- Germany picks Liverpool's Emre Can for Euro qualifiers Updated: Aug-28-15 9:09 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Germany coach Joachim Loew called up Liverpool midfielder Emre Can on Friday for the upcoming European Championship qualifying matches against Poland and Scotland.
- South Korea forward Son Heung-min joins Tottenham Updated: Aug-28-15 7:05 am
LONDON - South Korea forward Son Heung-min secured his long-desired move to the Premier League by signing for Tottenham on Friday, pledging to be "bold and daring" in his attempts to lift the club back into the top echelons of the English game.
- Leverkusen signs Kevin Kampl from Dortmund Updated: Aug-28-15 6:35 am
- Bayern, Leverkusen clash; Dortmund leading Bundesliga Updated: Aug-27-15 7:56 am
BERLIN - After perfect starts, something has to give when Bayern Munich hosts Bayer Leverkusen for the first Bundesliga clash of the season among Champions League participants. Borussia Dortmund, currently leading on goal difference after two league games, hosts Hertha Berlin, while Borussia Moenchengladbach aims to avoid its third straight defeat at the other end of the table. Here are some things to know about the third round of games:
- Man United back in Champions League, Rooney scoring again Updated: Aug-26-15 5:58 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United had double reason to celebrate on Wednesday - the team is back in the Champions League group stage and star striker Wayne Rooney is scoring again.
- Leverkusen beats Lazio 3-0 to advance in Champions League Updated: Aug-26-15 5:09 pm
LEVERKUSEN, Germany - Bayer Leverkusen advanced to the group stage of the Champions League by beating 10-man Lazio 3-0 on Wednesday.
- Lazio striker Klose out for 3 matches with thigh injury Updated: Aug-20-15 3:15 pm
ROME - Lazio has confirmed that striker Miroslav Klose will be sidelined for at least three matches with a left thigh injury.
- Rogic, Kruse, Luongo back in Australia squad for qualifiers Updated: Aug-18-15 7:55 pm
SYDNEY - Australia coach Ange Postecoglou has boosted his attacking strength with the recall of Celtic midfielder Tom Rogic, Bayer Leverkusen forward Robbie Kruse and Queens Park Rangers' Massimo Luongo for next month's World Cup qualifiers against Bangladesh and Tajikistan.
- Lazio beats Leverkusen 1-0 in Champions League playoff Updated: Aug-18-15 5:31 pm
ROME - Lazio beat Bayer Leverkusen 1-0 in the first leg of their Champions League playoff on Tuesday, with halftime substitute Keita scoring the only goal of an entertaining match.