- For unions, Democrats' 2014 primary is a dilemma Updated: Dec-07-13 2:37 pm
- Pa. transportation chief defends new road-revenue Updated: Dec-04-13 7:10 pm
- Stevenson, western Pa. GOP House member, to retire Updated: Dec-04-13 10:34 am
- Pa. House debates economic furloughs at schools Updated: Dec-03-13 3:37 pm
- Speed blamed for fiery tanker truck crash on I-81 Updated: Dec-03-13 2:58 pm
- Pa. state revenues slightly ahead after 5 months Updated: Dec-02-13 4:15 pm
- Suppliers say Pa. fuel tax hike to hit pump prices Updated: Nov-29-13 3:48 pm
- Pa. high court turns down ex-Rep. DeWeese's appeal Updated: Nov-27-13 3:47 pm
- Lawmaker's ex-aide gets 1½ years in grant fraud Updated: Nov-26-13 8:04 am
- Corbett signs $2.3 billion Pa. transportation bill Updated: Nov-25-13 3:37 pm
- Holidays bring annual pay bump for Pa. officials Updated: Nov-25-13 3:29 pm
- Medicaid and minimum wage making way into Pa. race Updated: Nov-24-13 4:36 pm
- Man 'tipped' by Pa. lawmaker waives gambling case Updated: Nov-21-13 9:05 am
- Pa. horse racing agencies said to face insolvency Updated: Nov-20-13 5:48 pm
- Pa. lawmakers outline plan to shrink PSU board Updated: Nov-20-13 1:34 pm
- DNA testing bill clears Pa. House panel Updated: Nov-19-13 5:08 pm
- Pa. bill to expand police recorder use advances Updated: Nov-19-13 2:46 pm
- Gambling expansion at Pa. bars OK'd by lawmakers Updated: Nov-18-13 6:43 pm
- Pa. medical marijuana bill has bi-partisan support Updated: Nov-18-13 3:46 pm
- NY woman tells Pa. cops cocaine is homemade soap Updated: Nov-15-13 5:46 pm
- Former Pa. House aide sues over corruption arrest Updated: Nov-14-13 6:28 pm
- Mayors in Ga., Wis., Pa., urge Medicaid expansion Updated: Nov-13-13 3:23 pm
- Former Pa. congressman named to state liquor board Updated: Nov-13-13 2:24 pm
- Disputed Pa. endangered species bill advances Updated: Nov-13-13 1:58 pm
- Pa. Capitol rally pushes 'In God We Trust' mandate Updated: Nov-13-13 12:15 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - In 2002, the clock hadn't even struck 12:01 a.m. before Pennsylvania's labor unions had given well beyond $1 million to Bob Casey, the rising star of the state Democratic Party who nevertheless went on to lose the gubernatorial primary to Ed Rendell six months later in a race that wasn't even close.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Transportation Secretary Barry Schoch said Wednesday that opposition to a new law that raises billions of dollars in higher fees and taxes to fund transportation needs has not surprised him, and has been countered by support from those who believe passage of the legislation was the right thing to do.
GROVE CITY, Pennsylvania - A member of the Republican leadership in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives says he won't to seek another term next year.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania public schools would have wider latitude to furlough employees during tough economic times and would not have to start with the least senior workers under proposals that were debated Tuesday in the state Capitol.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Excessive speed caused the fiery tanker truck crash at an interstate interchange in Harrisburg earlier this year, the Pennsylvania State Police said Tuesday.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's tax collections are slightly above projections, according to the latest figures from the Revenue Department.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's new transportation law will raise fuel taxes Jan. 1 and companies that supply gas and diesel in Pennsylvania say razor-thin profit margins leave them little choice but to pass on the entire cost increase to the pump.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Former state Rep. Bill DeWeese has lost another round in his bid for a new trial on corruption charges.
PHILADELPHIA - A former aide to a state lawmaker has been sentenced to a year and a half in federal prison on convictions of misuse of state grant money.
SPRING MILLS, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Corbett signed a bill Monday that will pump billions of dollars into improvements to Pennsylvania's highways, bridges and mass-transit systems, a major achievement that could energize Corbett's 2014 re-election campaign.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania state lawmakers, judges and top executive branch officials - including Gov. Tom Corbett - will see a few hundred dollars more in salary in 2014, unless they decline it.
PHILADELPHIA - Democrats who are vying for the party's nomination to run for governor are positioning themselves to run on issues including expanding Medicaid, extending kindergarten to full day and increasing the minimum wage.
PITTSBURGH - A western Pennsylvania man who was heard on wiretaps being tipped off by a state lawmaker about an investigation into his alleged illegal video poker operation has waived those charges to court.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The two state commissions that regulate horse racing in Pennsylvania are on the brink of insolvency, officials said Wednesday, and two top state senators are calling for the commissions to be dissolved and the regulatory responsibilities shifted to the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A new legislative proposal outlined Wednesday would shrink Penn State's board from 30 to 23 voting members, a change designed to make the board work more efficiently and create a more inclusive system of doing business.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A bill that would expand the authority of police in Pennsylvania to take DNA samples from many suspects before they are convicted of crimes won approval from a key legislative panel Tuesday.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A bill is advancing in the Pennsylvania state Senate that would allow police officers to use recording devices more broadly without court approval.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Thousands of bars in Pennsylvania will be able to offer small games of chance after Gov. Tom Corbett signs a bill given final approval by lawmakers on Monday in the state's largest expansion of gambling since table games at casinos, bringing millions in tax revenue to the state treasury.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Two state senators, one a Republican and the other a Democrat, said Monday they plan to introduce a bill to legalize a certain form of marijuana for medicinal use in Pennsylvania in an effort to help children who suffer seizures and potentially many others, including patients suffering through chemotherapy.
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - Homemade soap? Nope.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A former Pennsylvania House Republican legislative aide sued Gov. Tom Corbett and six others Thursday for what he claims was malicious prosecution during an investigation into misuse of government resources for political campaigns.
MILWAUKEE - The mayors of Atlanta, Milwaukee and Philadelphia are pushing for their states to expand Medicaid so federally funded health insurance is available to hundreds of thousands of working poor who could lose coverage Jan. 1.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A former congressman from central Pennsylvania is the newest member of the state Liquor Control Board.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A bill that would shift final decisions on designating Pennsylvania's endangered species from the state's wildlife and fish agencies to a panel of five political appointees advanced a step in the state House of Representatives on Wednesday.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Supporters of a bill to require public schools to post "In God We Trust" are pushing for passage of the proposal.