- Highway over the Snowy Range opens for the season Updated: May-22-15 12:15 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Crews with the Wyoming Department of Transportation have cleared the highway over the Snowy Range.
- Snow, rocks on road delay opening of Beartooth Highway Updated: May-21-15 11:32 pm
CODY, Wyoming - Snow and rocks on the road have forced transportation officials to delay the opening of the Beartooth Highway, which connects Red Lodge and Cooke City, Montana, near the northern entrance to Yellowstone National Park.
- Stricter ozone standards approved in southwest Wyoming Updated: May-20-15 11:57 am
PINEDALE, Wyoming - A state regulatory panel has approved new regulations aimed at limiting emissions from existing natural gas facilities in southwest Wyoming, ending years of debate over how to address pollution from the operations in the Pinedale area.
- Wyoming governor: Coal exports critical to state's industry Updated: May-19-15 8:08 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Wyoming Gov. Matt Mead continued his trade mission to the Northwest on Tuesday, emphasizing to the governor of Oregon that the future of Wyoming's coal industry requires getting access to deep-water ports to allow exports to Asian markets.
- Wyoming justices side with newspaper in public meetings case Updated: May-14-15 7:22 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The Wyoming Supreme Court sided Thursday with The Sheridan Press in the newspaper's effort to report on planning for a multipurpose center, ruling the Sheridan school board must release the minutes of closed-door meetings in which it discussed the facility.
- Town where Shepard killed passes measure to protect gays Updated: May-14-15 3:11 am
LARAMIE, Wyoming - When Matthew Shepard was beaten, tied to a fence and left for dead nearly 20 years ago, his murder became a rallying cry in the gay rights movement.
- Man killed in 2-vehicle crash near LaGrange Updated: May-12-15 11:31 pm
LAGRANGE, Wyoming - The Wyoming Highway Patrol says a Torrington man was killed in a two-vehicle crash near the southeastern Wyoming town of LaGrange.
- Access disagreement stalls new Sheridan County coal mine Updated: May-11-15 1:52 pm
SHERIDAN, Wyoming - A legal dispute over surface access has threatened to derail a company's plan to open a new coal mine in northern Wyoming that could employ 600 people.
- Distracted driving investigated in fatal crash near Cody Updated: May-07-15 11:17 pm
CODY, Wyoming - Investigators say distracted driving may have played a role in a three-car crash northeast of Cody that killed a 76-year-old man.
- Highway dept. warns of delays at Little Wind River bridge Updated: May-06-15 7:04 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The Wyoming Department of Transportation is warning motorists of delays on Wednesday as crews work to install girders at the bridge over the Little Wind River south of Riverton.
- Wyoming Highway Patrol: citizens reported trooper struggling Updated: May-01-15 7:26 pm
GREEN RIVER, Wyoming - The Wyoming Highway Patrol is thanking passing motorists who called 911 on Friday morning to report that a trooper was struggling with a suspect following a traffic stop on Interstate 80.
- Wyoming Department of Transportation takes aim at avalanches Updated: Apr-30-15 1:56 pm
JACKSON, Wyoming - If any drivers had been traveling over Teton Pass from Idaho to Wyoming on a recent morning, they probably would have turned tail and sped back to Teton Valley upon seeing an M101 Howitzer firing rounds right over their heads.
- Wyoming Libertarian Party's future may be in jeopardy Updated: Apr-25-15 4:32 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Some members of the Wyoming Libertarian Party said they plan to step up and run for leadership roles so the third-party group will not be disbanded because of lack of interest.
- Wyoming Highway Patrol reports trucker died in crash Updated: Apr-24-15 7:13 pm
SHERIDAN, Wyoming - A Sheridan man has died in a crash west of Dayton after losing control of his semitrailer on a steep grade in the Bighorn Mountains.