- Rio Mayor says no sports 'mausoleum' like Beijing Updated: Apr-17-14 4:15 pm
- Rio 2016 Olympic crisis: 5 things to know Updated: Apr-12-14 8:27 am
- Bach: IOC sending troubleshooter to Rio next week Updated: Apr-10-14 8:05 pm
- Government, Rio 2016 officials offer assurances Updated: Apr-08-14 9:44 pm
- Sports chief: Brazil government must act on Rio Updated: Apr-08-14 12:59 pm
- College isn't the end for star volleyball players Updated: Mar-22-14 12:01 am
- Rio Games: Crucial meeting next week over funding Updated: Mar-21-14 6:10 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Rio de Janeiro Mayor Eduardo Paes is viewed as the key person to speed up the city's delayed Olympics Games preparations. He has been the point man when all three levels of Brazilian government have debated expenditures for the 2016 Games.
BELEK, Turkey - Blame it on Rio.
BELEK, Turkey - The International Olympic Committee is sending a senior troubleshooter to Brazil next week as part of a series of emergency measures to tackle the delays threatening the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro.
BRASILIA, Brazil - Top officials of the 2016 Rio Olympics and the chief of staff for Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff met for two hours Tuesday and repeated assurances that, despite well-publicized delays, test events and the games themselves will meet proposed deadlines.
BELEK, Turkey - The head of Olympic summer sports federations called for urgent action Tuesday to tackle the critical delays facing the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro and accused the Brazilian government of neglecting the crisis.
With the Rio Olympics still over two years away, many players on the U.S. volleyball team are working their day jobs: Playing for professional teams overseas.
RIO DE JANEIRO - The 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics face "challenging deadlines," the head an IOC inspection committee said Friday, adding that a meeting with top government officials next week will be "crucial" in finalizing funding and venue planning for the games.