- Business events scheduled for the coming month Updated: Jul-31-15 1:43 pm
All times are Eastern
- Rep. Chris Reykdal to run for Washington schools chief Updated: Jul-30-15 2:43 pm
SEATTLE - State Rep. Chris Reykdal says he plans to run for Washington superintendent of public instruction in 2016.
- GOP lawmakers want Washington to look at Planned Parenthood Updated: Jul-29-15 4:12 pm
SEATTLE - Thirty-four Republican state legislators have signed a letter asking Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson to investigate Planned Parenthood over allegations of selling fetal tissue.
- Montana cyclist found dead on State Route 2 near Leavenworth Updated: Jul-28-15 1:08 pm
LEAVENWORTH, Washington - The Washington State Patrol is investigating the death of a 67-year-old bicyclist who was found on U.S. Highway 2, about 22 miles west of Leavenworth, Washington.
- Washington State Patrol considers larger academy class size Updated: Jul-28-15 6:16 am
SHELTON, Washington - The Washington State Patrol is considering an increase in class sizes at the academy in Shelton to combat a shortage of troopers.
- Attorney general gives glowing report to court on education Updated: Jul-27-15 8:47 pm
SEATTLE - The Washington attorney general's office said Monday the state has made so much progress toward fully paying the cost of basic education that the state Supreme Court should dissolve its contempt order on education funding.
- Officials: Driver of truck that crashed likely fell asleep Updated: Jul-24-15 4:25 pm
SEATTLE - The driver of a semi who crashed his truck, caused a fire, blocked traffic for four hours and sustained serious injuries likely fell asleep while driving.
- Flying cigarette butt starts brush fire on Interstate 5 Updated: Jul-23-15 8:16 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington state transportation officials say people throwing cigarette butts out their car windows are starting brush fires nearly every day.
- 4 killed in Washington when car collides head-on with semi Updated: Jul-23-15 9:44 am
DAVENPORT, Washington - A car on a Washington highway failed to negotiate a turn, crossed over the center line and slammed head-on into a semi-truck, killing four people, including an infant.
- Agency: No plans to switch median barriers after I-5 pileup Updated: Jul-21-15 7:53 pm
SEATTLE - The Washington Department of Transportation said Tuesday it has no immediate plans to switch from cable to concrete median barriers along a stretch of Interstate 5 where a dump truck carrying gravel plowed into oncoming traffic over the weekend.
- Brushfire closes I-90 in Grant County Updated: Jul-20-15 7:13 pm
EPHRATA, Washington - The Washington State Patrol has closed Interstate 90 in Grant County, east of the Columbia River, because of a brush fire.
- 54-year-old Oak Harbor man killed in dune buggy crash Updated: Jul-19-15 5:52 pm
LYMAN, Washington - The Washington State Patrol says a 54-year-old Oak Harbor man was killed in dune buggy crash east of Sedro-Woolley, Washington, on Saturday afternoon.
- Correction: SCOW--Farmworkers-Rest Breaks story Updated: Jul-17-15 11:47 am
SEATTLE - In a story July 16 about a Washington Supreme Court decision concerning farm workers' rest break pay, The Associated Press reported erroneously the identity of the general counsel of the Western Growers Association. He is Jason Resnick, not Jeff.
- Pedestrian struck, killed on I-90 near Issaquah Updated: Jul-15-15 7:18 pm
ISSAQUAH, Washington - The Washington State Patrol says a 53-year-old pedestrian was struck and killed by a vehicle when she tried to cross Interstate 90 in Issaquah during Wednesday's morning commute.
- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee blames GOP for climate failures Updated: Jul-14-15 7:34 pm
SEATTLE - Washington Gov. Jay Inslee has gained national attention for rolling out some of the most ambitious climate initiatives in the country, signing pacts with other Western states and speaking at an international summit.
- 2 teens killed, 4 injured in head-on crash in Lewis County Updated: Jul-14-15 3:06 pm
ONALASKA, Washington - Two teens were killed and four others injured when a minivan collided head-on with a SUV in Lewis County.
- Wash. lawmakers extend sales tax break on electric vehicles Updated: Jul-13-15 1:16 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Lawmakers have extended a sales tax break on electric vehicle purchases to 2019 with some changes.
- Washington Legislature adjourns after final votes Updated: Jul-10-15 4:12 pm
SEATTLE - The Washington Legislature adjourned Friday after a marathon triple overtime session where lawmakers raised the gas tax to pay for transportation projects across the state, cut college tuition and put more money toward the state's education system.
- State Supreme Court rejects serial killer Yates' petition Updated: Jul-09-15 2:04 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - The Washington Supreme Court on Thursday again rejected an effort by serial killer Robert Yates to overturn his convictions and death sentence.
- State Patrol says marijuana involved in July 4 fatal crash Updated: Jul-07-15 11:59 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - A Seattle man is accused of vehicular homicide and driving under the influence of marijuana in connection with a fatal crash in Tumwater.
- Possible charges against tractor driver in fatal crash Updated: Jul-07-15 6:19 am
YAKIMA, Washington - The Yakima County prosecutor will review the investigation of a fatal crash between a motorcycle and a spray rig attached to a tractor to see if criminal charges are warranted.
- 2 collisions leave 1 dead, others injured, traffic backed up Updated: Jul-04-15 2:49 pm
TUMWATER, Washington - A two-car crash on Interstate 5 left one person dead near Tumwater and then several others were injured in a second crash near the first site.