- Doctor to run as independent for Colorado Senate Updated: Apr-24-14 6:37 pm
- Firefighting plane proposal clears Colorado hurdle Updated: Apr-24-14 6:10 pm
- 5 Things to Know about Colorado pot revenue Updated: Apr-24-14 5:37 pm
- Colorado lawmakers plan to boost marijuana profits Updated: Apr-24-14 4:28 pm
- Colorado lawmaker pushes for school arrest stats Updated: Apr-23-14 6:31 pm
- Bill prohibiting jail for fines heads to governor Updated: Apr-23-14 6:10 pm
- Hemp expansion sails through Colorado Senate Updated: Apr-23-14 1:34 pm
- Lawmakers trying to restrict solitary confinement Updated: Apr-22-14 10:37 pm
- Plan would direct pot taxes toward drug education Updated: Apr-22-14 8:10 pm
- Divisive vaccine proposal abandoned in Colorado Updated: Apr-22-14 4:28 pm
- Current, former governors honor Vanderhoof Updated: Apr-22-14 10:32 am
- Hickenlooper signs bill increasing budget reserves Updated: Apr-21-14 4:19 pm
- Restrictions on pot edibles clear Colorado House Updated: Apr-21-14 1:29 pm
- Higher drilling fines approved by Colorado House Updated: Apr-21-14 1:01 pm
- Revenge pornography penalties considered in Colorado Updated: Apr-18-14 8:01 pm
- Colorado advances edible marijuana restrictions Updated: Apr-17-14 9:50 pm
- Traffic camera ban clears Senate hurdle Updated: Apr-17-14 4:34 pm
- Colorado private eye bill clears Senate Updated: Apr-17-14 1:02 pm
- Colorado Democrats abandon divisive abortion bill Updated: Apr-16-14 9:45 pm
- Youth tanning bed limits rejected in Colorado Updated: Apr-16-14 10:19 am
- Colorado budget finalized, sent to governor Updated: Apr-15-14 5:23 pm
- Senate approves Colorado college tuition cap Updated: Apr-15-14 11:52 am
- Leadership shakeup hits GOP in Colorado House Updated: Apr-14-14 1:01 pm
- Cantaloupe or peaches? Lawmaker says, both Updated: Apr-12-14 1:07 pm
- School-funding bills clear Colorado House Updated: Apr-10-14 8:41 pm
DENVER - A neurosurgeon says he wants to run as an independent in Colorado's U.S. Senate race.
DENVER - A $21 million plan for Colorado to buy an aerial firefighting fleet designed to spot and attack wildfires faster has won initial approval in the Senate.
DENVER - Some Colorado lawmakers want to use $3.5 million in recreational pot tax revenue to seek a matching Medicaid grant from the federal government, which considers pot illegal. Here are five things to know about the state's marijuana income:
DENVER - The federal government has reluctantly agreed to let Colorado be the first state to collect taxes from the legal sale of recreational marijuana, but it also has made clear it doesn't agree with the move and may try to stop it, if isn't tightly controlled.
DENVER - A Colorado state senator says she'll be pushing law enforcement agencies to report statistics showing what happens when trouble at school leads to arrests, but police see the new requirement as just one more unfunded burden.
DENVER - A proposal to stop jailing poor people for being unable to pay municipal court fines is expected to be signed into law in Colorado.
DENVER - A Colorado bill to expand industrial hemp production has cleared the state Senate and now heads to the House.
DENVER - A year after a Colorado inmate held in solitary confinement allegedly gunned down the state prisons chief upon being released, lawmakers are moving to restrict use of the punishment for the mentally ill.
DENVER - Colorado would save most of its marijuana tax money while spending about $23 million on school nurses and drug treatment and outreach under a plan approved Tuesday be legislative budget writers.
DENVER - An attempt to improve vaccination rates in Colorado failed Tuesday in the state Senate.
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - The Colorado Legislature, two former governors and the current governor joined together Monday to honor a colleague, former Colorado Gov. John Vanderhoof.
DENVER - Colorado's rainy day fund will grow again with a bill signed into law by Democratic Gov. John Hickenlooper.
DENVER - Bills setting restrictions on marijuana edibles in Colorado have cleared the state House unanimously.
DENVER - A bill to increase fines on the oil and gas industry is on its way to the Colorado Senate after the state House gave it final approval Monday.
DENVER - Using intimate photos or videos of significant others to humiliate them would be a crime under a bill being considered by lawmakers in Colorado, which is joining a growing number of states tackling the issue referred to as revenge porn.
DENVER - A Colorado proposal to widen a ban on certain types of edible marijuana advanced Thursday in the state House amid concerns that it could be too broad.
DENVER - A statewide ban on red-light and speeding cameras has won initial approval in the Colorado Senate after a lively debate over whether the cameras improve safety, or just provide money for local governments.
DENVER - Another attempt in Colorado to require private investigators to get state licenses
DENVER - Colorado Democrats abandoned their own divisive abortion proposal Wednesday, axing the bill after one lawmaker expressed indecision and it became clear they might not have the votes to pass it in a chamber where every vote matters.
DENVER - A proposal to ban children from artificial tanning beds has been rejected in the Colorado Legislature.
DENVER - Colorado lawmakers on Tuesday approved a $23 billion budget, sending to the governor a spending plan for next year that pours more money into public education and funds an aerial firefighting fleet.
DENVER - Colorado's public colleges and universities would get a tuition cap and funding boost under a bill approved Tuesday by the state Senate.
DENVER - Republicans in the Colorado House are seeing a leadership shakeup after simmering tensions within the party.
DENVER - Cantaloupe or peaches? Alamosa Republican state Sen. Larry Crowder wants both to be Colorado's official state fruits.
DENVER - A proposal to shore up public school coffers won final approval in the Colorado House Thursday.