- Penn St. trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote Updated: Mar-08-14 2:26 pm
- Pa. GOP feud spills into public at sensitive time Updated: Mar-08-14 9:21 am
- Report: pregnant wife of Pa. trooper fatally shot Updated: Mar-07-14 6:49 pm
- Paper: Tab for Kane's Sandusky review now $96K Updated: Mar-04-14 8:47 am
- Pa. official to discuss transportation in Michigan Updated: Mar-03-14 1:15 pm
- Southbound I-83 in Pa. reopens after drainage fix Updated: Mar-02-14 12:40 pm
- Pa. Democrats vying for Lt. Gov. clash on drilling Updated: Mar-01-14 3:46 pm
- Pa. Dem gov hopefuls stick to script in debate Updated: Feb-28-14 10:55 pm
- Pa. lawmakers mull emergency responder shortage Updated: Feb-28-14 11:58 am
- Casey urges Pa. legislature to sidestep union bill Updated: Feb-26-14 4:34 pm
- Pa. AG seeks complaints about electric-bill spikes Updated: Feb-26-14 12:36 pm
- Polls show support for Wolf in Pa. governor's race Updated: Feb-26-14 12:15 pm
- Cops hope static leads to Pa. fire radio thieves Updated: Feb-26-14 11:02 am
- Pa. to address road salt shortage by hitting road Updated: Feb-25-14 8:04 pm
- Parole looms for 2 convicted ex-Pa. House speakers Updated: Feb-25-14 4:28 pm
- Feds say Pa. prisons misuse solitary confinement Updated: Feb-25-14 11:41 am
- Pa. Democratic candidates eye 'Delaware Loophole' Updated: Feb-24-14 8:38 pm
- Pa. AG will drop daughter's assisted-suicide case Updated: Feb-24-14 7:52 pm
- Cheating allegations probed on W. Pa police tests Updated: Feb-24-14 6:26 pm
- Corbett: New Penn State president a good choice Updated: Feb-22-14 8:25 pm
- Pa. Supreme Court won't revisit gas drilling case Updated: Feb-21-14 8:49 pm
- Pa. lawyers defend state's same-sex marriage ban Updated: Feb-20-14 6:26 pm
- Third parties poised to pick Pa. governor nominees Updated: Feb-20-14 6:12 pm
- Libertarian Ken Krawchuk to run for Pa. governor Updated: Feb-20-14 10:32 am
- 50-vehicle crash closes I-80 in Pennsylvania Updated: Feb-19-14 2:44 pm
HERSHEY, Pennsylvania - A longtime member of the Penn State University Board of Trustees has resigned, saying he regrets his vote to fire Hall of Fame football coach Joe Paterno days after the arrest of Jerry Sandusky on child sexual abuse charges.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The simmering feud between establishment Republicans in Pennsylvania and the party's wing of anti-establishment conservatives is exploding into the public in a way it rarely, if ever, has. And it is doing so at a time when Republicans are at risk of losing the control of Harrisburg they have enjoyed for three years.
NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - Police say a woman has died of a gunshot wound in her southeastern Pennsylvania home.
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - A newspaper says documents it has obtained show Attorney General Kathleen Kane's office has spent more than $96,000 in its review of the Jerry Sandusky child-sex investigation.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A top Pennsylvania Department of Transportation official will travel to Michigan to discuss how Pennsylvania passed a major transportation funding bill.
NEW FREEDOM, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation says southbound Interstate 83 has reopened near the Maryland border after crews fixed a deteriorating drainage pipe.
HARRISUBURG, Pennsylvania - Six Democrats running for lieutenant governor of Pennsylvania clashed during a debate Saturday in front of the party's liberal activists over whether the state should stop, at least temporarily, drilling in the Marcellus Shale natural gas formation.
HARRISUBURG, Pennsylvania - Democrats competing to be the party's standard-bearer against Republican Gov. Tom Corbett stuck close to their campaign scripts in a Friday night debate before several hundred people, but the two-hour session produced a few surprises.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - In 1977, there were 300,000 volunteer firefighters. Today, the number is closer to 50,000.
WASHINGTON - Stepping into a heated political battle, U.S. Sen. Bob Casey is urging Republican leaders of Pennsylvania's legislature not to move forward on a bill that would make it harder for labor unions to collect dues and political action contributions through payroll deductions.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's attorney general is encouraging people to contact her office if they have complaints about unexpected and dramatic increases in electricity bills.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Democratic candidate Tom Wolf distanced himself from the pack in two polls released Wednesday in Pennsylvania's gubernatorial race, making him a target for critics in both parties.
EBENSBURG, Pennsylvania - State police and the Federal Communications Commission have had it with the static - and other nonsense - being broadcast by whoever has stolen two-way radios from two southwestern Pennsylvania volunteer fire departments.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation is sending commercial haulers to Delaware to pick up 20,000 tons of recently purchased road salt - a commodity in high demand after a series of winter storms.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - John Perzel and Bill DeWeese, longtime political adversaries who both served stints as speaker of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, are on the verge of being paroled after serving nearly two years in prison for their roles in a legislative corruption scandal.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A new report by the U.S. Justice Department concluded the Pennsylvania prison system has employed solitary confinement too often for inmates who exhibit mental illness or have intellectual disabilities.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Despite GOP-backed legislation last year designed to put the issue to rest, closing the so-called "Delaware Loophole" is a popular issue on the campaign trail for Democrats running for governor in Pennsylvania.
PHILADELPHIA - Pennsylvania's attorney general won't appeal a recent ruling that clears a nurse of assisted-suicide charges in her elderly father's death.
PITTSBURGH - The Pennsylvania State Police are investigating allegations that a number of municipal police officers from western Pennsylvania cheated on recent exams.
WASHINGTON - Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett on Saturday called Penn State's next president the "right person for the job" who brings a strong track record as a financial manager.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's highest court said Friday it would not revisit its decision striking down a state law that took zoning decisions about natural gas drilling out of the hands of local governments.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Lawyers for Gov. Tom Corbett's administration are urging a state judge to uphold Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage by throwing out a lawsuit brought by more than two dozen same-sex couples that challenges its constitutionality.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - At least two third-party candidates are hoping to compete against Republican Gov. Tom Corbett and his Democratic challenger when Pennsylvanians elect a governor this fall.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A Libertarian Party activist is the first third-party candidate to enter the Pennsylvania governor's race.
SHAWVILLE, Pennsylvania - A chain-reaction crash involving an estimated 50 vehicles, most of them tractor-trailers, on icy Interstate 80 in western Pennsylvania forced the closure of westbound lanes for much of the day. No serious injuries were immediately reported.