- Struggling Nuremberg fires coach Gertjan Verbeek Updated: Apr-23-14 5:12 am
- Liverpool closes in on Premier League title Updated: Apr-20-14 6:56 pm
- Leverkusen, Stuttgart claim vital Bundesliga wins Updated: Apr-20-14 1:58 pm
- Bundesliga relegation battle heats up Updated: Apr-17-14 7:30 am
- Bayern defender Rafinha banned for 3 games Updated: Apr-14-14 12:36 pm
- Croatia coach Kovac: Little experience, high hopes Updated: Apr-08-14 5:02 am
- Bayer Leverkusen fires coach Sami Hyypia Updated: Apr-05-14 9:05 am
- German Football Champions Updated: Mar-25-14 5:42 pm
NUREMBERG, Germany - Struggling Nuremberg fired Dutch coach Gertjan Verbeek on Wednesday in a bid to stave off Bundesliga relegation with three games of the season remaining.
LONDON - Liverpool secured a return to the Champions League on Sunday - but there's a much bigger prize just around the corner.
BERLIN - Bayer Leverkusen reclaimed fourth place in the Bundesliga with a 4-1 with at relegation-threatened Nuremberg and Stuttgart eased its relegation fears with a 3-1 win over Schalke on Sunday.
BERLIN - The relegation battle and race for the last Champions League qualification spot take center stage in the Bundesliga with just four games of the season remaining. League champion Bayern Munich has already turned its attention to defending its Champions League and German Cup titles and will use the remaining games as warm-ups for Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund. There are no games on Friday so the 31st round of games gets underway Thursday night with Eintracht Frankfurt hosting Hannover. Here are five things to know ahead of the Easter weekend's games:
ZAGREB, Croatia - Niko Kovac wants to combine a German winning mentality with some Croatian flare at the World Cup in Brazil, and he just might have the background to succeed.
LEVERKUSEN, Germany - Bayer Leverkusen fired Sami Hyypia as coach Saturday after an alarming mid-season slump and turned to the Finn's former coaching partner Sascha Lewandowski to secure Champions League qualification.