- Ronaldo caught up on beauty sleep during WCup draw Updated: Dec-08-13 8:44 am
- FIFA switches late England-Italy WCup kickoff time Updated: Dec-07-13 11:42 pm
- FIFA switches start time for 7 World Cup games Updated: Dec-07-13 10:30 pm
- Spain views cup draw with unease, excitement Updated: Dec-06-13 5:52 pm
- What they said about the World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:34 pm
- Host Brazil avoids tough group in World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 4:55 pm
- World Cup draw: the strong, the weak, the lucky Updated: Dec-06-13 4:53 pm
- Defending champion Spain gets repeat of 2010 final Updated: Dec-06-13 12:47 pm
- 32 teams, world of possibilities in World Cup draw Updated: Dec-05-13 12:12 pm
- 5 Things to Know about foreign World Cup coaches Updated: Dec-05-13 8:24 am
- How Switzerland joined the World Cup seeded elite Updated: Dec-02-13 12:24 pm
- Column: Because of Messi, Ronaldo for Golden Ball Updated: Nov-29-13 1:55 pm
- Column: Because of Messi, Ronaldo for Ballon d'Or Updated: Nov-29-13 1:09 pm
- In WCup spotlight, Brazil's jersey loses shine Updated: Nov-25-13 9:32 am
- Column: Hold the hype on the World Cup Updated: Nov-20-13 12:14 pm
- Gibraltar draws 0-0 with Slovakia in UEFA debut Updated: Nov-19-13 6:03 pm
- Spain slips to surprise loss in South Africa Updated: Nov-19-13 5:54 pm
- Gibraltar ties Slovakia 0-0 in European debut Updated: Nov-19-13 5:02 pm
- Costa finds ally in choice of Spain over Brazil Updated: Nov-18-13 10:09 am
- Spain coach Del Bosque signs 2-year extension Updated: Nov-15-13 9:48 am
- Messi set to miss rest of 2013 to another injury Updated: Nov-11-13 4:24 pm
- Messi out 6 to 8 weeks with another leg injury Updated: Nov-11-13 2:21 pm
- Brazilian-born Costa out of Spain's friendlies Updated: Nov-11-13 2:04 pm
MADRID - While the eyes of the football world were focused on Brazil for the World Cup draw, Cristiano Ronaldo caught up on his beauty sleep.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - FIFA switched the scheduled kickoff times of seven World Cup matches on Saturday after meeting with broadcasters, having refused earlier requests made by the FIFPro union to protect players' health.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - FIFA has switched the starting times of seven World Cup matches, including the U.S.-Portugal game on June 22 in the Amazonian jungle city of Manaus.
MADRID - Spain doesn't know what to make of its World Cup draw. Some are confident, while others are fearful.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Coaches and players were quick to react to Friday's World Cup draw. The following is a selection.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Brazil escaped tough opponents in the group stage of next year's World Cup but will probably face a major rival as early as the second round.
Who wound up in difficult groups and who got away easy from Friday's World Cup draw (average world ranking for four teams in parentheses):
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Defending champion Spain will play its opening World Cup game against the Netherlands, a repeat of the 2010 final, while host Brazil faces a relatively easy path to the knockout stage after Friday's draw.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Thirty two teams and a world of possibilities.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The World Cup promises friendly reunions and old scores to settle - and that's just in the coaching dugouts.
GENEVA - There is one certainty among many possibilities offered by the World Cup draw Friday: Most teams want to be in Switzerland's group.
PARIS - What's not to like about Cristiano Ronaldo? Other than the fact that he's fabulously rich, a giant success in his chosen profession, has a cute-looking son and steps out with a fashion model.
PARIS - What's not to like about Cristiano Ronaldo? Other than the fact that he's fabulously rich, a giant success in his chosen profession, steps out with a fashion model, has a cute-looking son and is dreamy to many members of the opposite and indeed his own sex.
SAO PAULO - Brazil's traditional yellow jersey has lost its all-conquering allure.
PARIS - Even though it comes around comet-like just once every four years, or perhaps precisely because of that, the World Cup's grip on the planet's imagination remains impressive. French fans' delirious chants of "We're going to Brazil!" after their team dug deep to defeat Ukraine in the playoffs and Cristiano Ronaldo's joy at his hat trick that qualified Portugal showed how much this most global of sports tournaments means to nations and people alike.
FARO, Portugal - Gibraltar earned a surprising 0-0 draw with Slovakia on Tuesday in the British colony's first match as a fully recognized senior international team.
JOHANNESBURG - Spain's return to the stadium where it won the World Cup was spoiled Tuesday as Bernard Parker's second-half goal gave South Africa a shock 1-0 win over the world and European champion.
FARO, Portugal - Gibraltar debuted as a recognized international team Tuesday, playing to a surprising 0-0 draw with Slovakia in an exhibition game.
MADRID - Because he was born in Brazil and chose to play for Spain's national team, Diego Costa can expect a rough reception from Brazilian fans at next year's World Cup.
MADRID - Spain coach Vicente del Bosque has signed a two-year contract extension that will see him lead the world champions through the next European Championship.
BARCELONA, Spain - Lionel Messi probably won't play football again until 2014.
BARCELONA, Spain - Lionel Messi probably won't play soccer again until 2014.
MADRID - Brazilian-born Diego Costa will have to wait a little longer before playing his first game for Spain, after pulling out of two upcoming friendlies with an injury.