- Hawaii lawmakers agree to end police sex loophole Updated: Apr-17-14 11:04 pm
- Hawaii settles school abuse lawsuits Updated: Apr-17-14 7:58 pm
- Governor, but not opponent, to speak to Democrats Updated: Apr-17-14 5:33 pm
- Illinois gives early OK to $100M for Obama museum Updated: Apr-17-14 5:19 pm
- Hawaii weighs expanded coverage for infertility Updated: Apr-16-14 12:05 am
- Abercrombie apologizes for statement about Inouye Updated: Apr-15-14 3:56 pm
- Hawaii bills draw clash on future developments Updated: Apr-14-14 10:52 pm
- Hawaii Legislature shifts, leaves some bills dead Updated: Apr-11-14 9:58 pm
- Outdoors groups hit lawmaker with ethics complaint Updated: Apr-10-14 11:34 pm
- Hawaii lawmakers gut and replace contents of bills Updated: Apr-10-14 2:25 am
- Hawaii health-care exchange needs $4.7M next year Updated: Apr-09-14 10:56 pm
- Future Pro Bowls to be played in Arizona, Hawaii Updated: Apr-09-14 8:42 pm
- Hawaii Senators grill state hospital administrator Updated: Apr-09-14 5:46 pm
- Hawaii lawmakers pass minimum wage hike Updated: Apr-08-14 11:19 pm
- Hawaii lawmakers plow through mountain of bills Updated: Apr-08-14 11:01 pm
- Hawaii lawmakers shovel resolutions at deadline Updated: Apr-05-14 10:08 am
- Hawaii panel says no to eating cats and dogs Updated: Apr-04-14 10:02 pm
- Hawaii House passes smoking ban in public housing Updated: Apr-04-14 7:53 pm
- Republican state Senator proposes smaller budget Updated: Apr-04-14 7:13 pm
- Outdoor enthusiasts relieved panel passes bill Updated: Apr-04-14 12:11 am
- Djou enters race for Hawaii congressional seat Updated: Apr-04-14 12:05 am
- Invasive little fire ants discovered in Waimanalo Updated: Apr-03-14 6:27 pm
- ACLU claims Hawaii preschool aid unconstitutional Updated: Apr-02-14 2:42 pm
- Hawaii nudging Facebook to distinguish Kailuas Updated: Apr-01-14 10:55 pm
- Hawaii committee: No more tanning beds for teens Updated: Apr-01-14 10:43 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers in both chambers agree that legal permission for police to have sex with prostitutes should end.
HONOLULU - Hawaii has agreed to settle three lawsuits from parents who said their special-needs children were abused by workers at an elementary school.
HONOLULU - Hawaii Gov. Neil Abercrombie was invited to speak at the state Democratic convention in May, but his primary opponent David Ige was not, which has left the state senator feeling slighted.
CHICAGO - Even though Chicago is where Barack Obama got his start in politics, first lady Michelle Obama grew up and the Obamas still call their hometown, state and local officials aren't taking for granted that the Windy City will land the president's official library.
HONOLULU - When Piilani Smith was diagnosed with infertility at the doctor's office and chose to pursue fertility treatment, she was shocked by what she learned.
HONOLULU - A bill that affects development in Honolulu's urban core is touching off debate about the future of Hawaii and whether development will sprawl into rural areas or make the state's most populous city more dense.
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers are heading into the final stretch of their legislative session, and the fates of many bills have been decided thanks to the passing of a major deadline.
HONOLULU - Rock climbers, mountain bikers and other outdoors enthusiasts filed an ethics complaint Thursday against a Hawaii House lawmaker over changes her committee made changes to a bill that could help expand public access to Hawaii's mountains and trails.
HONOLULU - A series of bills that lawmakers passed in the Hawaii Senate were drafted without giving the public the proper chance to weigh in, following a "gut-and-replace" maneuver scorned by government watchdog groups.
HONOLULU - The head of the Hawaii Health Connector told a panel of lawmakers Wednesday that the troubled health exchange will need $4.7 million to be financially sustainable next year.
HONOLULU - The next Pro Bowl will be played in Arizona at the site of the Super Bowl, skipping Hawaii for the first time since 2010.
HONOLULU - Lawmakers quizzed the acting Hawaii State Hospital administrator in a hearing to investigate accounts of violence and mismanagement at the facility.
HONOLULU - Lawmakers have passed a bill that will raise the minimum wage in Hawaii.
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers plowed through a mountain of bills Tuesday in advance of a legislative deadline, moving swiftly through their work until they hit a sex education bill that drew criticism from gay rights opponents and generated a salty debate in the state House.
HONOLULU - The deadline for concurrent resolutions to cross over from the House to the Senate, or vice-versa, has come and gone. That meant a flurry of hearings on concurrent resolutions - those requiring passage by both legislative chambers - during the week. More than 100 such resolutions survived crossover, while many others are now formally dead.
HONOLULU - A House committee has approved a bill to outlaw eating cats and dogs in Hawaii, a measure supported by animal lovers who lobbied lawmakers with their pets.
HONOLULU - Residents in public housing might soon have a harder time finding a place to smoke.
HONOLULU - Hawaii's lone Republican in the State Senate on Friday proposed a smaller state budget than what his Democratic counterparts approved in a longshot move to make the argument the state is headed for fiscal disaster if it doesn't change course.
HONOLULU - A key state House committee advanced a bill Thursday evening that limit's the state's liability on public lands, relieving outdoor enthusiasts worried that litigation fears could lead to parks being shut down.
HONOLULU - Former U.S. Rep. Charles Djou of Hawaii has announced that he will run for Congress again, hoping to fill the seat that Rep. Colleen Hanabusa will vacate as she runs for U.S. Senate.
HONOLULU - A state lawmaker accused Hawaii agriculture officials of delaying an announcement that an infestation of little fire ants was discovered in Waimanalo.
HONOLULU - The American Civil Liberties Union of Hawaii wants a court to order the state to stop providing preschool tuition subsidies for children attending religious institutions.
HONOLULU - Kailua is a town on the east side of the Hawaiian island of Oahu, well enough known to be a yearly vacation getaway for President Barack Obama. Kailua-Kona, 40 minutes away by plane, faces west from the island of Hawaii, also known as the Big Island.
HONOLULU - It's looking less likely that teenagers in Hawaii will be allowed to hit the tanning salons before going to the beach.