- India's Modi says progress made with China on thorny issues Updated: May-15-15 6:21 am
BEIJING - On his first visit to China as India's prime minister, Narendra Modi said Friday that two days of talks yielded progress on issues ranging from a yawning trade imbalance to their continuing border dispute.
- India's Modi meets Xi on China visit amid warming ties Updated: May-14-15 7:04 am
XI'AN, China - President Xi Jinping praised China's warming ties with India during a meeting Thursday between the leaders of Asia's rising powers and rivals, which included a rare touch of personal diplomacy for a Chinese leader.
- China, India have many rivalries, some areas of cooperation Updated: May-14-15 2:25 am
BEIJING - India's prime minister is visiting China this week to build friendship between the two Asian giants despite a long history of disputes and rivalries, along with some areas of cooperation, especially in the economic sphere.
- Rebels kill 8 Indian paramilitary soldiers Updated: May-03-15 3:59 pm
GAUHATI, India - Police say suspected rebels have ambushed and killed eight Indian paramilitary soldiers in insurgency-wracked northeast.
- Kerry pledges closer US ties with reform-minded Sri Lanka Updated: May-02-15 9:37 am
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Saturday championed the new Sri Lankan government's push for democratic reform and promised closer ties with the strategically located Indian Ocean nation.