- Are bungled VA claims systemic? Senators want agency review Updated: May-06-15 2:15 pm
WASHINGTON - Troubled by delays in handling veterans claims, a bipartisan group of senators on Wednesday urged a wide-scale, independent review of the Department of Veterans Affairs for mismanagement and changes to improve budgeting and speed up applications.
- Canadiens' Brandon Prust apologizes to ref, is fined $5,000 Updated: May-05-15 7:39 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Montreal Canadiens forward Brandon Prust has been fined $5,000 by the NHL for comments he made to referee Brad Watson following Game 2.
- Less 'panic' helps Capitals in 1-goal games against Rangers Updated: May-05-15 7:20 pm
- Holtby's shutout, Beagle's goal lift Caps over Rangers 1-0 Updated: May-04-15 11:35 pm
WASHINGTON - Braden Holtby stood in a corner of the Washington Capitals' locker room, his arms folded across his chest, his voice low and monotone, his demeanor as steady and calm as when he was protecting the net.
- Shero hired as New Jersey Devils' general manager Updated: May-04-15 5:44 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - After a 28-year run, Lou Lamoriello is stepping down as the New Jersey Devils general manager and handing the job to Ray Shero.
- Lightning beat Canadiens 6-2 to take 2-0 series lead Updated: May-03-15 11:11 pm
MONTREAL - Tampa Bay captain Steven Stamkos ended his scoring drought and the Lightning's power-play came to life with four goals - at the expense of the reeling Montreal Canadiens.
- Canadiens' Desharnais misses Game 2 vs. Lightning with flu Updated: May-03-15 5:59 pm
MONTREAL - Montreal center David Desharnais was scratched from the lineup Sunday night for Game 2 of the Canadiens' playoff series against Tampa Bay because of the flu.
- Kreider's early goal leads Rangers over Capitals in Game 2 Updated: May-02-15 5:33 pm
- Babcock says he's still uncertain about coaching future Updated: May-01-15 6:20 pm
DETROIT - Mike Babcock says he's not rushing into any decisions about his future.
- Buffalo Sabres fire AHL Rochester coach Cassidy Updated: May-01-15 4:42 pm
ROCHESTER, New York - The Buffalo Sabres are embarking on yet another coaching search after firing Chadd Cassidy, the coach of their minor-league affiliate in Rochester.
- Senators: We will interview both men, women for federal role Updated: May-01-15 1:20 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Following reports that Idaho's U.S. senators had narrowed a search for a federal judicial appointment down to four men, the senators insist that they are interviewing both men and women.
- Faceoffs can provide a big lift in the NHL playoffs Updated: May-01-15 2:11 am
CHICAGO - The Chicago Blackhawks were down by one in the final seconds of the first period when Brad Richards approached the faceoff circle on the right side of Nashville goaltender Pekka Rinne. The veteran center made a small motion to Duncan Keith to move up to his left side, and then got ready for the draw.
- Babcock's future the focus as Red Wings head into offseason Updated: Apr-30-15 8:17 pm
DETROIT - For the Detroit Red Wings, early exits from the postseason are becoming all too common.
- AP sources: McLellan on list of Sabres coaching candidates Updated: Apr-30-15 3:44 pm
- Police: Michigan woman tried to set Lightning flag on fire Updated: Apr-30-15 10:05 am
- Sidney Crosby to lead Canada at hockey worlds Updated: Apr-30-15 6:20 am
PRAGUE - Unlike previous editions, this year's hockey world championship is bringing out the best.
- Red Wings disagree with Kronwall suspension Updated: Apr-29-15 4:46 pm
- Capitals send G Philipp Grubauer back to Hershey of AHL Updated: Apr-28-15 7:32 pm
- Red Wings' Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 Updated: Apr-28-15 6:59 pm
NEW YORK - Detroit defenseman Niklas Kronwall was suspended by the NHL on Tuesday for Game 7 of the Red Wings' playoff series against Tampa Bay for charging Lightning forward Nikita Kucherov.
- Thune, Rounds ask USDA to help bird flu-affected producers Updated: Apr-28-15 6:33 pm
- New York Islanders are Brooklyn-bound following Game 7 loss Updated: Apr-28-15 4:59 pm
It's time for the New York Islanders to lower the Hall of Fame and Stanley Cup banners from the rafters, and pack up their pucks and sticks.
- Isles defenseman Hamonic reveals he tore left knee ligament Updated: Apr-28-15 4:52 pm
- Rangers gearing up for physical series with Capitals Updated: Apr-28-15 4:50 pm
- Pens GM Rutherford bullish on future Updated: Apr-28-15 3:47 pm
PITTSBURGH - When Jim Rutherford took over as Pittsburgh Penguins general manager last summer, he stressed ownership wanted a "complete change in direction," one that would return a talented if aging roster into one capable of once again lifting the Stanley Cup.
- Kuznetsov's goal leads Capitals past Isles 2-1 in Game 7 Updated: Apr-28-15 12:06 am
WASHINGTON - Unburdened by the catastrophes of past Game 7s littering the Washington Capitals' playoff history, rookie Evgeny Kuznetsov delivered a breathtaking, series-clinching goal that got Alex Ovechkin's seal of approval.