 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's nominee to head the Office of Personnel Management on Thursday promised to strengthen the agency's cybersecurity and information technology systems after what's believed to be the largest data breach in U.S. history.
- Penguins center Evgeni Malkin to miss 2 games with injury Updated: Feb-04-16 1:39 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Penguins center Evgeni Malkin is dealing with a lower-body injury and will miss a two-game road trip through Florida this weekend.
- Buffalo Sabres, cancer center launch prevention campaign Updated: Feb-04-16 3:10 am
BUFFALO, New York - The Buffalo Sabres and an upstate cancer center have announced a partnership aimed at helping hockey fans prevent and detect cancer.
- Monahan powers Flames to 4-1 win over Hurricanes Updated: Feb-04-16 1:58 am
CALGARY, Alberta - Sean Monahan broke out of a slump in a big way for the Calgary Flames.
- Bishop earns 100th win with Lightning, beats Red Wings 3-1 Updated: Feb-04-16 12:28 am
TAMPA, Florida - The All-Star break did nothing to cool the surging Tampa Bay Lightning.
- McGinn, Larsson lift Sabres past slumping Canadiens 4-2 Updated: Feb-03-16 11:29 pm
- Richt's first class at Miami is made up of 18 signees Updated: Feb-03-16 6:49 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - Mark Richt's first Miami recruiting class has a distinct Florida feel.
- Woe is Canada as its NHL teams struggle and its dollar drops Updated: Feb-03-16 2:12 am
- McDavid scores in return, Oilers beat Jackets 5-1 Updated: Feb-03-16 1:16 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - Connor McDavid's highlight-reel goal Tuesday night was eerily similar to the play that cracked his clavicle nearly three months ago.
- Huberdeau leads Panthers past Caps 5-2 for 4th straight win Updated: Feb-02-16 11:50 pm
WASHINGTON - Beating the defending Stanley Cup and Eastern Conference champions, along with the top team in the NHL this season, says something about the upstart Florida Panthers. The way they've done it says even more.
- Parenteau scores in OT, Leafs come back to beat Bruins 4-3 Updated: Feb-02-16 11:44 pm
BOSTON - The Toronto Maple Leafs had plenty to celebrate Tuesday night.
- Berube, Nelson lead Islanders to 5-3 win over Wild Updated: Feb-02-16 11:44 pm
NEW YORK - Mobbed at center ice after his first NHL win, Jean-Francois Berube was understandably all smiles after the game. So were his teammates.
- Flyers top Canadiens 4-2 behind 2 goals from Simmonds Updated: Feb-02-16 11:22 pm
PHILADELPHIA - With the Flyers hoping for a playoff push ahead, Wayne Simmonds showed he just might lead the charge.
- Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators, 6-5 Updated: Feb-02-16 11:14 pm
PITTSBURGH - Sidney Crosby is back to doing Sidney Crosby things. The Pittsburgh Penguins are winning.
- Maple Leafs pay tribute to past teams with new logo Updated: Feb-02-16 10:52 pm
TORONTO - The Toronto Maple Leafs have unveiled a new logo for the first time in more than 45 years in anticipation of their centennial season.
- David Schlemko's power-play goal leads Devils over Rangers Updated: Feb-02-16 10:43 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The New Jersey Devils aren't going away. The fade everyone expected isn't happening.