- AP Newsbreak: NM officer in van shooting suspended Updated: Dec-05-13 4:46 pm
- THP: No fatalities during no-fatality challenge Updated: Dec-05-13 4:05 am
- NM police chief to meet Taos leaders over shooting Updated: Dec-03-13 2:45 pm
- Court broadens domestic violence arrest authority Updated: Dec-03-13 7:47 am
- Lawmakers told NM needs 160K jobs over next decade Updated: Dec-02-13 8:50 pm
- Group to protest over NM minivan shooting Updated: Nov-30-13 1:34 pm
- New Mexico lawmakers commonly become lobbyists Updated: Nov-30-13 1:07 pm
- Audio reveals details of NM State Police shooting Updated: Nov-26-13 2:22 pm
- Police: Man arrested in Santa Fe girl's drug death Updated: Nov-26-13 1:11 pm
- NM State Police to join I-40 'Thanksgiving' patrol Updated: Nov-26-13 5:06 am
- Gov. Martinez's hold on capital projects disputed Updated: Nov-25-13 7:58 pm
- State Police pay overhaul could cost $10.8 million Updated: Nov-20-13 8:40 pm
- 5th Democrat joins New Mexico governor's race Updated: Nov-20-13 4:52 pm
- Gov. Martinez to attend GOP meeting in Arizona Updated: Nov-18-13 5:05 am
- NMSU to help with lottery scholarships Updated: Nov-17-13 5:28 pm
- NM law enforcement to start Holiday Superblitz Updated: Nov-15-13 5:34 am
- Amtrak route in jeopardy in NM, other states Updated: Nov-12-13 5:08 pm
- Former NM GOP chairman John Dendahl dies Updated: Nov-10-13 2:32 pm
- Murder conviction upheld despite trial delay Updated: Nov-08-13 5:07 am
- Minimum retirement age for lawmakers proposed Updated: Nov-07-13 9:02 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The New Mexico State Police officer who fired shots at a minivan full of children during a chaotic October traffic stop has been suspended, an agency official said Thursday.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Highway Patrol and state Department of Safety and Homeland Security say a goal to have zero fatalities on Interstate 40 over the Thanksgiving holiday appears to have been met.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico State Police Chief Pete Kassetas will meet with some Taos residents over a case involving an officer shooting at a minivan with a mom and five children inside, the department announced.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico's highest court is giving police more leeway to make arrests without a warrant in domestic violence cases.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A report to lawmakers says New Mexico needs to create about 16,000 jobs annually over the next decade to keep pace with population growth, reduce unemployment and offset future jobs losses if the state wants to return to 2007 pre-recession employment levels.
TAOS, New Mexico - A routine traffic stop that turned to chaos when a teen physically confronted one New Mexico State Police officer and another officer fired shots at a minivan carrying children has sparked protest.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Kent Cravens is among the more than two dozen former state legislators who have made the switch to lobbying.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico State Police never provided a reason to a Santa Fe police dispatcher for a high-speed pursuit the night one of its officers shot and killed a 39-year-old woman, a newly released dispatch recording reveals.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico State Police have made an arrest in connection with the death of a 14-year-old Santa Fe girl who became ill after taking the illegal drug ecstasy before a concert at the state fairgrounds in Albuquerque.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico State Police are set to join other state and federal agencies in an aggressive patrol of Interstate 40 during the Thanksgiving weekend.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Republican Gov. Susana Martinez's administration said Monday it will continue withholding money for some legislatively approved capital improvement projects, although the attorney general's office has concluded the governor can't unilaterally do that.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Increasing pay for New Mexico State Police officers to make their salaries competitive with other law enforcement agencies could cost nearly $10.8 million, lawmakers were told Wednesday.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Lawrence Rael, who helped start the Rail Runner commuter rail system, entered the race for governor on Wednesday, becoming the fifth Democrat seeking to unseat Republican incumbent Susana Martinez.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez plans to travel to Arizona this week for a meeting of the Republican Governors Association.
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Officials at New Mexico State University are bracing for changes that may come next spring as uncertainties remain about how much tuition lottery scholarships will cover.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico law enforcement agents will be targeting drunken drivers, speeders and those who aren't wearing their seat belts throughout the holiday season.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico, Colorado and Kansas communities face the potential loss of passenger rail service if Amtrak fails to reach a new agreement by 2016 for maintaining and upgrading portions of the Southwest Chief route through those states, the rail operator said Tuesday.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - John Dendahl, who led the Republican Party of New Mexico for nearly a decade and was known for his fearless challenges of Democrats, has died. He was 75.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico's highest court has upheld the convictions of a Las Cruces man whose murder trial was postponed for nearly four years.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A proposal to establish a minimum retirement age for New Mexico legislators to receive a taxpayer-funded pension won the endorsement of a legislative study panel Thursday but likely faces an uphill battle in next year's legislative session.