- No. 9 LSU and Fournette ready to run vs. Eastern Michigan Updated: Oct-02-15 10:36 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - There will be no shortage of interested observers this weekend, not to mention Heisman Trophy voters, eager to see what LSU's Leonard Fournette will do next.
- Freshman QB Hayden Moore starts for Cincinnati vs Miami Updated: Sep-29-15 9:09 pm
CINCINNATI - Redshirt freshman quarterback Hayden Moore will make his first career start Thursday night against Miami, filling in while Gunner Kiel recovers from his latest injury.
- No. 17 Northwestern rallies to beat Ball State 24-19 Updated: Sep-27-15 1:25 am
EVANSTON, Illinois - Clayton Thorson shook off a subpar first half by simply going back to the basics.
- Toledo remains unbeaten with 37-7 defeat of Arkansas State Updated: Sep-26-15 11:20 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Terry Swanson ran for two short touchdowns, Jameson Vest kicked three field goals and Toledo remained undefeated with a 37-7 win over Arkansas State on Saturday night.
- Army snaps losing streak, beats Eastern Michigan 58-36 Updated: Sep-26-15 10:45 pm
YPSILANTI, Michigan - After a season-opening run of "what if?" losses, Army made sure there would be no late drama.
- Akron beats Louisiana-Lafayette 35-14 Updated: Sep-26-15 10:45 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Thomas Woodson passed for two touchdowns and ran for another, Conor Hundley ran for two scores and Akron capitalized on turnovers to beat Louisiana Lafayette 35-14 on Saturday.
- UMass keeps it close early, falls 62-27 to No. 6 Notre Dame Updated: Sep-26-15 9:22 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Down two touchdowns early, Massachusetts rallied against sixth-ranked Notre Dame and closed within a point late in the first half.
- Jones, D lead No. 1 Ohio St to 38-12 win against W. Michigan Updated: Sep-26-15 9:22 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Quarterback Cardale Jones was better but still not good enough.
- Late penalty derails Ohio's upset bid against Minnesota Updated: Sep-26-15 8:56 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Ohio Bobcats led the Minnesota Gophers for 14 of 15 minutes in the fourth quarter.
- No. 6 Notre Dame overcomes slow start, beats UMass 62-27 Updated: Sep-26-15 8:52 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame punter Tyler Newsome pinned back Massachusetts, and returner C.J. Sanders got the sixth-ranked Fighting Irish going.
- Late TD drive lifts Minnesota over Ohio 27-24 Updated: Sep-26-15 8:24 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Mitch Leidner spent a week listening to calls for his benching and criticisms of Minnesota's anemic offense in the wake of an ugly 10-7 win over Kent State.
- Butler, Jackson lead Nevada over Buffalo 24-21 Updated: Sep-26-15 7:44 pm
BUFFALO, New York - James Butler ran for 177 yards and a touchdown, Don Jackson added 113 yards and two scores and Nevada beat Buffalo 24-21 on Saturday.
- Doughty throws 6 TDs, W. Kentucky beats Miami (Ohio) 56-14 Updated: Sep-26-15 7:14 pm
BOWLING GREEN, KY. - Senior quarterback Brandon Doughty threw for 457 yards and six touchdowns - five in the first half - as Western Kentucky rolled over Miami (Ohio) 56-14 on Saturday.
- Purdue's 35-28 loss to Bowling Green ruins Blough's debut Updated: Sep-26-15 5:35 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - David Blough followed the script in his first college start Saturday for Purdue.
- No. 2 Spartans beat CMU 30-10, but injuries mounting Updated: Sep-26-15 5:27 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Shilique Calhoun helped Michigan State disrupt Central Michigan's offense - and its kicking game, too.
- Late touchdown run sends Bowling Green past Purdue 35-28 Updated: Sep-26-15 5:04 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Bowling Green coach Dino Babers gambled Saturday.
- Boston College edges NIU 17-14 Updated: Sep-26-15 4:37 pm
BOSTON - Troy Flutie threw a touchdown pass in his first career start and Jon Hilliman had a tiebreaking 21-yard scoring run to lift Boston College to a 17-14 win over Northern Illinois on Saturday.
- Free tickets for kids to see Louisiana-Lafayette-Akron game Updated: Sep-24-15 4:10 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Louisiana-Lafayette's football game against Akron on Saturday night has been tapped as "Take a Kid to the Game" by the Ragin' Cajuns athletic department.
- Kelly rejects No. 6 Irish role as heavy favorite vs. UMass Updated: Sep-22-15 8:41 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly doesn't want to hear about injury concerns or playing time for his sixth-ranked Fighting Irish against Massachusetts on Saturday.
- The Baylor Effect: Spread energizes Bowling Green, Tulsa Updated: Sep-22-15 4:53 pm
Baylor's spread offense is spreading and making opposing defenses sick.
- Syracuse QB Eric Dungey likely won't play against No. 8 LSU Updated: Sep-22-15 3:50 pm
Syracuse coach Scott Shafer says injured freshman quarterback Eric Dungey is not likely to play Saturday against No. 8 LSU.
- Iowa State falls to Toledo 30-23 in 2OT Updated: Sep-20-15 1:36 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Cole Netten's missed 32-yard field goal as time expired in regulation was the obvious turning point in Iowa State's 30-23 double overtime loss to Toledo on Saturday night, particularly when the junior had hit a career-long 47-yarder through the same uprights to tie the game just minutes earlier.
- Toledo beats Iowa State 30-23 in 2OT Updated: Sep-20-15 1:21 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - When defensive end Tre James finally corralled a scrambling Sam Richardson and pulled the Iowa State quarterback to the ground, sealing Toledo's 30-23 double overtime win, the Rockets' student section spilled onto the field at the Glass Bowl.
- Terrell throws for 4 TDs, W. Michigan tops Murray St., 52-20 Updated: Sep-19-15 10:58 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Zach Terrell passed for 355 yards and four touchdowns on Saturday night to lead Western Michigan to a 52-20 win over Murray State.
- Defense bails out No. 1 Ohio St in 20-13 win over N Illinois Updated: Sep-19-15 8:54 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - For a team that seemed to have two great quarterbacks, Ohio State is now searching for one.