- Pennsylvania Supreme Court rejects newspapers' email appeal Updated: Apr-26-16 2:35 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pennsylvania Supreme Court has rejected an appeal by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and several other newspapers seeking to force state government to store employee emails.
- Tax lawyer annoyed by paying taxes denied law license return Updated: Apr-18-16 4:00 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A suburban Philadelphia lawyer with a master's degree in taxation who told Pennsylvania ethics investigators he found paying taxes to be "annoying" isn't getting back his law license.
- Report: Reject appeal of convicted Supreme Court Justice Updated: Apr-07-16 3:35 pm
PITTSBURGH - A federal magistrate has recommended that a judge reject former Pennsylvania Supreme Court justice Joan Orie Melvin's appeal of her conviction and sentence for allegedly having her staff run her campaigns on state time.
- State Supreme Court hears arguments on defender funding Updated: Apr-06-16 2:44 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pennsylvania Supreme Court heard arguments Wednesday about whether poor criminal defendants can file civil rights lawsuits against counties that arguably don't provide enough funding for public defenders.
- Control of state courts becomes a top political battleground Updated: Apr-03-16 3:05 pm
ATLANTA - Much attention is being paid to the U.S. Supreme Court vacancy, but equally partisan battles are being waged for control of state courts around the nation.
- Supreme Court upholds trooper's conviction in dentist murder Updated: Mar-31-16 7:39 am
INDIANA, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania Supreme Court has rejected the appeal of a former state trooper serving life in prison for the slashing death of his live-in girlfriend's estranged husband.
- Pennsylvania justice pushes for deeper look into lewd emails Updated: Mar-30-16 1:11 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A Pennsylvania Supreme Court justice has asked the agencies that investigate misconduct by judges and lawyers to review all "offensive emails housed on the attorney general's server."