- Aussie Olympic doctor says Rio water bigger worry than Zika Updated: Feb-10-16 11:58 pm
BRISBANE, Australia - The Australian team's medical director says water quality will be more of a threat to the health of athletes and officials at the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro than the mosquito-borne Zika virus.
- US women start quest for 4th straight Olympic gold medal Updated: Feb-09-16 5:39 pm
The United States starts its pursuit of a fourth straight gold medal in women's Olympic soccer over the next two weeks at the CONCACAF qualifying tournament in Texas.
- Kenya planning on track for Rio Olympics; No Zika boycott Updated: Feb-09-16 12:41 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenya is preparing as planned for the Rio de Janeiro Olympics while also monitoring the outbreak of the Zika virus in Brazil, the official in charge of the country's team said Tuesday.
- Athletes in Rio stay inside, slather on repellent for Zika Updated: Feb-01-16 9:35 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - Aline Silva has had the dengue fever twice, and she's not taking any chances with the Zika virus.
- IOC's Bach: Refugees will be honored at Rio Olympics Updated: Jan-28-16 11:28 am
ATHENS, Greece - A group of refugee athletes will march together in the opening ceremony of the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro in a symbol of hope for the world's migrants, IOC President Thomas Bach said Thursday.
- IOC's Bach: Rio de Janeiro Games will 'overwhelm' world Updated: Jan-27-16 4:47 pm
ATHENS, Greece - IOC President Thomas Bach predicted on Wednesday that the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro will "overwhelm" the world, despite Brazil's deep financial crisis.
- Australian Olympic Committee warns of Zika virus dangers Updated: Jan-26-16 10:41 pm
SYDNEY - The Australian Olympic Committee has warned pregnant team members to carefully consider whether they will attend this year's Olympic Games in Brazil after an outbreak of the Zika virus which can cause birth abnormalities.
- Italy, Serbia, Philippines to host Olympic qualifying Updated: Jan-19-16 11:05 am
MIES, Switzerland - Italy, Serbia and the Philippines will host the three Olympic men's basketball qualifying tournaments in July.
- Rio de Janeiro Olympics facing deep cuts unseen in decades Updated: Jan-15-16 1:19 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Cuts, cuts and more cuts.