- NY settles wage case with fast-food chicken franchisee Updated: May-01-15 3:05 am
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general has announced a settlement for $375,000 with the operator of 13 Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurants in New York City.
- AG: NYC charity used funds to enrich its president Updated: Apr-29-15 9:35 am
NEW YORK - Authorities say a New York City charity that serves underprivileged children misused funds to enrich its president.
- New York begins effort to help startups navigate regulations Updated: Apr-24-15 6:22 pm
NEW YORK - Technology startups and New York authorities will get each other's input on dealing with regulations under an initiative the state attorney general and New York City's chief lawyer announced Friday.
- New York attorney general sues 2 tanning salon chains Updated: Apr-24-15 8:05 am
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general has filed suit against two tanning salon chains, accusing them of downplaying health risks while playing up the allure of bronze skin.
- New York attorney general warns Boy Scouts on discrimination Updated: Apr-21-15 2:16 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general's office wrote this week to the Boy Scouts of America nationally, advising that state and city laws prohibit hiring discrimination based on sexual orientation.
- NY attorney general says microbeads escaping sewage plants Updated: Apr-21-15 3:06 am
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general says some preliminary testing shows that microbeads, the tiny plastic abrasives added to makeup, shampoo and other personal care products, are passing through many of the state's sewage treatment plants and into waterways.
- NY Attorney General: 'Zombie' home bill is back and bigger Updated: Apr-17-15 4:26 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general has proposed new legislation to help stop the spread of so-called "zombie homes," meaning properties that are abandoned, often during prolonged foreclosure proceedings.
- NY settles suit against Ernst & Young over Lehman audit Updated: Apr-15-15 5:53 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general has settled a lawsuit against Ernst & Young over auditing at the now-defunct investment bank Lehman Brothers for $10 million.
- NY attorney general reports $327,000 in income Updated: Apr-14-15 5:00 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman (SHNEYE'-dur-muhn) has reported taxable income of $327,516 in his fourth year as the state's top lawyer, including more than $49,000 from ordinary dividends and $127,000 in capital gains on investments.
- NY attorney general questions 13 retailers' work practices Updated: Apr-12-15 10:08 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general has launched an inquiry into 13 retailers, questioning whether they require workers to remain on-call for possible shifts and pay for less than four hours when employees report for work, which is illegal in New York.
- Activists: Vote now to confirm Lynch as US attorney general Updated: Apr-11-15 12:56 pm
NEW YORK - U.S. Senate leaders should immediately call for a vote to confirm Loretta Lynch as attorney general, national civil rights activists urged Saturday.