- Scott Walker orders American on cheesesteaks, avoiding gaffe Updated: Jul-28-15 4:51 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The governor of the nation's top cheese-producing state visited the capital of cheesesteaks on Tuesday and ordered two topped with American, skipping the customary Cheez Whiz but avoiding the blunder of a former presidential candidate who was ridiculed for wanting his with Swiss.
- Cowboys owner Jones has hip replacement, planning another Updated: Jul-28-15 1:48 pm
IRVING, Texas - Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has undergone left hip replacement surgery. He plans to be with the team as usual when training camp starts in California this week.
- Cowboys release RB Ryan Williams Updated: Jul-28-15 1:45 pm
IRVING, Texas - Ryan Williams, one of the possible replacements for NFL rushing champion DeMarco Murray, has been released by the Cowboys.
- Cowboys RB Randle gets 6 months of probation for mall theft Updated: Jul-24-15 10:38 am
McKINNEY, Texas - Dallas Cowboys running back Joseph Randle has been put on six months of probation for stealing $123 worth of cologne and underwear from a Texas mall.
- Houston, Bryant among franchised players to sign big deals Updated: Jul-16-15 2:31 am
NEW YORK - Big names. Huge playmakers. And, now, enormous paydays.
- Cowboys, Bryant beat deadline with 5-year, $70 million deal Updated: Jul-15-15 8:07 pm
IRVING, Texas - Dez Bryant has the long-term contract he said he wouldn't play without, and the Dallas Cowboys can quit worrying about whether he really would skip games.
- AP source: No long-term deal for Pierre-Paul with Giants Updated: Jul-15-15 5:21 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - A person close to the negotiations says defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul did not get a new long-term contract deal from the New York Giants ahead of a deadline for players who have franchise tags.
- Giants sign veteran safety Miles, waive Harris, Currie Updated: Jul-15-15 3:00 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - The New York Giants have added depth at the safety position, signing veteran Jeromy Miles.
- Work progresses on new Cowboys headquarters in Frisco Updated: Jul-13-15 10:55 am
FRISCO, Texas - Construction will start this month on the entertainment district that will serve as the gateway to the Dallas Cowboys' new training facility in Frisco.
- Suspension reduced from 10 games to 4 for Cowboys' Hardy Updated: Jul-10-15 5:23 pm
IRVING, Texas - Greg Hardy's suspension for his role in a domestic violence case was reduced from 10 games to four Friday and his agent said the Dallas defensive end might not be finished fighting the punishment.
- Judge: Redskins' trademark must be canceled; team to appeal Updated: Jul-08-15 6:23 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - For the first time in a legal battle that has stretched over 20 years, a federal judge on Wednesday ordered the cancellation of the Washington Redskins' trademark registration, ruling that the team name may be disparaging to Native Americans.
- AP source: Giants aware of Pierre-Paul's fireworks injury Updated: Jul-06-15 2:59 pm
NEW YORK - The Giants are aware of an incident involving Jason Pierre-Paul and fireworks, but the team is unsure about the severity of any injuries to the star defensive end, a person with knowledge of the incident tells The Associated Press on Monday.
- Gates, Richardson, McClain each get 4-game NFL suspensions Updated: Jul-02-15 7:21 pm
Three-time All-Pro tight end Antonio Gates of San Diego will be suspended the first four games of the 2015 season along with New York Jets defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson and Dallas linebacker Rolando McClain for violating NFL drug policies.
- Cowboys LB Rolando McClain suspended 1st 4 games of season Updated: Jul-02-15 3:57 pm
IRVING, Texas - Cowboys linebacker Rolando McClain has been suspended for the first four games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy, putting two key Dallas defenders on the sideline to start the season with pass rusher Greg Hardy's 10-game ban.
- Redskins' name hinders DC's efforts for stadium site lease Updated: Jul-01-15 5:50 pm
WASHINGTON - The National Park Service won't grant the District of Columbia a new lease for the site of the Washington Redskins' old stadium in part because Interior Secretary Sally Jewell opposes the team's name.
- Ex-Cowboy Spillman charged with sexual assault in Texas Updated: Jul-01-15 12:39 pm
GRAPEVINE, Texas - Former Cowboys special teams player C.J. Spillman has been arrested on a sexual assault charge in an alleged 2014 incident at a Dallas-area hotel.
- Redskins name hinders DC's efforts for stadium site lease Updated: Jul-01-15 12:27 pm
WASHINGTON - The National Park Service won't grant the District of Columbia a new lease for the site of the Washington Redskins' former stadium in part because Interior Secretary Sally Jewell opposes the team's name.
- Eagles sign guard John Moffitt to 1-year deal Updated: Jun-29-15 4:40 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Eagles have signed guard John Moffitt to a one-year contract and released guard Cole Manhart.