- Illinois universities warn of perils if budget cut Updated: Mar-06-14 4:26 pm
- Senate approves $1B less for spending number Updated: Mar-06-14 3:15 pm
- Lawmaker pushes for video gaming "exclusion" list Updated: Mar-06-14 4:07 am
- 'Pay it Forward' college plan gets House approval Updated: Mar-06-14 4:06 am
- Gun owners, activists march in Springfield Updated: Mar-05-14 6:20 pm
- Pension, gay marriage votes stir primary contests Updated: Mar-05-14 5:13 pm
- Ill. lawmakers have mixed reviews of speed cameras Updated: Mar-05-14 8:19 am
- Bill would punish dispatchers who alert criminals Updated: Mar-05-14 6:26 am
- Ill. Senate advances levee-improvement measure Updated: Mar-05-14 4:08 am
- Madigan introduces plan to build Obama library Updated: Mar-04-14 7:59 pm
- Illinois House panel passes Poison Center bill Updated: Mar-04-14 7:29 pm
- Water safety legislation proposed in Illinois Updated: Feb-27-14 3:16 pm
- Cullerton: online gambling could bring in revenue Updated: Feb-27-14 2:50 pm
- Illinois bill requires prescription for cold meds Updated: Feb-27-14 11:44 am
- Senator's poison control center bill clears hurdle Updated: Feb-27-14 6:22 am
- Ill. Senate panel passes sexual assault proposal Updated: Feb-26-14 7:33 pm
- Lawmaker: Lower penalties for small drug crimes Updated: Feb-26-14 6:30 pm
- Illinois House sets $34.5B spending amount for '15 Updated: Feb-25-14 1:40 pm
- Ill. gambling-expansion hearing reset for March 3 Updated: Feb-25-14 4:05 am
- Illinois lawmakers tour Pontiac prison Updated: Feb-24-14 5:40 pm
- Part of Ill. highway could be named after officer Updated: Feb-24-14 7:35 am
- Lawmaker takes aim at Capitol food, fitness habits Updated: Feb-22-14 1:16 pm
- Lawmakers want to ban smoking on Illinois campuses Updated: Feb-20-14 6:54 pm
- Bill would exempt Olympians from paying state tax Updated: Feb-20-14 6:48 am
- Illinois Senate panel passes 'revenge porn' bill Updated: Feb-19-14 4:52 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois' public university presidents Thursday spelled out a doomsday scenario of cuts should the state's temporary tax increase expire as scheduled next January, a move they say would disproportionately affect the number of low-income students while others flee to schools outside the state.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois Senate is predicting $1 billion less to spend in the state's upcoming budget year.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Lawmakers are moving forward with creating an exclusion list of people the Illinois Gaming Board deems shouldn't be involved with video gambling.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois House has approved a plan to study alternative ways for people to pay for college.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gun owners and activists rallied Wednesday in Springfield, just days after the first concealed carry permits arrived in mailboxes across Illinois, wasting no time in turning to next steps in a battle they insist isn't over.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Four months ago, state Rep. Christian Mitchell made a tough vote in favor of Illinois' landmark state pension overhaul. Now he's facing the repercussions.
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - Illinois lawmakers have mixed thoughts on a proposal that would allow communities around the state to install speed cameras, which are only allowed in Chicago.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois Senate has advanced legislation making it a crime for 911 dispatchers to tip off criminals when law enforcement is nearby.
GRAND TOWER, Illinois - An Illinois legislative measure in support of a southern Illinois county's efforts to fix a worrisome Mississippi River levee is advancing.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois' House Speaker and Democratic Party chair has introduced legislation he hopes will lure President Barack Obama to choose Illinois as the site of his presidential library and museum, an effort that could be part of a push later this year to approve a new capital construction bill.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - State lawmakers are pushing a plan to save the Illinois Poison Center from closing, using a creative funding mechanism during an expectedly tight budget year.
ANTIOCH, Illinois - The death of a 10-year-old suburban Chicago boy in a tubing accident has spurred legislation in Springfield.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois Senate President John Cullerton says the state could get needed revenue by legalizing online gambling, but he acknowledged getting approval would be difficult.
PEORIA, Illinois - Legislation proposed by a state senator would require anyone with a cold to get a doctor's prescription to buy medicine containing pseudoephedrine.
UNIVERSITY PARK, Illinois - A state senator's effort to keep the Illinois Poison Center open has cleared a key hurdle.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Legislation altering the time limit for when prosecutors can press charges in sexual assault cases is advancing in the Illinois Legislature.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Low-level marijuana possession should be decriminalized and punished with traffic ticket-like fines as part of a criminal justice "realignment" to reduce Illinois' crowded prison system, a lawmaker from suburban Chicago said Wednesday.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - An Illinois House Committee says the state will have $34.5 billion to spend in the upcoming fiscal year.
TINLEY PARK, Illinois - An Illinois state lawmaker seeking public input about possibly expanding gambling in Illinois has rescheduled a suburban Chicago public hearing.
PONTIAC, Illinois - Illinois lawmakers are getting a glimpse inside one of the state's tougher prisons.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - State lawmakers are expected to name part of an Illinois highway after a police officer killed last fall.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - An Illinois lawmaker is challenging others at the state Capitol to not only talk the talk on smaller government, but also walk the walk.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A proposal to ban smoking on public college campuses is advancing in the Illinois Legislature.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - An Illinois lawmaker says Olympic athletes who win medals shouldn't have to pay state tax on their awards.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - An Illinois lawmaker's effort to make what some call "revenge porn" illegal came one step closer to law on Wednesday after a Senate committee unanimously passed the bill.