- Wisler struggles in Braves' latest loss Updated: Aug-01-15 11:29 pm
PHILADELPHIA - It was a night to forget for rookie Matt Wisler and the Atlanta Braves.
- Phillies hit 3 HRs in 12-2 win over Braves Updated: Aug-01-15 11:15 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The way the Philadelphia Phillies are playing right now, they believe they're going to win every game.
- Dodgers bolster pitching in huge deal with Braves, Marlins Updated: Jul-31-15 12:46 pm
- Skidding Braves go quietly in 2-0 loss to Orioles Updated: Jul-29-15 11:38 pm
BALTIMORE - The Atlanta Braves are finding absolutely no margin for error during a slump that is threatening to render the last two months of the season meaningless.
- Tillman allows 4 hits as Orioles beat Braves 2-0 for sweep Updated: Jul-29-15 10:57 pm
BALTIMORE - Chris Tillman and the Orioles are experiencing a resurgence that just might lead to a return trip to the playoffs for Baltimore and its ace.
- Braves put LHP Banuelos on DL with elbow inflammation Updated: Jul-28-15 7:15 pm
BALTIMORE - The Atlanta Braves have placed left-hander Manny Banuelos on the 15-day disabled list with elbow inflammation.
- Correction: Hall of Fame Inductions-Smoltz story Updated: Jul-27-15 9:33 pm
COOPERSTOWN, New York - In a story July 26 about John Smoltz's induction into the Baseball Hall of Fame, The Associated Press reported erroneously that he is the only man to make the Hall of Fame who had undergone Tommy John surgery. Smoltz is the first pitcher to enter the Hall who had the operation.
- Former Oriole Markakis returns to Baltimore with Braves Updated: Jul-27-15 7:11 pm
BALTIMORE - Sitting in the visiting dugout at Camden Yards, Nick Markakis felt at home and a bit out of place at the same time.
- Parity, extra wild card gives many teams hope in AL Updated: Jul-27-15 3:18 am
The Oakland Athletics have lost four in a row and already traded one of their top pitchers when they sent Scott Kazmir to Houston. They are nobody's idea of a contender.
- Braves avoid sweep with 3-2 victory over Cardinals Updated: Jul-26-15 8:21 pm
ST. LOUIS - More than four years after Adonis Garcia defected from Cuba, he hit his first major league home run.
- Braves activate Freeman, but not in lineup vs. Cardinals Updated: Jul-25-15 6:26 pm
ST. LOUIS - The Atlanta Braves have activated first baseman Freddie Freeman from the 15-day disabled list but he was not in the lineup against the Cardinals because he was traveling and not expected to land in St. Louis until close to game time.
- Mets acquire Uribe, Johnson from Braves Updated: Jul-25-15 12:53 am
NEW YORK - The New York Mets acquired infielder Juan Uribe, infielder-outfielder Kelly Johnson and cash considerations from the Atlanta Braves on Friday night for minor league pitchers John Gant and Rob Whalen.
- Atlanta mayor mulling plan to upgrade or replace Hawks arena Updated: Jul-24-15 12:45 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Hawks are exploring three options for upgrading their home court, including renovating Philips Arena or building on the Civic Center site, Mayor Kasim Reed said on Thursday.
- Bolsinger baffles Braves, Dodgers get 3 in 5th for 3-1 win Updated: Jul-22-15 4:28 pm
ATLANTA - Knowing the Braves are sometimes vulnerable to off-speed pitches, Mike Bolsinger was pleased that his curveball and slider caused problems all afternoon.
- Braves reinstate left-hander McKirahan from suspension Updated: Jul-20-15 5:09 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Braves have reinstated left-hander Andrew McKirahan from his 80-game suspension and optioned right-hander Ryan Kelly to Triple-A Gwinnett.
- Cubs' Lester loses no-hit bid on Pierzynski single in 8th Updated: Jul-18-15 9:48 pm
ATLANTA - Jon Lester of the Chicago Cubs has lost his no-hit bid against Atlanta in the eighth inning on a leadoff single by former teammate A.J. Pierzynski.
- Braves extend contracts of Gonzalez, coaches, through 2016 Updated: Jul-17-15 6:15 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Braves extended the contracts of manager Fredi Gonzalez and his coaches through the 2016 season on Friday.
- Tulowitzki homers as Rockies sweep Braves, 11-3. Updated: Jul-12-15 8:39 pm
DENVER - Troy Tulowitzki showed why he is headed to another All-Star Game.
- Braves reliever Jason Grilli suffers leg injury Updated: Jul-11-15 9:33 pm
DENVER - It began as a scramble from the mound toward first to cover the bag, something Jason Grilli has done countless times in his career. This one, though, ended with a bad step and Grilli crumpled on the ground in agony.
- Former UND slugger Campbell signs with Braves organization Updated: Jul-09-15 12:21 pm
- Gomez hits 2 HRs, Brewers beat Braves 6-5 Updated: Jul-08-15 6:37 pm
MILWAUKEE - Carlos Gomez guessed right.
- Fan hit by line drive and injured during Braves-Brewers game Updated: Jul-07-15 10:42 am
MILWAUKEE - A woman sitting several rows behind the Milwaukee Brewers' dugout was injured Monday night when she was hit by a line drive off the bat of Atlanta's Eury Perez.
- Phillies beat Braves 4-0 in 10th to stop 6-game skid Updated: Jul-05-15 6:13 pm
ATLANTA - Philadelphia manager Pete Mackanin though his team's hitters deserved better results. The Phillies finally broke through Sunday for a rare win.