- Bumps in rollout of cellphone alerts in Washington Updated: Mar-09-14 3:45 pm
- More drivers positive for pot in Washington Updated: Mar-07-14 6:41 pm
- State Patrol investigates crash Updated: Mar-07-14 5:16 pm
- Washington's top lawyer explains gay lawsuit Updated: Mar-06-14 9:02 am
- Owner of boat that sank in Columbia River charged Updated: Mar-05-14 12:04 pm
- Pregnant taxi passenger killed in Wash. crash Updated: Mar-04-14 11:11 pm
- Wash. justice misses arguments due to health issue Updated: Mar-04-14 12:53 am
- Lawmakers consider bill to bolster state tourism Updated: Mar-03-14 4:13 pm
- Wash. State Patrol: 1 dead in I-5 wrong-way crash Updated: Feb-28-14 11:28 pm
- Wash. senators praise EPA move on Pebble mine Updated: Feb-28-14 3:56 pm
- Wash. Senate passes supplemental budget Updated: Feb-27-14 8:22 pm
- Justices: People have right to privacy in texts Updated: Feb-27-14 4:52 pm
- Gov. Inslee signs immigrant financial aid bill Updated: Feb-26-14 8:59 pm
- Fleeing driver shoots self to death in Auburn Updated: Feb-26-14 12:05 pm
- Report: Race factors when jurors impose execution Updated: Feb-22-14 11:13 am
- 2 killed in crash on Highway 195 near Colfax Updated: Feb-21-14 6:26 pm
- Alabama governor spending weekend in Washington Updated: Feb-21-14 3:31 pm
- Quinn in Washington to talk raising minimum wage Updated: Feb-21-14 12:30 pm
- Washington State Patrol car hit near Sedro-Woolley Updated: Feb-21-14 11:14 am
- Christie in Washington for governors' events Updated: Feb-21-14 6:31 am
- 1 bill heads to governor at session midpoint Updated: Feb-19-14 3:42 pm
- Wash. Ecology Department: Sunken vessel leaks gas Updated: Feb-19-14 5:57 am
- Tesla protests bills that would limit expansion Updated: Feb-18-14 3:55 am
- House OKs bill creating industrial hemp business Updated: Feb-17-14 7:46 pm
- Bremerton man killed in I-5 crash of tanker truck Updated: Feb-17-14 11:58 am
TACOMA, Washington - A system set up to send emergency alerts to thousands of cellphone users warning them of natural disasters and missing children has experienced problems during its rollout in Washington state, the News Tribune reported Sunday.
SEATTLE - More drivers tested positive for marijuana in Washington in 2013 - the first full year after the state legalized pot - but officials so far say there's been no obvious, corresponding jump in car accidents.
SPOKANE, Washington - The Washington State Patrol is investigating an Eastern Washington University student in connection with a traffic accident that killed two college students near Colfax.
KENNEWICK, Washington - Attorney General Bob Ferguson explained his gay discrimination lawsuit against a Richland florist during his visit Wednesday to the Tri-Cities.
KENNEWICK, Washington - The state attorney general's office is prosecuting the owner of a 41-foot fishing boat that sank in the Columbia River last July near Finley, spilling about 50 gallons of diesel fuel.
TACOMA, Washington - The fiance of a 34-year-old Tacoma woman killed when the taxi van she was riding in collided with a pickup truck says the woman was 12 weeks pregnant.
OLYMPIA, Washington - A Washington Supreme Court spokeswoman says "unexpected health concerns" will likely keep Justice James Johnson off the bench for the remainder of the court's winter term.
OLYMPIA, Washington - After eliminating the state tourism office in 2011, Washington lawmakers are considering a bill that would allow those in the private sector to pick up the slack.
VANCOUVER, Washington - The Washington State Patrol says an Interstate 5 crash involving a wrong-way driver has killed a 6-year-old boy and left three other people hospitalized.
SEATTLE - Washington's U.S. senators are praising a decision by the Environmental Protection Agency for starting a process that could potentially restrict the development of proposed gold-and-copper mine in southwest Alaska.
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Washington state Senate passed a supplemental budget Thursday that adds some money for education.
SEATTLE - People have a right to privacy in the text messages they send from their phones, even if they can't know for sure who might be reading them, Washington's Supreme Court held in two related cases Thursday.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Gov. Jay Inslee signed a measure Wednesday that expands state college financial aid to students who don't have legal status in the United States.
AUBURN, Washington - A driver who fled from a Washington State Patrol shot himself to death as the chase came to an end early Wednesday on Highway 167 in Auburn.
SEATTLE - Two years ago, when Washington's Supreme Court was reviewing the death sentence assigned to a black man accused of raping and murdering a 65-year-old woman, Justice Charles Wiggins found himself troubled by numbers.
COLFAX, Washington - Two Eastern Washington University students have died in a traffic accident near Colfax.
MONTGPOMERY, Alabama - Gov. Robert Bentley is spending the weekend in Washington with governors from across the country.
CHICAGO - Gov. Pat Quinn is spending several days in the nation's capital for meetings on raising the minimum wage, education and disaster recovery.
SEDRO-WOOLLEY, Washington - A Washington State Patrol car was involved in a collision Thursday night on Highway 20 east of Sedro-Woolley.
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie heads to Washington Friday for two days of Republican Governors Association and National Governors Association events.
OLYMPIA, Washington - With the 60-day Washington state legislative session more than half over, one bill related to immigration has been sent to Gov. Jay Inslee for his signature. Both the House and Senate have given final approval to the measure, which would expand college financial aid to include students who were brought to the state illegally as children.
GIG HARBOR, Washington - The Washington Department of Ecology says a sunken vessel is leaking an unknown amount of gas into Gig Harbor.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Tesla enthusiasts drove their electric cars to Olympia on Monday to protest legislation they said would prevent the company from opening and operating additional facilities in Washington state.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Industrial hemp would be allowed to be grown in Washington state under a measure passed Monday by the House.
BREMERTON, Washington - A 22-year-old Bremerton man was killed late Sunday in an Interstate 5 collision near Mountlake Terrace involving a tanker truck filled with liquid nitrogen.