- Indian media say paramilitary force is curtailing freedom Updated: Nov-25-15 7:56 am
GAUHATI, India - Indian media and a rights group accused a paramilitary force on Wednesday of attempting to curtail press freedom by asking newspapers in an insurgency-hit northeastern state to stop publishing statements from a banned rebel group.
- SE Asia creates Economic Community, but challenges remain Updated: Nov-21-15 11:39 pm
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Thirteen years after the idea was mooted, Southeast Asian leaders on Sunday formally created a unified economic community in a region more populous and diverse than the European Union or North America, and with hopes of competing with China and India.
- Paris attacks reaction: Nordic governments condemn attacks Updated: Nov-14-15 5:50 am
PARIS - World leaders are reacting to the deadliest violence to strike France since World War II. Some of their comments:
- India's Modi meets queen, rallies fans on 2nd day of UK trip Updated: Nov-13-15 12:59 pm
LONDON - Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi lunched with Queen Elizabeth II and rallied thousands of cheering supporters on the second day of his high-profile official visit to Britain, as royal officials announced Prince William and his wife Kate will visit India next year.
- 1 dead in Kashmir protest as India's leader promises aid Updated: Nov-07-15 10:58 am
SRINAGAR, India - Protesters clashed with government troops in Indian-controlled Kashmir on Saturday, killing one demonstrator, shortly after Prime Minister Narendra Modi ended a daylong visit in which he promised $12 billion in aid to the troubled region.
- India says 2 soldiers killed by Pakistani firing in Kashmir Updated: Nov-02-15 11:08 am
SRINAGAR, India - The Indian army says two of its soldiers were killed by Pakistani firing along the heavily militarized de facto border dividing Kashmir between the two countries.