- Diego Costa fails to quell nerves in Spain debut Updated: Mar-06-14 2:14 am
- Brazil warms up in style; Spain, France win Updated: Mar-06-14 12:26 am
- Pedro scores as Spain beats Italy 1-0 in friendly Updated: Mar-05-14 7:03 pm
- Puyol to leave Barcelona at end of season Updated: Mar-04-14 11:17 am
- World Cup teams mark 99 days to go with friendlies Updated: Mar-03-14 11:16 am
- FIFA panel tightens rule on player shirt slogans Updated: Mar-01-14 10:50 am
- Spain-El Salvador to play pre-World Cup friendly Updated: Feb-28-14 11:35 am
- Spain-El Salvador to play pre-World Cup exhibition Updated: Feb-28-14 11:20 am
- Spain calls up Diego Costa for Italy friendly Updated: Feb-28-14 11:11 am
- Aragones Ave. to accompany Atletico's new stadium Updated: Feb-26-14 10:41 am
- Spain gets nice draw for Euro 2016 qualifiers Updated: Feb-23-14 10:51 am
MADRID - Overcome by nerves before his Spain debut, Diego Costa did little to shake them with his performance in Wednesday's 1-0 victory over Italy.
LONDON - Brazil showed its national team is in better shape than the country's stadiums with a 5-0 thrashing of South Africa on Wednesday, and defending champion Spain overcame Italy 1-0 in its final big test before the tournament kicks off, as teams prepared for the World Cup in a series of friendly matches.
MADRID - Pedro Rodriguez stole the spotlight from debutant Diego Costa by scoring Spain's second-half winner in a 1-0 friendly victory over Italy on Wednesday in a rematch of the 2012 European Championship final.
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona defender Carles Puyol has decided to leave the club at the end of the season, preferring to take some time off after several injury-filled seasons and putting his football future in doubt.
LONDON - World Cup contenders will hope to find out this week if they are better prepared for the tournament than some of the Brazilian stadiums they will be playing in.
ZURICH - Players at the World Cup face FIFA disciplinary action for revealing any slogan or image on their undershirts.
NEW YORK - Defending World Cup champion Spain will play a friendly against El Salvador on June 7 in the U.S. before heading to the World Cup in Brazil.
NEW YORK - Defending World Cup champion Spain will play an exhibition game against El Salvador on June 7 at FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland, before heading to the World Cup in Brazil.
MADRID - Brazilian-born forward Diego Costa was called up by Spain on Friday for next week's friendly against Italy, and veteran strikers David Villa and Fernando Torres were not wanted.
MADRID - The avenue giving way to Atletico Madrid's new stadium will be named after former Spain coach and club figure Luis Aragones, who died this month.
NICE, France - Two-time defending European champion Spain faces a seemingly comfortable road to defend its title at Euro 2016 after being drawn Sunday with Luxembourg, Macedonia, Belarus, Slovakia and Ukraine for the qualifiers.