- Arsenal's momentum halted by Everton; Fulham wins Updated: Dec-08-13 7:33 pm
- Bayern to travel to Hamburg in German Cup Updated: Dec-08-13 12:42 pm
- Arjen Robben out for 6 weeks with knee injury Updated: Dec-05-13 8:00 am
- 5 things to know about Bundesliga round Updated: Dec-05-13 7:21 am
- AP soccer poll honors: Gareth Bale, Arsenal Updated: Dec-03-13 11:50 am
- Bale top player, Arsenal 1st in AP football poll Updated: Dec-03-13 11:04 am
- How Switzerland joined the World Cup seeded elite Updated: Dec-02-13 12:24 pm
- How Switzerland joined the World Cup seeded elite Updated: Dec-02-13 8:32 am
- Column: Because of Messi, Ronaldo for Golden Ball Updated: Nov-29-13 1:55 pm
- Column: Because of Messi, Ronaldo for Ballon d'Or Updated: Nov-29-13 1:09 pm
- City beats Plzen 4-2 in Champions League Updated: Nov-27-13 6:17 pm
- Real, Man United, PSG advance in Champions League Updated: Nov-27-13 6:11 pm
- Bayern beats CSKA 3-1 in Champions League Updated: Nov-27-13 3:26 pm
- Quotes from voters in AP football poll Updated: Nov-26-13 11:26 am
- 5 things to know about Group A of Champions League Updated: Nov-26-13 7:45 am
- Bayern Munich wants 1st place in Group D Updated: Nov-26-13 6:41 am
- Bill Foulkes, Man U survivor of 1958 crash, dies Updated: Nov-25-13 9:56 am
- Napoli, Arsenal looking to advance from Group F Updated: Nov-25-13 7:17 am
- Franck Ribery says he'll be back by Club World Cup Updated: Nov-22-13 12:11 pm
- Franck Ribery cracks rib, to miss derby Updated: Nov-21-13 7:57 am
- Dortmund loses 2 more defenders ahead of derby Updated: Nov-20-13 1:16 pm
- Superb Ronaldo boosts Ballon d'Or hopes over Messi Updated: Nov-20-13 9:41 am
- Doping team visits Bayern as FIFA tests top stars Updated: Nov-14-13 7:39 am
- Juventus, Real Madrid tied as top team in AP poll Updated: Nov-12-13 12:16 pm
- Ribery hopes Ukraine's defenders all focus on him Updated: Nov-11-13 1:27 pm
BERLIN - First-place Arsenal lost momentum in the Premier League Sunday, allowing a late equalizer in a 1-1 draw with Everton, while Fulham beat Aston Villa to give new manager Rene Meulensteen his first victory.
LONDON - Gareth Bale took first place in The Associated Press global soccer poll Tuesday after scoring his first hat trick for Real Madrid.
GENEVA - There is one certainty among many possibilities offered by the World Cup draw Friday: Most teams want to be in Switzerland's group.
GENEVA - There is one certainty among many possibilities offered by the World Cup draw on Friday: Most teams want to be in Switzerland's group.
PARIS - What's not to like about Cristiano Ronaldo? Other than the fact that he's fabulously rich, a giant success in his chosen profession, has a cute-looking son and steps out with a fashion model.
PARIS - What's not to like about Cristiano Ronaldo? Other than the fact that he's fabulously rich, a giant success in his chosen profession, steps out with a fashion model, has a cute-looking son and is dreamy to many members of the opposite and indeed his own sex.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City's prolific strike force bailed out its vulnerable defense in a 4-2 win over Viktoria Plzen on Wednesday that kept alive the English team's hopes of topping Group D in the Champions League.
LONDON - Nine-time winner Real Madrid qualified for the Champions League's last 16 alongside Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday, while Juventus kept alive its chances of reaching the knockout stages.
MOSCOW - Defending champion Bayern Munich beat CSKA Moscow 3-1 on Wednesday, setting a new Champions League record of 10 straight victories.
LONDON - Quotes from voters in this week's AP global football poll:
Qualification for the knockout stage of the Champions League is in sight for Bayer Leverkusen and Manchester United.
FRANKFURT, Germany - Bayern Munich and Manchester City have already qualified for the knockout stage from Group D, leaving CSKA Moscow and Viktoria Plzen to fight for third place and a slot in the Europa League.
LONDON - Bill Foulkes, a Manchester United defender who survived the 1958 Munich air crash that killed eight players on the storied team, died Monday. He was 81.
FRANKFURT, Germany - The only sure thing in Group F is that Marseille is already eliminated.
DORTMUND, Germany - Borussia Dortmund has lost two more defenders to injuries in a major blow before its Bundesliga showdown with Bayern Munich.
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo put his enormous talent on display with a hat trick in World Cup qualifying, and the reward may be the Ballon d'Or after a voting deadline extension on Wednesday improved his chances of beating out Lionel Messi for the honor.
JOHANNESBURG - FIFA is creating blood and urine profiles of the world's top players with unannounced visits by an anti-doping team to clubs like Champions League winner Bayern Munich, ensuring the stars are under scrutiny ahead of next year's World Cup.
CLAIREFONTAINE, France - Winger Franck Ribery knows he will be a marked man against Ukraine in the first match of their World Cup playoff on Friday and is confident that can play straight into France's hands.