- Bayern beats Kaiserslautern 5-1 Updated: Apr-16-14 5:13 pm
- Reus, Liverpool top AP football poll Updated: Apr-15-14 1:21 pm
- Bayern defender Rafinha banned for 3 games Updated: Apr-14-14 12:36 pm
- Bayern signs Frankfurt midfielder Sebastian Rode Updated: Apr-14-14 8:00 am
- Champions semis: Madrid-Bayern, Atletico-Chelsea Updated: Apr-11-14 2:05 pm
- Champions League Draw List Updated: Apr-11-14 9:09 am
- Klinsmann's job is to transform US football Updated: Apr-11-14 5:54 am
- 5 Germany players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-11-14 5:47 am
- United losing luster on Europe's biggest stage Updated: Apr-10-14 2:36 pm
- United losing luster on Europe's biggest stage Updated: Apr-10-14 9:20 am
- Barca's Champs League exit adds to post-Pep slide Updated: Apr-10-14 7:27 am
- 5 things to know about Bundesliga weekend Updated: Apr-10-14 6:32 am
- Retiring Hitzfeld aims to go out on World Cup high Updated: Apr-10-14 5:45 am
- Atletico beats Barcelona to reach Champions semis Updated: Apr-09-14 6:36 pm
- Bayern beats United 3-1 to reach Champions semis Updated: Apr-09-14 6:26 pm
- Dortmund signs striker Ramos from Hertha Berlin Updated: Apr-09-14 8:32 am
- Bayern Munich has trouble against English clubs Updated: Apr-08-14 1:06 pm
- 5 Croatian players to watch at World Cup in Brazil Updated: Apr-08-14 5:06 am
- Croatia coach Kovac: Little experience, high hopes Updated: Apr-08-14 5:02 am
- Chelsea, Man United face uphill task in CL Updated: Apr-06-14 4:30 pm
- Rooney doubtful for Bayern game with toe injury Updated: Apr-04-14 5:57 pm
- Bayern attacks British papers over Schweinsteiger Updated: Apr-03-14 8:53 am
- Bayern held 1-1 by Man United in Champions League Updated: Apr-01-14 6:37 pm
- Guardiola proves a safer pair of hands than Moyes Updated: Mar-31-14 2:00 pm
- Bayern midfielder Thiago Alcantara out 6-8 weeks Updated: Mar-29-14 4:17 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Title holder Bayern Munich cruised to its 20th German Cup final by beating second-division Kaiserslautern 5-1 on Wednesday.
LONDON - Liverpool took team of the week honors for the fourth time this season in The Associated Press weekly football poll following its 3-2 victory over English Premier League title rival Manchester City.
NYON, Switzerland - Draw Friday for the Champions League semifinals:
NEW YORK - Jurgen Klinsmann was hired to transform American football.
FRANKFURT, Germany - Germany departs for the World Cup as one of the teams to beat despite having a relatively young squad.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United has just about faded into European soccer irrelevance.
MANCHESTER, England - As Manchester United waved goodbye to the Champions League for almost certainly 18 months at least, the reality is dawning on England's biggest club of the last 20 years that it has now sunk to second-tier status in European football.
MADRID - While it may be too soon to call Barcelona's Champions League exit the end of an era, the Spanish champion doesn't seem to have recovered from former coach Pep Guardiola's departure two seasons ago.
MUNICH - Normally, a Bayern Munich vs. Borussia Dortmund showdown in mid-April could be decisive for the Bundesliga title. There is little more at stake in Saturday's match in Munich, however, than pride.
GENEVA - Switzerland coach Ottmar Hitzfeld plans to end his illustrious career in Brazil, ideally in July and not June.
MADRID - Atletico Madrid finally got the better of Spanish rival Barcelona on Wednesday as Koke's early goal guided his team to a 1-0 win and into the Champions League semifinals with a 2-1 aggregate victory.
MUNICH - Bayern Munich needed a bit of a wake-up call against a surprisingly resilient Manchester United team. Once it came, there was no stopping the defending champions from reaching a third straight Champions League semifinal.
MUNICH - Champions League title holder Bayern Munich has not won a match since lifting the Bundesliga title with seven games to spare. That run includes the 1-1 draw at Manchester United in the first quarterfinal leg and Bayern's first Bundesliga defeat this season, a 1-0 loss at Augsburg.
ZAGREB, Croatia - Croatia has one of the most stylish midfielders in world football, and one of the top strikers.
ZAGREB, Croatia - Niko Kovac wants to combine a German winning mentality with some Croatian flare at the World Cup in Brazil, and he just might have the background to succeed.
LONDON - Once again, English clubs look set for a premature exit in the Champions League. On Wednesday, Manchester United must beat Bayern Munich or earn a high-scoring draw following their 1-1 result at Old Trafford, and Chelsea must overcome a 3-1 deficit from the first leg to reach the semifinals at the expense of Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has been ruled out of Saturday's Premier League game against Newcastle with a toe injury, and is doubtful for the Champions League return leg against Bayern Munich next week.
MUNICH - Bayern Munich is denying two British newspapers accreditation for the second leg of the Champions League quarterfinal against Manchester United after taking exception to their coverage of midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United confounded grim pre-game predictions by drawing 1-1 with Bayern Munich in the first leg of their Champions League quarterfinal on Tuesday, with Bastian Schweinsteiger equalizing for the holders before being sent off.
MANCHESTER, England - As David Moyes lurches from one setback to another in his troubled first season at Old Trafford, Manchester United's hierarchy may well be casting envious glances at Bayern Munich to discover just how smooth managerial transition can be.