- Rangers once again facing elimination, been there, done that Updated: May-25-15 12:11 am
NEW YORK - The New York Rangers will need another comeback to keep their Stanley Cup drive alive.
- Stamkos has goal and assist, Lightning beat Rangers 2-0 Updated: May-25-15 12:00 am
NEW YORK - Scoring goals made the Tampa Bay Lightning one of the NHL's most entertaining teams this season. Playing defense for the first time in three games has them within a victory of the Stanley Cup finals for the second time in franchise history.
- Sens. Reed, McCain lead visit to Vietnam, Singapore Updated: May-24-15 5:22 pm
- Lightning stymied by Lundqvist in 5-1 loss to Rangers Updated: May-23-15 12:29 am
- Lundqvist stands tall, Rangers beat Lightning 5-1 in Game 4 Updated: May-23-15 12:21 am
TAMPA, Florida - Henrik Lundqvist and a couple of other old standbys picked a nice time to reassert themselves for the New York Rangers.
- Senators sing blues over impasse; GOP hopefuls stuck in DC Updated: May-22-15 10:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Two senators have a plane to catch to Cuba, others were hoping to impress Republican presidential primary voters and then there's Sen. Lamar Alexander, who is slated to deliver a sunset piano performance of "Ol' Man River" on the banks of the Mississippi.
- Babcock bids emotional farewell in Detroit Updated: May-22-15 2:59 pm
- Fetisov wants to ban young Russians from going to NHL Updated: May-22-15 10:08 am
MOSCOW - Former Detroit Red Wings star Slava Fetisov has called for Russia to reintroduce Soviet-style restrictions to prevent promising young hockey players from moving to the NHL.
- Penguins GM: Dan Bylsma free to pursue any coaching job Updated: May-21-15 7:38 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Former Pittsburgh Penguins coach Dan Bylsma is free to take any job opening, including the Buffalo Sabres' vacancy.
- Senators owner, donor doing well after liver transplant Updated: May-21-15 5:48 pm
TORONTO - Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk is recovering well after his liver transplant. All his donor wants in return is for the team to win the Stanley Cup.
- Mike Babcock faces 'massive challenge' as Maple Leafs' coach Updated: May-21-15 5:02 pm
TORONTO - Brendan Shanahan's first conversation with Mike Babcock about the Toronto Maple Leafs' coaching position was more of a disclaimer than a sales pitch. The club president wanted Babcock to know how far away the Leafs are from being a winning team.
- After Babcock's departure, Detroit's focus turns to Blashill Updated: May-20-15 7:44 pm
DETROIT - Red Wings general manager Ken Holland says he wants to talk to minor league coach Jeff Blashill about Detroit's coaching vacancy.
- Boston Bruins elevate Don Sweeney to general manager Updated: May-20-15 3:05 pm
BOSTON - On his first day as general manager of the Boston Bruins, Don Sweeney met with Claude Julien and declined to give his Stanley Cup-winning coach more than a tepid endorsement.
- AP source: Buffalo Sabres out of running for Mike Babcock Updated: May-20-15 2:21 pm
- Blue Jackets tap Nick Foligno as first captain in 3 years Updated: May-20-15 1:03 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Like father, like son: Nick Foligno now is an NHL captain just like his dad was.
- Senators sign Andrew Hammond to $4 million, 3-year deal Updated: May-20-15 10:53 am
- Public trail work begins on historic Hudson River island Updated: May-20-15 9:12 am
FORT EDWARD, New York - Work is underway to turn a historic site on an island the upper Hudson River into a heritage tourism destination.
- AP source: Babcock in contract talks with Buffalo Sabres Updated: May-19-15 5:12 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Though a deal has not been completed, Detroit Red Wings coach Mike Babcock had negotiations with the Buffalo Sabres on Tuesday regarding the possibility of becoming their next head coach.
- Man who scammed NHL pleads guilty to forgery charges in Ohio Updated: May-19-15 5:11 pm
CLEVELAND - A man who once conned the National Hockey League into thinking he was a wealthy entrepreneur well-qualified to buy one of the league's most storied franchises has been convicted of another scam.
- Linesman Brad Kovachik hurts leg in Game 2 of Rangers-Tampa Updated: May-18-15 10:06 pm
- Flyers hire North Dakota's Hakstol as new head coach Updated: May-18-15 9:17 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Once the surprise news hit Philadelphia, Flyers die-hards - heck, NHL fans everywhere - all sounded a bit as if they should have been Jeopardy contestants.
- Blue Jackets assistant GM leaving for job with Colorado Updated: May-18-15 4:44 pm
- Senators owner, hopeful of liver transplant, thanks public Updated: May-18-15 4:36 pm
TORONTO - Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk thanked the public for its support Monday in what he calls the "biggest battle" of his life - his urgent appeal for a liver transplant.
- Caps GM MacLellan discusses 'empty feeling,' 'right path' Updated: May-18-15 4:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Nearly a year to the day after his promotion to general manager of the Washington Capitals was announced, Brian MacLellan's eyes welled with tears when asked how the time in his current job has been.
- Wide array of experience in NHL conference finals Updated: May-16-15 4:14 pm
CHICAGO - When Blackhawks defenseman Kimmo Timonen made his NHL debut in 1998, Ducks defenseman Hampus Lindholm was 4 years old. Rangers forward Martin St. Louis had played in 1,154 games when forward Jonathan Drouin logged his first appearance with the Lightning in October.