- World Cup teams hoping for luck of the draw Updated: Dec-06-13 9:17 am
- 32 teams, world of possibilities in World Cup draw Updated: Dec-05-13 12:12 pm
- 5 Things to Know about foreign World Cup coaches Updated: Dec-05-13 8:24 am
- How Switzerland joined the World Cup seeded elite Updated: Dec-02-13 12:24 pm
- How Switzerland joined the World Cup seeded elite Updated: Dec-02-13 8:32 am
- Column: Because of Messi, Ronaldo for Golden Ball Updated: Nov-29-13 1:55 pm
- Column: Because of Messi, Ronaldo for Ballon d'Or Updated: Nov-29-13 1:09 pm
- In WCup spotlight, Brazil's jersey loses shine Updated: Nov-25-13 9:32 am
- Column: Hold the hype on the World Cup Updated: Nov-20-13 12:14 pm
- Gibraltar draws 0-0 with Slovakia in UEFA debut Updated: Nov-19-13 6:03 pm
- Spain slips to surprise loss in South Africa Updated: Nov-19-13 5:54 pm
- Gibraltar ties Slovakia 0-0 in European debut Updated: Nov-19-13 5:02 pm
- Costa finds ally in choice of Spain over Brazil Updated: Nov-18-13 10:09 am
- Spain coach Del Bosque signs 2-year extension Updated: Nov-15-13 9:48 am
- Messi set to miss rest of 2013 to another injury Updated: Nov-11-13 4:24 pm
- Messi out 6 to 8 weeks with another leg injury Updated: Nov-11-13 2:21 pm
- Brazilian-born Costa out of Spain's friendlies Updated: Nov-11-13 2:04 pm
- Costa called on for Spain's friendlies in Africa Updated: Nov-07-13 12:39 pm
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The eyes of football focused nervously Friday on the draw to determine where, when and, most importantly, who the 32 teams will play at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Thirty two teams and a world of possibilities.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The World Cup promises friendly reunions and old scores to settle - and that's just in the coaching dugouts.
GENEVA - There is one certainty among many possibilities offered by the World Cup draw Friday: Most teams want to be in Switzerland's group.
GENEVA - There is one certainty among many possibilities offered by the World Cup draw on Friday: Most teams want to be in Switzerland's group.
PARIS - What's not to like about Cristiano Ronaldo? Other than the fact that he's fabulously rich, a giant success in his chosen profession, has a cute-looking son and steps out with a fashion model.
PARIS - What's not to like about Cristiano Ronaldo? Other than the fact that he's fabulously rich, a giant success in his chosen profession, steps out with a fashion model, has a cute-looking son and is dreamy to many members of the opposite and indeed his own sex.
SAO PAULO - Brazil's traditional yellow jersey has lost its all-conquering allure.
PARIS - Even though it comes around comet-like just once every four years, or perhaps precisely because of that, the World Cup's grip on the planet's imagination remains impressive. French fans' delirious chants of "We're going to Brazil!" after their team dug deep to defeat Ukraine in the playoffs and Cristiano Ronaldo's joy at his hat trick that qualified Portugal showed how much this most global of sports tournaments means to nations and people alike.
FARO, Portugal - Gibraltar earned a surprising 0-0 draw with Slovakia on Tuesday in the British colony's first match as a fully recognized senior international team.
JOHANNESBURG - Spain's return to the stadium where it won the World Cup was spoiled Tuesday as Bernard Parker's second-half goal gave South Africa a shock 1-0 win over the world and European champion.
FARO, Portugal - Gibraltar debuted as a recognized international team Tuesday, playing to a surprising 0-0 draw with Slovakia in an exhibition game.
MADRID - Because he was born in Brazil and chose to play for Spain's national team, Diego Costa can expect a rough reception from Brazilian fans at next year's World Cup.
MADRID - Spain coach Vicente del Bosque has signed a two-year contract extension that will see him lead the world champions through the next European Championship.
BARCELONA, Spain - Lionel Messi probably won't play football again until 2014.
BARCELONA, Spain - Lionel Messi probably won't play soccer again until 2014.
MADRID - Brazilian-born Diego Costa will have to wait a little longer before playing his first game for Spain, after pulling out of two upcoming friendlies with an injury.
MADRID - Brazilian-born, naturalized Spanish striker Diego Costa was called up for the first time by Spain to play in a pair of friendlies in Africa.