- False leads in search for missing jet Updated: Apr-14-14 11:08 am
- Indian troops kill 2 rebels in Kashmir fighting Updated: Apr-14-14 8:31 am
- Maoist rebels kill 3 government soldiers in India Updated: Apr-09-14 3:46 am
- Indian air force plane crashes, killing 5 on board Updated: Mar-28-14 12:04 pm
- Gunmen attempt to storm Kashmir army unit; 6 dead Updated: Mar-28-14 11:16 am
- 2 Indian planes to join search for Malaysian jet Updated: Mar-20-14 12:17 pm
If the signals detected deep in the Indian Ocean are truly from the wreckage from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, they ultimately will close the book on a frustrating long list of false leads in the effort to find the jet. Here are the most prominent moments in which hopes of solving the tragic aviation mystery were dashed:
SRINAGAR, India - A nearly 20-hour gunbattle in Indian-controlled Kashmir ended Monday after government troops killed two suspected rebels in the Himalayan region's main city, a senior police official said.
NEW DELHI - Three government soldiers were killed in a gunbattle with Maoist rebels in India's central Chhattisgarh state on Wednesday, a day before voting begins there in national elections, police said.
NEW DELHI - An Indian air force cargo plane inducted into service three years ago crashed during a training mission Friday, killing all five crew members in the latest in a series of accidents that have hit the Indian armed forces.
SRINAGAR, India - Gunmen disguised as Indian soldiers hijacked a car Friday in Indian-controlled Kashmir, killing the driver and a passenger, and used it to try to storm an Indian army artillery unit, triggering a firefight that left four more people dead, authorities said.
NEW DELHI - India's defense ministry says it is sending two aircraft to join the international search for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane.