- WSU med school hopes to enroll students in 2017 Updated: Nov-20-15 1:32 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Officials for Washington State University's new medical school in Spokane are working on an aggressive schedule to win accreditation.
- Supreme Court refuses to reconsider charter school decision Updated: Nov-19-15 8:33 pm
SEATTLE - A divided Washington Supreme Court ruled Thursday it will not reconsider its ruling striking down the state charter school law.
- 25 trooper cadets graduate from patrol academy Updated: Nov-19-15 7:09 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - More than two dozen state troopers have been sworn in at a ceremony at the Washington Capitol.
- 1 dead in 4-vehicle crash in Kitsap County Updated: Nov-19-15 5:36 pm
GORST, Washington - The Washington State Patrol says 71-year-old man died and two others were injured in four-vehicle crash near the Kitsap County city of Gorst.
- Some Senate Republicans want 'pause' of Syrian resettlement Updated: Nov-18-15 11:11 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - More than a dozen Senate Republicans on Wednesday sent a letter to Washington Gov. Jay Inslee, asking him to ensure that Syrian refugees are properly vetted before the state agrees to accept them.
- Driver faces vehicular homicide charges in fatal crash Updated: Nov-15-15 7:17 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - The Washington State Patrol says a 23-year-old driver faces vehicular homicide charges in a deadly crash Sunday near Spokane that killed his passenger.
- Teen killed, 4 others injured in crash near Monroe Updated: Nov-13-15 1:16 pm
MONROE, Washington - A 17-year-old girl was killed and four others were injured in a high-speed crash on Highway 2 near Monroe.
- Walker downsizes state's Washington office Updated: Nov-12-15 3:22 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - There will be fewer people staffing the state of Alaska office in Washington, D.C.
- Justices toss 2 child pornography cases; cite defects in warrant Updated: Nov-05-15 7:43 pm
SEATTLE - Washington's Supreme Court unanimously threw out child pornography convictions against a Lake Tapps veterinarian and his roommate, citing problems with the search warrant in their case.
- Netanyahu appointment casts cloud over US visit Updated: Nov-05-15 4:38 pm
JERUSALEM - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's newly appointed spokesman on Thursday apologized for a series of insulting comments about U.S. President Barack Obama and Secretary of State John Kerry, days before his boss heads to Washington on a fence-mending mission.
- Wrong-way driver hits 2 cars and dies in crash Updated: Nov-05-15 10:27 am
AUBURN, Washington - A wrong-way driver collided with two cars and was killed in a crash on State Route 18 in Auburn.
- Gov. replaces human services chief amid foster care turmoil Updated: Nov-05-15 12:45 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Gov. Kate Brown on Wednesday announced a leadership change and independent review of the Oregon Department of Human Services.
- The Latest: Seattle 'democracy voucher' measure passing Updated: Nov-04-15 1:46 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - Voters in Washington were deciding the fate of two statewide initiatives and scores of local races Tuesday night. Here is the latest from the election:
- State patrol struggling with recruitment Updated: Nov-02-15 11:42 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Washington State Patrol is having trouble recruiting new troopers and many department veterans are eligible for retirement at the end of the year.
- Business events scheduled for the coming month Updated: Oct-30-15 10:03 am
All times are Eastern
- Washington denied REAL ID deadline extension Updated: Oct-28-15 6:47 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The federal government has denied Washington state an extension from complying with tougher federal requirements that require proof of legal U.S. residency in order for state driver's licenses and IDs to be valid for federal purposes, including, eventually, boarding commercial aircraft.
- Creepy Halloween doll doesn't fool Washington state trooper Updated: Oct-27-15 5:26 pm
TACOMA, Washington - Washington state troopers have seen drivers use all kinds of tricks to get access to carpool lanes.