- Count Jordan Spieth as a likely Rio Olympics starter in 2016 Updated: Nov-24-15 12:35 am
SYDNEY - Jordan Spieth and Adam Scott, the two headliners at this week's Australian Open, have distinctly different excitement levels over next year's Rio Olympics golf tournament.
- Olympic qualifying draw sets up possible US-Canada final Updated: Nov-23-15 6:18 pm
The World Cup-champion U.S. women's national team will face Costa Rica to open the eight-team CONCACAF Olympic qualifying tournament in February.
- Bach: Russia can only return if compliant with global rules Updated: Nov-15-15 3:13 pm
LONDON - Russia's track and field athletes will be eligible for the Olympics only if the country falls into line with all global anti-doping rules and the reforms are verifiable, IOC President Thomas Bach said Sunday in an interview with The Associated Press.
- At Rio Olympics, Paltrinieri won't be surprised by Sun Yang Updated: Nov-13-15 12:49 pm
ROME - Gregorio Paltrinieri won't be surprised again by Sun Yang.
- VP Joe Biden apologizes to Olympic assembly for 'oversight' Updated: Oct-30-15 3:43 pm
WASHINGTON - Conspicuously absent the previous day, Vice President Joe Biden dropped in on a global Olympic meeting Friday and gave an impromptu plug for Los Angeles' bid for the 2024 Games.
- Brazil, EU reach agreement on Olympic horses Updated: Oct-30-15 2:21 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazil and the European Union have reached a sanitary agreement that removes the last big hurdle for equestrian events at the next Olympic Games, the head of the country's Olympic Public Authority said Friday.
- Bob Beamon collects 'outstanding Olympic performance' award Updated: Oct-30-15 1:52 am
WASHINGTON - Long jump great Bob Beamon has received a special Olympic award, almost half a century after he set a world record with a stunning jump at the 1968 Mexico City Games.