- Democrats giving no hint of compromise with Rauner on budget Updated: May-22-15 7:53 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Majority Democrats in the Illinois General Assembly gave no hint on Friday that they are ready to budge from opposition to Gov. Bruce Rauner's pro-business reforms after the Republican softened some of his "Turnaround Illinois" demands.
- Illinois Democrats vote down workers comp bill Updated: May-22-15 3:11 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois Democrats have sent another in a series of messages to Gov. Bruce Rauner by voting down elements of his pro-business agenda.
- Gov. Rauner to put pro-business bills before Legislature Updated: May-22-15 9:28 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois' Democrat-dominated Legislature will soon have its say on key pieces of Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner's pro-business agenda.
- Madigan postpones millionaire tax bill after failed vote Updated: May-21-15 10:04 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan's effort to impose a new income tax on millionaires has stalled.
- Illinois moves to downgrade pot possession to a fine Updated: May-21-15 9:11 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Legislation to decriminalize possession of small amounts of marijuana is headed to Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner's desk.
- Lawmakers approve extension in medical marijuana program Updated: May-21-15 5:51 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois' medical marijuana program would be extended by two or more years under legislation heading to Gov. Bruce Rauner.
- Bobcat hunting in Illinois receives Senate approval Updated: May-21-15 3:14 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A measure that would allow hunting bobcats in Illinois has won Senate approval.
- Rauner warns Illinois Democrats of 'long extra session' Updated: May-21-15 12:38 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Bruce Rauner is warning Illinois lawmakers they should "expect a very long extra session" if they don't approve some of his legislative priorities.
- Illinois House advances plan to change Cook County pensions Updated: May-20-15 6:25 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois lawmakers are again considering a plan to overhaul Cook County's pension system that could trim some workers' benefits, despite a recent Illinois Supreme Court ruling striking down a statewide pension overhaul.
- New GOP lawmakers push for term limits, rail on 'status quo' Updated: May-20-15 1:29 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A group of freshmen Republican legislators is pushing for term limits, saying gridlock in the Illinois Legislature is a sign the status quo isn't working.
- Gay conversion therapy ban passes Illinois House Updated: May-19-15 5:33 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois House has approved a ban on therapy supporters say can change the sexual orientation of young gays.
- 'Right to Try' medical measure sent to Illinois governor Updated: May-19-15 5:21 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois is one step closer to granting patients with terminal illnesses the ability to access experimental drugs.
- Lawmakers considering automatic voter registration bill Updated: May-19-15 4:00 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Two Democratic state senators have filed legislation that would automatically register Illinois residents to vote.
- Terminally ill former Illinois lawmaker reports to prison Updated: May-19-15 3:50 pm
ELGIN, Illinois - A terminally ill former Illinois lawmaker has reported to prison to begin serving an eight-year sentence for compiling and trading more than 2,700 pornographic images of young children.
- Illinois mayors, colleges oppose proposed Amtrak cuts Updated: May-19-15 2:41 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Amtrak rail service reductions that would follow proposed cuts in next year's state budget will hurt businesses and impact students, Illinois university officials and mayors told a state Senate committee Tuesday.
- Illinois state senator declares bid for 8th District Updated: May-19-15 10:35 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - An Illinois state senator says he'll run for Congress to replace Democratic U.S. Rep. Tammy Duckworth.
- Southern Illinois 'supermax' prison unlikely to reopen Updated: May-17-15 2:37 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A push from one Illinois lawmaker to reopen a super-maximum security state prison doesn't appear to be gaining traction as the state continues to deal with an overcrowded correctional system.
- Gov. Rauner doles out $400K to fellow Illinois Republicans Updated: May-16-15 4:46 pm
CHICAGO - Gov. Bruce Rauner has started doling out money from his campaign fund to fellow Republicans as the Illinois Legislature approaches what could be difficult votes on several big issues.
- Illinois House supports property-tax freeze; Rauner objects Updated: May-15-15 1:35 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Legislation that Democrats say would freeze the amount of property taxes collected won support on the Illinois House floor.
- Illinois House plans vote on Rauner's right-to-work measure Updated: May-14-15 1:26 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois House is planning a vote on Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner's proposal to allow local governments to permit workers to opt out of unions.
- Illinois lawmakers skeptical about pension deal this spring Updated: May-13-15 6:52 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois lawmakers expressed skepticism Wednesday that they'll be able to pass a new pension fix this spring, despite pressure from Gov. Bruce Rauner and major credit rating agencies to quickly replace a 2013 overhaul the state Supreme Court struck down.
- Gov. Rauner endorses state Sen. Darin LaHood for Congress Updated: May-13-15 5:28 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - Gov. Bruce Rauner kicked off Darin LaHood's congressional campaign by endorsing the Peoria Republican for the open 18th District seat.
- Former Illinois House GOP leader joins Aurora University Updated: May-13-15 4:58 am
AURORA, Illinois - The former Republican leader of the Illinois House has been named a distinguished fellow at a suburban Chicago university.
- Illinois considers bill establishing college credit policy Updated: May-13-15 4:07 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois lawmakers are considering legislation that would give more students who take Advanced Placement tests college credit.
- Elgin seeks grant to buy police body cameras Updated: May-13-15 4:06 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Elgin police officials are applying for federal grant money to buy body cameras for its officers.