- New Mexico lifts tax from aircraft maintenance Updated: Mar-06-14 5:41 pm
- Lawmaker facing campaign over education proposal Updated: Mar-06-14 12:37 pm
- New Mexico governor: Tone down political rhetoric Updated: Mar-05-14 6:57 pm
- New Mexico police chief: Curriculum to be released Updated: Mar-05-14 6:21 pm
- Correction: Mexican Wolves story Updated: Mar-04-14 6:16 pm
- New Mexico governor to unveil GOP candidates plan Updated: Mar-04-14 6:05 pm
- New Mexico revenues stronger so far this year Updated: Mar-04-14 7:50 am
- New Mexico governor OKs aircraft industry tax cut Updated: Mar-03-14 7:25 pm
- Request to oust judge from slaughter suit denied Updated: Mar-03-14 9:33 am
- Ban on texting while driving to become NM law Updated: Mar-02-14 4:58 pm
- New law protects service members' parental rights Updated: Mar-01-14 5:12 pm
- New Mexico House GOP minority leader to retire Updated: Feb-28-14 11:04 am
- Governor signs bill to expedite nurse licensing Updated: Feb-28-14 5:06 am
- New Mexico lawmakers average $16K in compensation Updated: Feb-27-14 2:37 pm
- Prosecutor to run New Mexico public safety agency Updated: Feb-26-14 6:35 pm
- Lobbyists spent $200,000 on dinners, golf, skiing Updated: Feb-26-14 5:46 pm
- Police: Santa Rosa officer shoots Oklahoma man Updated: Feb-26-14 10:23 am
- New Mexico court to hear arguments on tribe's suit Updated: Feb-25-14 8:47 am
- New Mexico lieutenant governor named to GOP group Updated: Feb-25-14 5:07 am
- New Mexico lawmakers pass more bills than in 2012 Updated: Feb-24-14 7:43 am
- NM session ends with inaction on Amtrak route Updated: Feb-23-14 2:49 pm
- New Mexico Democratic legislative leader retiring Updated: Feb-21-14 7:06 pm
- Highlights of New Mexico legislative session Updated: Feb-20-14 6:46 pm
- New Mexico Legislature adjourns 30-day session Updated: Feb-20-14 5:09 pm
- Legislature approves budget as adjournment nears Updated: Feb-20-14 1:13 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico will no longer tax parts and labor for maintaining aircraft under a new law taking effect in July.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A liberal advocacy group has launched a campaign against a New Mexico lawmaker for opposing a proposal to increase spending on early childhood education.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Political opponents should tone down their harsh rhetoric and critics of President Barack Obama still need to respect his office despite political differences, New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez said Wednesday.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New proposed state police training material that critics say gives officers more leeway to use deadly force will be released to the public next week, New Mexico Police Chief Pete Kassetas said Wednesday.
PHOENIX - In a story Feb. 24 about an Arizona bill allowing ranchers to kill Mexican wolves, The Associated Press erroneously reported the number of wolves in Arizona and New Mexico as 33. The correct number of wolves in Arizona and New Mexico is 83.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez is set to unveil a plan aimed at electing "75 diverse candidates" and 150 women to office across the country as Republicans.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A legislative panel reports New Mexico's revenue collections are stronger than expected during the first half of the fiscal year.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Gov. Susana Martinez signed into law Monday a tax break to help New Mexico's aviation industry.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The New Mexico Supreme Court is refusing to bar a District Court judge from handling a lawsuit against a proposed horse slaughterhouse in Roswell.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A proposal to ban texting while driving in New Mexico has become a state law.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico parents who also serve in the armed forces won't have to worry about child custody disputes while away on deployment.
HOBBS, New Mexico - Donald Bratton, the New Mexico House Republican minority leader and longtime Hobbs lawmaker announced Thursday that he will not seek re-election.
FARMINGTON, New Mexico - Gov. Susana Martinez has signed into law a measure to expedite licensing of nurses who move to New Mexico from other states.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico legislators averaged a little more than $16,000 in compensation last year although they received no annual salary.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Veteran federal prosecutor Greg Fouratt was named Wednesday by New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez to run the Department of Public Safety.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Lobbyists and their clients spent at least $200,000 during New Mexico's just ended legislative session hosting pricey dinners, receptions and providing lawmakers with free golf and skiing.
SANTA ROSA, New Mexico - Authorities say a Santa Rosa police officer has shot a 20-year-old Oklahoma man during a chase.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The New Mexico Supreme court plans a March 10 hearing for arguments on an Oklahoma-based tribe's lawsuit to force Gov. Susana Martinez to recognize its status in New Mexico.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico Lt. Gov. John Sanchez has been named to the executive committee of a national group that helps elect Republican lieutenant governors.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The New Mexico Legislature approved more bills this year than it did during the last 30-day session.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The New Mexico legislative session failed to make any commitment Thursday to fund the state's share of costs to keep Amtrak's Southwest Chief on its current route.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - House Majority Leader Rick Miera says he's not seeking re-election this year.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A look at proposals that passed and failed during the 30-day session of the Legislature, which ended Thursday.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The Legislature crossed the finish line Thursday of a 30-day session after agreeing on a plan to temporarily shore up a lottery-funded college scholarship program.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The Legislature wrapped up work Wednesday on a must-do state budget proposal as the 30-day session neared an end.