- Bundesliga relegation battle heats up Updated: Apr-17-14 7:30 am
- Wolfsburg's Malanda to miss rest of season Updated: Apr-16-14 9:05 am
- Reus, Liverpool top AP football poll Updated: Apr-15-14 1:21 pm
- Dortmund buys Nuri Sahin back from Real Madrid Updated: Apr-11-14 6:23 am
- 5 Germany players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-11-14 5:47 am
- Gundogan unlikely to play again this season Updated: Apr-10-14 11:23 am
- Retiring Hitzfeld aims to go out on World Cup high Updated: Apr-10-14 5:45 am
- Dortmund signs striker Ramos from Hertha Berlin Updated: Apr-09-14 8:32 am
- Real Madrid reaches Champs League semifinals Updated: Apr-08-14 7:11 pm
- Ronaldo not in Real starting lineup Updated: Apr-08-14 2:39 pm
- Chelsea, Man United face uphill task in CL Updated: Apr-06-14 4:30 pm
- Madrid beats Dortmund 3-0 in Champions League Updated: Apr-02-14 5:48 pm
- Bayern wins Bundesliga tittle in record time Updated: Mar-25-14 7:40 pm
- German Football Champions Updated: Mar-25-14 5:42 pm
- Bayern's dominance makes for boring Bundesliga Updated: Mar-24-14 8:59 am
- UEFA charges Zenit for fans burning German banner Updated: Mar-20-14 12:12 pm
- Dortmund loses 2-1 to Zenit, still advances Updated: Mar-19-14 6:57 pm
BERLIN - The relegation battle and race for the last Champions League qualification spot take center stage in the Bundesliga with just four games of the season remaining. League champion Bayern Munich has already turned its attention to defending its Champions League and German Cup titles and will use the remaining games as warm-ups for Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund. There are no games on Friday so the 31st round of games gets underway Thursday night with Eintracht Frankfurt hosting Hannover. Here are five things to know ahead of the Easter weekend's games:
WOLFSBURG, Germany - Wolfsburg midfielder Junior Malanda will miss the remaining four matches in the Bundesliga after damaging ligaments in his right knee in the 2-0 German Cup loss at Borussia Dortmund.
LONDON - Liverpool took team of the week honors for the fourth time this season in The Associated Press weekly football poll following its 3-2 victory over English Premier League title rival Manchester City.
FRANKFURT, Germany - Germany departs for the World Cup as one of the teams to beat despite having a relatively young squad.
GENEVA - Switzerland coach Ottmar Hitzfeld plans to end his illustrious career in Brazil, ideally in July and not June.
DORTMUND, Germany - Real Madrid failed to score without the injured Cristiano Ronaldo and only just hung on to advance to its fourth straight Champions League semifinal after losing 2-0 at Borussia Dortmund on Tuesday.
LONDON - Once again, English clubs look set for a premature exit in the Champions League. On Wednesday, Manchester United must beat Bayern Munich or earn a high-scoring draw following their 1-1 result at Old Trafford, and Chelsea must overcome a 3-1 deficit from the first leg to reach the semifinals at the expense of Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday.
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo scored a record equaling goal before exiting to injury as Real Madrid beat Borussia Dortmund 3-0 on Wednesday to take a big step toward the Champions League semifinals.
BERLIN - Two months before the season ends, Bayern Munich can claim one of the best seasons in German soccer history.
FRANKFURT, Germany - It wasn't always so easy for Bayern Munich.
NYON, Switzerland - Zenit St. Petersburg faces further UEFA action after fans burned a German banner at a Champions League match against Borussia Dortmund.
DORTMUND, Germany - Borussia Dortmund is in the quarterfinals of the Champions League for the second consecutive season - although it looks far less intimidating than the team that reached the final last year.