- Connecticut lawmakers approve late state budget changes Updated: Jun-30-15 1:50 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut lawmakers approved some late changes early Tuesday morning to the new Democratic state budget that had drawn criticism from major state employers because of its tax increases on businesses and others.
- Indian tribe recognition process overhauled Updated: Jun-29-15 4:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Some Indian tribes may have a clearer path toward federal recognition under a new Obama administration rule that relaxes some requirements and speeds decision-making, potentially affecting hundreds of groups.
- Connecticut House Democrats to hire outside media consultant Updated: Jun-19-15 7:44 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The majority Democrats in the Connecticut House of Representatives are hiring an outside media consulting firm to review the caucus' communications operations and recommend how it can improve getting its message out to the public.
- Connecticut House speaker: Quinnipiac needs new leadership Updated: Jun-10-15 9:32 am
HAMDEN, Connecticut - Connecticut House Speaker Brendan Sharkey says Quinnipiac University needs new leadership because the private school in Hamden has not seriously addressed underage drinking and loud parties by students living in residential neighborhoods.
- Connecticut GOP hopes to spend $500K on legislative races Updated: Jun-08-15 4:44 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The chairman of the Connecticut Republican Party says the state GOP plans to raise and spend $500,000 to try and win control of the General Assembly.
- Business group wants meeting with Malloy about biz taxes Updated: Jun-05-15 6:05 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's largest business advocacy group asked Gov. Dannel P. Malloy on Friday to convene a meeting as soon as possible to discuss the ramifications of the higher business taxes included in the new Democratic state budget.
- A sampling of what passed, failed in Connecticut session Updated: Jun-04-15 8:22 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Following are some bills that passed or failed in this year's session of the Connecticut General Assembly. Most still await the governor's signature:
- Connecticut Democrats stand by business tax changes Updated: Jun-04-15 7:01 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's Democratic leaders were willing Thursday to make minor changes to the business taxes that prompted some major employers to threaten to leave the state, but said they won't roll the taxes back and expressed doubt that any of the firms would move.
- The latest on Connecticut legislature: Bill runs out of time Updated: Jun-04-15 1:02 am
- Legislature reverses court ruling limiting arrest data Updated: Jun-03-15 12:25 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut lawmakers have reversed a state Supreme Court ruling that limited the amount of information police must release about arrests - a decision criticized by the media and open-government advocates as shielding law enforcement from public scrutiny.
- Child vaccination exemption bill moves to Gov. Malloy Updated: Jun-02-15 10:02 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut parents and guardians who want to exempt their children from immunizations for religious reasons will have to take an extra step, under a bill that's moving to Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's desk.
- Bill relieving juniors from taking SBAC test moves to Malloy Updated: Jun-02-15 8:04 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A bill that could relieve thousands of high school juniors in Connecticut from having to take an unpopular standardized test is moving to Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's desk.
- Lawmakers reach bipartisan agreement on police body cameras Updated: Jun-02-15 1:02 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut would provide money to towns and cities to equip police officers with body cameras under bipartisan legislation that passed unanimously in the state Senate on Tuesday.
- Bill professionalizing Connecticut elections moves to Malloy Updated: Jun-01-15 10:25 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Local Connecticut voting officials will be required to undergo new training and certification under a bill that cleared the House of Representatives on Monday night and now awaits Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's signature.
- Highlights of Democratic Connecticut budget proposal Updated: Jun-01-15 9:31 pm
Following are some highlights of the proposed two-year, $40 billion Connecticut state budget under consideration:
- Legislature approves hospital sales oversight measure Updated: Jun-01-15 7:28 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Connecticut Senate unanimously passed legislation Monday that establishes more oversight of hospital sales and adds consumer protections such as notices of costs for nonemergency services.
- Lawmakers vote make it easier to change birth certificates Updated: Jun-01-15 6:03 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Connecticut legislature is sending a bill to Gov. Dannel P. Malloy that makes it easier for transgender people to update their names and gender on their birth certificates.