- Wyoming, Montana unsatisfied with federal sage grouse plan Updated: Jul-30-15 6:58 pm
HELENA, Montana - The governors of Wyoming and Montana say a federal plan to protect the greater sage grouse is far more restrictive than Western states' own programs to help the struggling species.
- Wyoming Highway Patrol prepares for motorcycle rally traffic Updated: Jul-30-15 12:10 pm
CODY, Wyoming - Wyoming Highway Patrol is getting ready to handle increased motorcycle traffic during next week's 75th annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota.
- Lawmakers kill bill to make student emails private Updated: Jul-30-15 5:06 am
CASPER, Wyoming - Wyoming lawmakers have killed a proposal that would have made Wyoming the first state in the country to keep from public view all college student emails, even those concerning student government actions.
- Large number of vandalized roadway signs being replaced Updated: Jul-24-15 1:01 pm
RIVERTON, Wyoming - State officials say 22 percent of the roadway signs being replaced in northwest Wyoming have been vandalized.
- Correction: Fatal Crash-Powell story Updated: Jul-20-15 1:32 pm
POWELL, Wyoming - In a story July 17 about a pickup truck crash southeast of Powell, Wyoming, The Associated Press erroneously identified Pilar Snelling, a passenger who was killed, as a man. She was a woman.
- University of Wyoming Trustees discuss 2017-2018 budget Updated: Jul-18-15 3:50 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - University of Wyoming trustees have established employee compensation, retention and an improved financial accounting system as the top priorities for the 2017-2018 budget draft.
- Court: Casper clerk wrong in rejecting petition signatures Updated: Jul-18-15 1:05 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - The Wyoming Supreme Court has ruled that the Casper city clerk unfairly rejected signatures on a 2013 petition to put Casper's smoking ordinance to a public vote.
- Riverton man wants tougher license requirements Updated: Jul-09-15 3:42 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - It was May 22 when a 7-year-old girl wearing a sparkly pink backpack was struck and killed by a 77-year-old driver at a crosswalk in Riverton.
- Mead adviser: Delegation grouse work not counterproductive Updated: Jul-09-15 3:11 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Wyoming's congressional delegation and governor's office have different approaches to protecting the state's energy and ranching industries by keeping sage grouse off the endangered list - but that's not counterproductive, an adviser to Gov. Matt Mead told a state legislative committee Thursday.
- Crashes near Rawlins, Thermopolis kill man, woman Updated: Jul-06-15 11:26 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The Wyoming Highway Patrol is investigating two crashes that killed a woman near Rawlins and a man near Thermopolis.
- Officials look for new top Highway Patrol official Updated: Jul-06-15 10:43 am
CASPER, Wyoming - Wyoming Department of Transportation officials are considering recent grievances within the Highway Patrol as they look to appoint a new top official for the agency.
- Jackson mayor says she's pushing anti-discrimination measure Updated: Jul-02-15 8:23 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The mayor of Jackson is pushing an ordinance to ban discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity and says she expects to have a public hearing on it in coming weeks.
- Wyoming Highway Patrol recognizes 'top trooper' Updated: Jul-02-15 5:05 am
CASPER, Wyoming - Wyoming Highway Patrol is recognizing a trooper who patrols the Wheatland and Douglas area as a "top trooper."