- Nursing home chain asks judge to dismiss NM lawsuit Updated: May-21-15 3:34 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A Texas-based nursing home chain has asked a judge to dismiss a lawsuit filed by the New Mexico Attorney General's Office, calling it a case of "greed and opportunism."
- Bernalillo County DA wants fed probe into Albuquerque police Updated: May-21-15 1:23 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A New Mexico district attorney who drew national attention for seeking murder charges against two officers wants federal authorities to probe Albuquerque police's bribery investigation into her.
- New Mexico GOP lodges records complaint against auditor Updated: May-20-15 6:37 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The Republican Party of New Mexico has lodged a complaint saying the state auditor violated the public records act by ignoring a request for his emails and other information.
- Ted Turner ranch in New Mexico caught in wolf debate Updated: May-18-15 7:56 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Media mogul Ted Turner set out years ago to establish a fund to bolster the dwindling populations of everything from falcons and frogs to Mexican gray wolves, using the nearly 2 million acres he owns in a dozen western states as home base for the projects.
- Report says schools can do more to prevent teen pregnancy Updated: May-16-15 5:19 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico has no clear strategy on how to keep decreasing what is currently the second-highest rate of teens giving birth nationwide, according to a legislative report out this week.
- New Mexico Supreme Court to rule in assessor lawsuit Updated: May-16-15 6:14 am
CARLSBAD, New Mexico - A lawsuit that will determine if county officials can hire outside contractors for technical assistance is in the hands of the New Mexico Supreme Court.
- New Mexico attorney general to review police training goals Updated: May-12-15 5:17 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The state attorney general said Tuesday he will review the curriculum of the New Mexico Law Enforcement Academy and seek ways to ensure officer discipline is handled appropriately.
- Martinez's low profile fuels talk of national GOP stage Updated: May-10-15 3:10 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Even when keeping a low profile, New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez can't quiet speculation that she could play a role in Republicans' hopes for 2016.
- State Police seek driver who allegedly shot pedestrian Updated: May-10-15 5:02 am
CUBA, New Mexico - New Mexico State Police are searching for a suspect in a Cuba shooting last month sparked by road rage.
- Conviction upheld of Hobbs woman in daughter's 2007 death Updated: May-07-15 6:08 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The New Mexico Supreme Court has upheld conviction of a Hobbs woman in the 2007 death of her infant daughter.
- New Mexico's commuter rail line faced with financial burdens Updated: May-07-15 3:10 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - When launched in 2006, a New Mexico commuter rail line that would one day connect two of the state's most well-known cities was hailed as a progressive step toward taking people out of cars and putting them on the train.
- Court says trial of sheriff's deputy for DWI can continue Updated: May-05-15 11:31 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The state Supreme Court has rejected a sheriff deputy's claim of double jeopardy in a DWI case.
- NTSB: Train worker likely to survive if he hadn't jumped Updated: Apr-29-15 6:40 pm
ROSWELL, New Mexico - Officials say a crew member who was aboard a freight train that struck a parked train in New Mexico probably would have survived if he had not jumped from the train right before impact.
- More NM mayors call for special session to pass key bill Updated: Apr-28-15 5:06 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The list of mayors urging Gov. Susana Martinez to call a special session to consider funding more than $260 million in public improvement projects has doubled to nearly 100.
- State Police probe: Albuquerque officer used excessive force Updated: Apr-24-15 9:40 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico State Police say their investigation has concluded that an Albuquerque police officer used excessive force during a call for service last month.