- Ill. pension fight could create deeper fiscal hole Updated: Dec-04-13 7:11 pm
- Pensions bill sent to Gov. Quinn for signature Updated: Dec-04-13 6:49 pm
- Lawmakers don't take up horse racing bill Updated: Dec-03-13 7:59 pm
- Senate supporters of pension plan say time is now Updated: Dec-03-13 7:47 pm
- Senate Oks ADM, OfficeMax and Univar Updated: Dec-03-13 7:37 pm
- Critics of pension plan raise transparent issue Updated: Dec-03-13 6:43 pm
- Senate begins debate on $160B pension plan Updated: Dec-03-13 4:07 pm
- Nekritz: Yes vote on pension bill tough, necessary Updated: Dec-03-13 3:31 pm
- Madigan: Pensions overhaul is 'balanced' bill Updated: Dec-03-13 3:10 pm
- House debate begins on pension overhaul Updated: Dec-03-13 2:47 pm
- Madigan: Illinois pension systems 'just too rich' Updated: Dec-03-13 10:40 am
- Pension plan goes to Illinois House, Senate Updated: Dec-02-13 7:28 pm
- Ill. lawmakers prepare for pension vote Updated: Dec-02-13 7:19 pm
- Sen. Brady first to sign pension committee report Updated: Dec-02-13 5:08 pm
- Unions target Senate Dems in pension reform battle Updated: Dec-01-13 4:25 pm
- Same-sex couple's wedding a first for Illinois Updated: Nov-27-13 7:17 pm
- Senate to meet next week to vote on pension deal Updated: Nov-27-13 1:55 pm
- Illinois lawmakers request disaster declaration Updated: Nov-26-13 4:06 am
- Ill. term limit supporters halfway to 2014 ballot Updated: Nov-21-13 2:08 pm
- Oberweis eyes ending state's Sunday car sales ban Updated: Nov-20-13 12:17 pm
- Fire damages Illinois state lawmaker's office Updated: Nov-20-13 8:58 am
- Lawmakers told to be ready for December session Updated: Nov-13-13 10:01 pm
- Lawmakers eye tax break to take over buildings Updated: Nov-11-13 1:04 pm
- Lawmakers leave many Quinn priorities unresolved Updated: Nov-10-13 1:56 pm
- UIS inducts 5 into legislative intern hall of fame Updated: Nov-08-13 4:06 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - With the fight over solving Illinois' worst-in-the-nation pension shortfall now headed to the courts, the financially troubled state faces a grim possibility: The plan could be tossed, and Illinois could wind up in an even deeper fiscal hole than the one it's in now.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A bill aimed at fixing Illinois' hundred billion pension crisis is before Gov. Pat Quinn.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - State lawmakers have adjourned without approving legislation supporters say would give the horse racing industry a needed boost.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A Republican state senator in favor of a major pension overhaul says the bill would help put Illinois on the right path toward fiscal solvency.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois lawmakers have adjourned without approving bills proposing tax incentives for Archer Daniels Midland Company, chemical distributor Univar and newly-merged OfficeMax and Office Depot.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Those speaking out against a major pension overhaul before the Illinois General Assembly include Republican and Democratic senators from suburban Chicago.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois Senate has also started debating on a pension overhaul estimated to save $160 billion over the next three decades
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A key Illinois lawmaker says she takes no joy in supporting a proposal to fix the state's $100 billion pension crisis.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - House Speaker Michael Madigan says a major pension overhaul is a well thought out and balanced bill that deserves the support of the chamber.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois House has started debating a major overhaul aimed at addressing Illinois' $100 billion pension crisis.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois' House Speaker told a bipartisan legislative committee that the state's pension systems are "just too rich" to be afforded in the future.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A bipartisan committee of lawmakers has approved a plan to deal with Illinois' $100 billion pension problem. The measure now heads to the House and Senate for consideration.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois lawmakers began putting the pieces in place Monday for a potentially historic vote to address the nation's worst public-pension shortfall, as legislators scrambled to digest the complex deal and labor unions and other political heavyweights ratcheted up pressure for and against it.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A Republican state Senator and gubernatorial hopeful was the first of a ten-member bipartisan committee to sign a report approving a plan to deal with Illinois' $100 billion pension problem.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Up against a determined effort to curtail state employees' retirement benefits, Illinois' unions are staging an all-out campaign to thwart approval of a breakthrough proposal to solve the state's $100 billion pension crisis, specifically targeting a small contingent of moderate Senate Democrats.
CHICAGO - In a short ceremony inside their Chicago apartment, two beaming brides made Illinois history Wednesday as they became the first gay couple to wed under the state's new law legalizing same-sex marriage.
CHICAGO - A spokeswoman for Illinois Senate President John Cullerton says members are being asked to return to Springfield next week to vote on a newly inked deal to solve the state's pension crisis.
CHICAGO - U.S. lawmakers from Illinois have sent a letter to President Barack Obama asking him to issue a disaster declaration for the central and southern parts of the state hit by severe storms and tornadoes.
EVANSTON, Illinois - A group pushing to establish term limits for Illinois lawmakers said Thursday it's more than halfway to its goal of putting the measure on the 2014 ballot.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - An Illinois state senator wants to end a longstanding ban on Sunday automobile sales.
EDWARDSVILLE, Illinois - A fire chief says a blaze in a building that houses an Illinois state lawmaker's southwestern Illinois office is considered suspicious.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A top aide to House Speaker Michael Madigan told Illinois lawmakers Wednesday to be ready for a special session in Springfield in December, emailing them shortly after legislative leaders met to discuss solutions to the state's $100 billion pension crisis.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Some Illinois lawmakers want to offer tax incentives to companies if they agree to take over certain abandoned state facilities.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois Legislature wrapped up its official 2013 calendar last week after voting to legalize gay marriage, but it made little progress on fixing the state's pension crisis, gun control, ethics reform and other parts of Gov. Pat Quinn's agenda.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The University of Illinois Springfield is adding five former state Capitol interns to its Legislative Internship Hall of Fame.