- Sidney Crosby to lead Canada at hockey worlds Updated: Apr-30-15 6:20 am
PRAGUE - Unlike previous editions, this year's hockey world championship is bringing out the best.
- Rangers gearing up for physical series with Capitals Updated: Apr-28-15 4:50 pm
- Pens GM Rutherford bullish on future Updated: Apr-28-15 3:47 pm
PITTSBURGH - When Jim Rutherford took over as Pittsburgh Penguins general manager last summer, he stressed ownership wanted a "complete change in direction," one that would return a talented if aging roster into one capable of once again lifting the Stanley Cup.
- Malkin, Crosby reaffirm commitment to Penguins Updated: Apr-26-15 4:29 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin does not plan to leave the team that drafted him.
- Crosby to join Canada for world championship Updated: Apr-26-15 3:42 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - Pittsburgh Penguins star Sidney Crosby has been added to Canada's roster for the upcoming world hockey championship.
- Penguins searching for answers after quick playoff exit Updated: Apr-25-15 3:08 pm
PITTSBURGH - Sidney Crosby wasn't making excuses so much as stating the obvious.
- Rangers advance on Hagelin's OT goal, 2-1 Updated: Apr-24-15 11:17 pm
NEW YORK - Teammate J.T. Miller looked at Carl Hagelin and shook his head in admiration.
- Ex-nanny for Penguins' Kunitz charged with stealing jewelry Updated: Apr-24-15 1:24 pm
PITTSBURGH - The former nanny of Pittsburgh Penguins player Chris Kunitz has been charged with stealing $12,000 diamond earrings from his home, then selling them to jewelry stores, police said.
- Hal Gill, a 6-foot-7 defenseman, retires after 16 seasons Updated: Apr-23-15 5:03 pm
TORONTO - Hal Gill, a 6-foot-7 defenseman who spent 16 seasons in the NHL and won a Stanley Cup with the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2009, retired Thursday at age 40.
- Kevin Hayes scores in OT, Rangers beat Penguins 2-1 Updated: Apr-22-15 11:41 pm
- City, sponsors to have big screen for Penguins' home games Updated: Apr-16-15 10:34 am
PITTSBURGH - The city of Pittsburgh and several sponsors have stepped up to give fans who can't get tickets a way to watch the Pittsburgh Penguins' home Stanley Cup playoff games.
- Goaltender Fleury steadying force for erratic Penguins Updated: Apr-14-15 5:33 pm
PITTSBURGH - Marc-Andre Fleury tucked his hair behind his right ear and spent the next five minutes deflecting away praise much in the same way the Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender effortlessly turned aside 1,685 shots during a season unlike any of his 11-year career.
- Penguins embracing underdog role against Rangers Updated: Apr-13-15 3:59 pm
- Penguins clinch playoff berth with 2-0 win over Sabres Updated: Apr-11-15 11:09 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Phew, that was close for Sidney Crosby and Pittsburgh Penguins, who finally clinched a playoff berth in their final game of the season.
- Islanders send Penguins to 5th straight loss, 3-1 Updated: Apr-10-15 10:39 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Penguins have spent the majority of the Sidney Crosby era treating the regular season as an 82-game exhibition until the playoffs start.
- Penguins staying upbeat as funk threatens postseason hopes Updated: Apr-09-15 4:46 pm
PITTSBURGH - Evgeni Malkin wasn't exactly making a guarantee as much as he was trying to provide his sagging team with a needed dose of swagger.
- Ottawa's comeback shakes up playoff race in East Updated: Apr-08-15 3:23 am
The playoff chase in the NHL's Eastern Conference has gone from compelling to downright wacky.
- Stone scores winner in OT to lift Senators past Penguins Updated: Apr-08-15 12:36 am
OTTAWA, Ontario - Mark Stone is peaking at the right time for the Ottawa Senators.
- Slumping Penguins scrambling for playoff spot Updated: Apr-06-15 3:30 pm
PITTSBURGH - Mike Johnston tried to sound upbeat. The first-year Pittsburgh Penguins coach pointed out all the positives he saw from another lost weekend, one in which his stumbling team imploded in one game and looked snakebit in another.
- Mason makes 46 saves, Flyers beat Penguins 4-1 Updated: Apr-05-15 4:39 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Flyers might still make an impact on the playoffs even though they're not headed to the postseason.