- Secretary of state charged with theft, money laundering Updated: Aug-28-15 7:44 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico's Democratic attorney general on Friday charged Republican Secretary of State Dianna Duran with embezzlement, fraud, money laundering and campaign finance violations, further widening a rift between the two over enforcement of the state's laws governing campaigns.
- Suspect in chase dead after police shooting in Santa Fe Updated: Aug-25-15 9:53 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A driver who led law enforcement officers on high-speed chase along Interstate 25 from Albuquerque to Santa Fe was shot and killed early Tuesday after running away from his disabled pickup truck with a firearm and exchanging gunfire with officers, New Mexico State Police said.
- New Mexico governor meeting with executives in California Updated: Aug-24-15 12:13 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez and a group of economic development officials are visiting northern California for a round of business meetings.
- New Mexico State Police officer fired after missing hearing Updated: Aug-23-15 12:04 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A New Mexico State Police officer who missed a hearing related to a DWI arrest he made has been fired by the department.
- New Mexico council counters Bullock opposition to water law Updated: Aug-21-15 4:41 pm
HELENA, Montana - A guild of New Mexico recreation businesses on Friday hit back at Montana Gov. Steve Bullock for an opinion piece he submitted to the Albuquerque Journal that condemned a state law and encouraged New Mexicans to move to Montana.
- New Mexico court issues opinion on retention question Updated: Aug-20-15 5:05 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The New Mexico Supreme Court says any district judge who fills a midterm vacancy must stand for a nonpartisan retention election in the sixth year of what would have been the predecessor's term.
- State: Political party emails identified as spam years ago Updated: Aug-17-15 6:24 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Emails from the domain belonging to the Democratic Party of New Mexico were first blocked from state servers after being identified as spam four years ago, state technology officials said Monday.
- New Mexico State Police investigating fatal Hobbs shooting Updated: Aug-13-15 7:46 pm
HOBBS, New Mexico - New Mexico State Police are investigating a fatal shooting involving Hobbs police officers and Lea County Sheriff's deputies.
- Albuquerque can prohibit employees from running for office Updated: Aug-13-15 4:44 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The New Mexico Supreme Court has ruled Albuquerque can bar its firefighters and other employees from running for elected office.
- High court considers public funds for private school books Updated: Aug-13-15 2:56 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The New Mexico Supreme Court heard arguments over the state's practice of buying textbooks for private and religious schools, which critics said has robbed public schools of nearly $2 million a year.
- Board rejects appeals of New Mexico Attorney General firings Updated: Aug-06-15 2:08 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The New Mexico State Personnel Board has rejected appeals by 20 former employees of the state Attorney General's Office seeking to get their jobs back.
- Religion news in brief Updated: Aug-05-15 12:35 pm
Dems hit Bush after comments on funding for women's health
- New Mexico AG to hold first anti-crime review meeting Updated: Aug-03-15 10:52 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico Attorney General Hector Balderas is set to hold his first meeting with a taskforce reviewing the state's criminal justice system.
- New Mexico State Police: 2 drivers killed in fiery crash Updated: Jul-31-15 2:22 pm
ROSWELL, New Mexico - New Mexico State Police say two motorists were killed in a fiery collision involving three vehicles.