- Hawaii lawmakers push electronics recycling rules Updated: Mar-11-14 7:49 pm
- Hawaii Republican lawmakers have little to show Updated: Mar-11-14 7:43 pm
- Hawaii lawmakers hash out school cooling plan Updated: Mar-10-14 10:58 pm
- Lawmakers propose fees for Hawaii health exchange Updated: Mar-10-14 9:28 pm
- Guns, sharks and pot all lose in Hawaii this year Updated: Mar-10-14 7:28 pm
- Navy: Water safe near fuel tank leak Updated: Mar-07-14 8:31 pm
- Hawaii lawmakers move to curtail smoking Updated: Mar-07-14 7:00 pm
- Lihue Airport runway to undergo extension Updated: Mar-07-14 2:18 pm
- Hawaii Supreme Court pick gets OK from committee Updated: Mar-07-14 12:31 pm
- Hawaii modified food bills battered but alive Updated: Mar-06-14 10:29 pm
- Hawaii House speaker formally reprimands lawmaker Updated: Mar-06-14 10:10 pm
- Hawaii lawmakers advance bills on deadline day Updated: Mar-06-14 8:51 pm
- Scientists urge lawmakers to protect Hawaii opihi Updated: Mar-05-14 6:11 pm
- Hawaii lawmakers weigh subpoenas in hospital case Updated: Mar-05-14 4:35 pm
- Hawaii's Fukumoto to lead Republican effort Updated: Mar-05-14 3:44 pm
- Hawaii lawmakers move to keep school years shorter Updated: Mar-04-14 10:59 pm
- Hawaii advances bill requiring Internet sales tax Updated: Mar-04-14 10:38 pm
- Hawaii lawmakers push laws ahead in whirlwind day Updated: Mar-04-14 10:08 pm
- Hawaii lawmakers weigh parole for juveniles Updated: Mar-03-14 7:19 pm
- Hawaii advances bill to fine lying at bus stops Updated: Feb-28-14 10:01 pm
- Lawmakers advance Hawaii minimum wage hike Updated: Feb-28-14 7:44 pm
- Revenue concerns dog Hawaii Health Connector Updated: Feb-26-14 10:01 pm
- Hawaii weighs paroling more terminally ill inmates Updated: Feb-24-14 5:20 pm
- 5 things ahead this week in the Hawaii Legislature Updated: Feb-23-14 7:29 am
- Hawaii lawmakers consider bills for at-risk youth Updated: Feb-21-14 8:11 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers have proposed that manufacturers of electronics goods must recycle 50 percent of the pounds of products that each company sells in the state.
HONOLULU - Of nearly 400 bills the Hawaii House sent the Senate this year, only five were introduced by Republicans. And the party's minority caucus package of bills was shut out entirely.
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers are hashing out ways to get air conditioning into the state's public schools.
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers are proposing charging a fee to insurers that are not participating in the state's insurance exchange under President Barack Obama's federal health care overhaul.
HONOLULU - Plenty of measures that have been proposed in the Hawaii Legislature no longer have a shot this session, including bills to ease access to medical marijuana and outlaw shark and ray fishing.
HONOLULU - Navy officials told Hawaii lawmakers that drinking water is safe around a fuel tank that sprang a leak in January.
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers have killed proposals aimed at raising the legal age for buying tobacco to 21 and clamping down on smoking at beaches statewide. But they're advancing bills that would restrict smoking and make it more expensive, continuing a trend in Hawaii to crack down on smoking in public places.
LIHUE, Hawaii - A Lihue Airport runway needs to be extended to comply with Federal Aviation Administration rules.
HONOLULU - The state Senate Judiciary and Labor Committee is rejecting a bar association's "unqualified" rating of the governor's pick for the Hawaii Supreme Court.
HONOLULU - The chairwoman of the Hawaii House Agriculture Committee said Thursday she intends to fight for a bill that would establish a task force to study genetically modified foods.
HONOLULU - Hawaii House Speaker Joseph Souki on Thursday formally reprimanded a House lawmaker for her conduct during public hearings and threatened her committee assignments.
HONOLULU - Hawaii state senators made light work of the last handful of bills to cross over to the House before a legislative deadline.
HONOLULU - Experts want Hawaii lawmakers to update regulations meant to protect opihi, a tasty mollusk whose numbers have crashed in parts of Hawaii.
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers are deciding how to proceed with their investigation into shoddy working conditions and mismanagement at Hawaii State Hospital.
HONOLULU - Hawaii state Rep. Beth Fukumoto has been selected as a future leader by the Republican State Leadership Committee.
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers have passed measures in both chambers to set the public school year at 990 instructional hours over 180 school days.
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers are trying to level the playing field for retailers on the islands by mandating taxes on Internet sales transactions.
HONOLULU - The Hawaii Senate made short work of heap of bills Tuesday, passing more than 300 measures to send to the House.
HONOLULU - Juvenile offenders in Hawaii could no longer be sentenced to life without parole under a bill scheduled for a vote by state lawmakers.
HONOLULU - Lying down and obstructing a bus stop would become a form of disorderly conduct under a bill passed by the Hawaii House of Representatives.
HONOLULU - Hawaii's minimum wage would rise by almost $3 in three years under a bill the state Senate advanced Friday.
HONOLULU - The head of Hawaii's online health insurance marketplace told state lawmakers Tuesday that it isn't earning enough to pay its bills beyond 2014.
HONOLULU - Terminally sick or debilitated prisoners in Hawaii are likely to gain easier access to parole hearings under changes state agencies are making.
HONOLULU - The top thing to watch for this week in the Hawaii state Legislature is what didn't notably happen last week: a promised meeting among House leadership to discuss possible censure of Rep. Faye Hanohano.
HONOLULU - Four of every five teens who appear in Judge R. Mark Browning's family court, he told Hawaii lawmakers Friday, abuse some sort of substance: alcohol, cocaine, heroin, gasoline, cold medicine or "a number of other things you've never heard of and probably shouldn't."