- GM McCloughan focused on big schools in 1st draft with Skins Updated: May-04-15 6:44 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - General manager Scot McCloughan's first draft with the Washington Redskins appears to reflect some basic beliefs about building a team, including the importance of size - of the players, yes, but also their schools.
- Assembly approves ban on Redskins school team name Updated: May-04-15 5:28 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The state Assembly has approved legislation barring California public schools from using the Redskins name for teams and mascots.
- Cowboys not picking up 5th year of Claiborne's rookie deal Updated: May-04-15 2:32 pm
IRVING, Texas - The Dallas Cowboys are not picking up the fifth-year option of Morris Claiborne's rookie contract, making the injury-plagued cornerback eligible for free agency after the 2015 season.
- No bluffing: Cowboys stick with defense as draft closes Updated: May-02-15 10:14 pm
IRVING, Texas - Dallas owner and general manager Jerry Jones wasn't bluffing when he said getting a running back wouldn't be a top priority in the draft, even though the Cowboys lost NFL rushing champion DeMarco Murray in free agency.
- Former Cowboys great retires as Broncos scout Updated: May-02-15 8:59 pm
- Giants gamble on depth and insurance with final draft picks Updated: May-02-15 7:53 pm
- Giants project seventh-round offensive tackle Hart as guard Updated: May-02-15 7:22 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - The Giants continued to fortify their offensive line depth Saturday with seventh-round pick Bobby Hart, an offensive tackle out of Florida State.
- Redskins wrap up busy NFL draft, moves result in 10 players Updated: May-02-15 6:59 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - The offensive line was an area of concern for the Washington Redskins when they finished at the bottom of the NFC East last year for the sixth time in seven seasons. So Washington took Alabama guard Arie Kouandjio in the fourth round and South Florida center Austin Reiter in the seventh on the final day of the draft after selecting Iowa tackle Brandon Scherff with the fifth overall pick to start.
- Eagles wrap up draft with three defensive players Updated: May-02-15 6:53 pm
PHILADELPHIA - It's all about defense for the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Giants draft UConn receiver Geremy Davis in sixth round Updated: May-02-15 4:42 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - The Giants gave themselves some insurance against a repeat injury to Victor Cruz with sixth-round wide receiver Geremy Davis of UConn.
- Frank Olivo, Santa pelted with snow at '68 Eagles game, dies Updated: May-02-15 4:22 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The fill-in Santa whose downfield jaunt at a Philadelphia Eagles game in 1968 lives on in sports history for the hail of snowballs and shower of boos that rained down on him has died. Frank Olivo was 66.
- After taking OL, LB, RB, Redskins enter Day 3 with 7 picks Updated: May-02-15 4:29 am
ASHBURN, Virginia - Redskins general manager Scot McCloughan vowed to wind up with 10 picks in his first draft with the team, and after taking three players, he enters Day 3 with seven more selections.
- Cowboys' Hardy criticized on Twitter over 9/11-related joke Updated: May-02-15 2:29 am
IRVING, Texas - Dallas defensive end Greg Hardy, who is facing a 10-game suspension for his role in a domestic violence case, stirred criticism Friday night with a joking reference on Twitter to the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
- Eagles look to bolster offensive line on draft's third day Updated: May-02-15 2:06 am
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Eagles are expected to target the offensive line on the third day of the NFL draft.
- New York Giants have picks in 5th, 6th and 7th rounds on Sat Updated: May-02-15 2:05 am
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - The New York Giants have filled two major needs on the first two days of the NFL draft and they will probably use their final three picks to take talent more than need.
- Redskins trade down in 3rd round, take Florida RB Jones 95th Updated: May-01-15 11:20 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - The Washington Redskins have taken Florida running back Matt Jones with the 95th overall pick in the NFL draft after trading down in the third round and adding extra choices.
- Cowboys get tackle Chaz Green from Florida in 3rd round Updated: May-01-15 11:19 pm
IRVING, Texas - The Cowboys have taken tackle Chaz Green of Florida with the 91st overall pick in the draft.
- Giants take UCLA defensive end Odighizuwa in 3rd round Updated: May-01-15 10:26 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - The New York Giants went to work on their defense for the second straight round, talking UCLA edge rusher Owamagbe Odighizuwa in the third round of the NFL Draft on Friday night.
- The Latest: It's the Ickey Shuffle! Updated: May-01-15 9:10 pm
CHICAGO - 7:52 p.m. (8:52 p.m. EDT)
- Cowboys RB Randle will not face any charges in dispute Updated: May-01-15 5:15 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Dallas Cowboys running back Joseph Randle will not face misdemeanor charges following a domestic disturbance in Kansas, prosecutors said Friday.
- After helping offensive line, Giants need help on defense Updated: May-01-15 2:05 am
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Having put the finishing touches on their offense line in the first round of the NFL draft, expect the New York Giants to turn their attention to the defense in the second and third rounds of the draft.
- From Brady to Bulger, draft bargains since 2000 Updated: Apr-28-15 5:58 pm
Tom Brady is the poster boy for draft-day steals.
- Chiefs sign team president Donovan to contract extension Updated: Apr-28-15 4:36 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Chiefs and team president Mark Donovan have agreed to a contract extension.
- New York Giants waive running back Michael Cox Updated: Apr-27-15 5:48 pm
- Redskins to pick up 5th-year option on Robert Griffin III Updated: Apr-27-15 2:29 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - Despite Robert Griffin III's history of injuries and moves in and out of the lineup, the Washington Redskins plan to exercise the quarterback's fifth-year contract option for the 2016 season.