- Bundesliga relegation battle heats up Updated: Apr-17-14 7:30 am
- Germany to see some familiar faces at World Cup Updated: Apr-11-14 5:44 am
- 5 Greece players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-09-14 5:12 am
- Madrid's Jese Rodriguez has 2nd knee operation Updated: Apr-05-14 6:02 am
- Basel ordered to play Europa QF in empty stadium Updated: Mar-26-14 1:14 pm
- Bayern wins Bundesliga tittle in record time Updated: Mar-25-14 7:40 pm
- German Football Champions Updated: Mar-25-14 5:42 pm
- Bayern's dominance makes for boring Bundesliga Updated: Mar-24-14 8:59 am
BERLIN - The relegation battle and race for the last Champions League qualification spot take center stage in the Bundesliga with just four games of the season remaining. League champion Bayern Munich has already turned its attention to defending its Champions League and German Cup titles and will use the remaining games as warm-ups for Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund. There are no games on Friday so the 31st round of games gets underway Thursday night with Eintracht Frankfurt hosting Hannover. Here are five things to know ahead of the Easter weekend's games:
FRANKFURT, Germany - Germany will have two of its former coaches trying to prevent it from winning Group G at the World Cup.
ATHENS, Greece - With few famous players, Greece will rely heavily on a handful of team members who had a decisive role in qualifying for the World Cup.
MADRID - Real Madrid forward Jese Rodriguez has undergone more surgery on his injured right knee.
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has punished Basel for fan hooliganism by ordering the Swiss club to play its home Europa League quarterfinal against Valencia in an empty stadium.
BERLIN - Two months before the season ends, Bayern Munich can claim one of the best seasons in German soccer history.
FRANKFURT, Germany - It wasn't always so easy for Bayern Munich.