- Report: Trooper said he was OK before he collapsed, died Updated: Sep-29-15 7:06 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A state trooper who died of heatstroke during a tryout for the state police tactical team had told trainers concerned about him that he was fine but tired, according to a report released Tuesday.
- Vermont State Police say trucker dies after Lemington crash Updated: Sep-28-15 4:07 pm
LEMINGTON, Vermont - State police say a trucker is dead following a crash on Vermont Route 102 in the Northeast Kingdom town of Lemington.
- $1.4M grant to help state police fight heroin trafficking Updated: Sep-28-15 11:02 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A $1.4 million federal grant is going to the Vermont State Police for additional troopers dedicated to fighting heroin and opioid trafficking.
- Massachusetts man dies in motorcycle crash in Vermont Updated: Sep-27-15 3:03 am
WILLISTON, Vermont - Vermont State Police say a motorcyclist from Massachusetts was killed in a crash in Chittenden County.
- Vermont changes Amber Alert procedures after recent case Updated: Sep-16-15 6:09 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont Public Safety officials are making some changes to the way Amber Alert messages are sent out in the state when a child is missing and believed to be in danger, officials said Wednesday.
- Man hurt in officer involved shooting misses court date Updated: Sep-15-15 6:45 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A man shot in the leg by a Vermont State trooper during a confrontation in Fayston has missed a court appearance on charges of trespassing simple assault on an officer.
- Vermont State Police to investigate failed Amber Alerts Updated: Sep-09-15 7:52 am
WATERBURY, Vermont - State Police say they plan to investigate after scores of Vermonters reported Amber Alert issues on their cellphones following the abduction of a 4-year-old over the weekend.