- Wyoming Highway Patrol: citizens reported trooper struggling Updated: May-01-15 7:26 pm
GREEN RIVER, Wyoming - The Wyoming Highway Patrol is thanking passing motorists who called 911 on Friday morning to report that a trooper was struggling with a suspect following a traffic stop on Interstate 80.
- Wyoming Department of Transportation takes aim at avalanches Updated: Apr-30-15 1:56 pm
JACKSON, Wyoming - If any drivers had been traveling over Teton Pass from Idaho to Wyoming on a recent morning, they probably would have turned tail and sped back to Teton Valley upon seeing an M101 Howitzer firing rounds right over their heads.
- Wyoming delegation backs bills against grouse protections Updated: Apr-28-15 2:05 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Wyoming's congressional delegation is supporting a legislative effort to block federal protection of the greater sage grouse.
- Wyoming Libertarian Party's future may be in jeopardy Updated: Apr-25-15 4:32 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Some members of the Wyoming Libertarian Party said they plan to step up and run for leadership roles so the third-party group will not be disbanded because of lack of interest.
- Wyoming Highway Patrol reports trucker died in crash Updated: Apr-24-15 7:13 pm
SHERIDAN, Wyoming - A Sheridan man has died in a crash west of Dayton after losing control of his semitrailer on a steep grade in the Bighorn Mountains.
- Charge reduced against trucker in fatal pileup in Wyoming Updated: Apr-21-15 8:31 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Crews reopened Interstate 80 on Tuesday, about 32 hours after a fiery chain-reaction crash involving more than 60 vehicles killed two people and became the second weather-related pileup to shut down the major trucking corridor in less than a week.
- Judge tosses Wyoming lawsuit seeking more horse roundups Updated: Apr-21-15 8:07 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A federal judge Tuesday dismissed a lawsuit filed by Wyoming officials that sought to compel the U.S. Bureau of Land Management to promptly round up several overpopulated wild horse herds in the western part of the state.
- Teton Pass to close Thursday morning for avalanche gun test Updated: Apr-21-15 7:58 pm
JACKSON, Wyoming - Teton Pass will be closed from 9 to 11 a.m. Thursday while the Wyoming Department of Transportation tests a new avalanche gun.
- Sheridan County appoints Mark Kinner to Wyoming House Updated: Apr-20-15 8:01 pm
SHERIDAN, Wyoming - Sheridan County banker Mark Kinner has been appointed to serve in the Wyoming House of Representatives, following the late Rep. John Patton, who died earlier this month.
- Wyoming legislators file brief opposing same-sex marriage Updated: Apr-20-15 6:34 pm
WORLAND, Wyoming - Sixteen Wyoming legislators have weighed in on a pending U.S. Supreme Court case arguing that states should have the right to refuse to allow same-sex couples to get married.
- Wyoming lawmakers consider new laws for marijuana edibles Updated: Apr-20-15 1:05 pm
RIVERTON, Wyoming - A legislative committee is looking at whether state law needs to be clarified on how the illegal use of edible marijuana is penalized in Wyoming.
- Col. John Butler to retire as head of Wyoming Highway Patrol Updated: Apr-18-15 7:05 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The head of the Wyoming Highway Patrol is retiring.
- Lawmakers want changes to law allowing property seizure Updated: Apr-17-15 4:10 pm
RIVERTON, Wyoming - A Wyoming legislative committee is considering bills to change the state law that allows law enforcement agencies to seize vehicles and other property they believe was used in drug crimes even if the owner hasn't been convicted.
- Conservation groups push back on federal lands transfer idea Updated: Apr-14-15 8:29 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Stung by a recent vote in Congress, national conservation groups are mustering opposition to the increasing call from many western states to transfer federal lands to state control.