- Bach: Russia to set up protest zones in Sochi Updated: Dec-10-13 2:17 pm
- Olympic sailors disgusted by Rio's foul waters Updated: Dec-07-13 5:23 pm
- Bach to travel to Brazil to check on Rio preps Updated: Dec-04-13 12:55 pm
- Brazil risking reputation on World Cup, Olympics Updated: Nov-28-13 9:26 am
- Rio's Olympic waterways full of trash, sewage Updated: Nov-20-13 12:06 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - IOC President Thomas Bach said Russia will set up public protest zones in Sochi during the Winter Olympics, a move unlikely to defuse criticism of the country's human rights record and a recent law banning gay "propaganda."
RIO DE JANEIRO - Olympic sailors on Saturday checked out the venue for the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro.
LONDON - Warning that Brazil has "no time to lose," new International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach will travel soon to Rio de Janeiro to check on the troubled preparations for the 2016 Games.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Preparing for the World Cup and Olympics is putting Brazil's reputation on the line, giving South America's biggest country a chance to boost its profile while also exposing it to mounting pressure and unrelenting scrutiny.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Rio de Janeiro's endless beaches and lush tropical forest will be a photographer's dream during the 2016 Olympics. But zoom in on the likes of once-pristine Guanabara Bay, and the picture is of household trash and raw sewage.