- Govt vows Maoist rebels won't ruin India elections Updated: Mar-12-14 10:01 am
- Malaysia defends search for missing jet Updated: Mar-12-14 8:41 am
- Gas leak on Indian destroyer kills navy officer Updated: Mar-07-14 10:27 am
- India announces general elections to start April 7 Updated: Mar-05-14 12:13 pm
- 2 missing Indian navy officers found dead in sub Updated: Feb-27-14 8:17 am
- Indian army soldier kills 5 colleagues, himself Updated: Feb-27-14 4:11 am
- Indian army says 7 rebels killed in Kashmir Updated: Feb-24-14 10:26 am
- Italy recalls ambassador to India over trial delay Updated: Feb-18-14 9:10 am
NEW DELHI - Maoist insurgents will not be allowed to spoil next month's Indian elections with violent attacks, the home minister said Wednesday, a day after rebels killed 16 people in their deadliest raid in almost a year.
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysian authorities defended their handling of the hunt for the missing Boeing 777 on Wednesday but acknowledged they still are unsure which direction the plane was headed when it disappeared, highlighting the massive task facing an international search now in its fifth day.
NEW DELHI - A gas leak on a destroyer being built at a Mumbai dockyard killed a navy commander and sickened two workers Friday, in the latest fatal accident to hit the Indian navy.
NEW DELHI - India said Wednesday that it will hold national elections from April 7 to May 12, kicking off a vote that many observers see as the most important election in more than 30 years in the world's largest democracy.
NEW DELHI - Rescuers found the bodies of two Indian navy officers inside a submarine Thursday after an accident occurred on the vessel during a training exercise at sea, an official said.
SRINAGAR, India - An Indian soldier fired indiscriminately at his colleagues after an altercation at an army camp in the Indian-controlled portion of Kashmir on Thursday, killing five of them before fatally shooting himself, officials said.
SRINAGAR, India - The Indian army says it has killed seven rebels in a gunbattle in the disputed Himalayan region of Kashmir.
ROME - Italy recalled its ambassador to India on Tuesday after the South Asian country's supreme court delayed a decision on trying two Italian marines held without charge since 2012.