- Indian soldier buried by avalanche saved; 9 bodies recovered Updated: Feb-09-16 7:22 am
SRINAGAR, India - An Indian soldier buried by an avalanche for six days in the Himalayan region of Kashmir has been found alive and was pulled from the snow, along with the bodies of nine other soldiers, officials said Tuesday.
- France's Hollande views Indian Republic Day parade Updated: Jan-26-16 10:45 am
NEW DELHI - French President Francois Hollande was wrapping up a three-day visit to India on Tuesday by watching an elaborate display of Indian military hardware and marching bands in India's Republic Day celebrations.
- Deadly clashes erupt between police, protesters in Kashmir Updated: Jan-20-16 9:14 am
SRINAGAR, India - Violent clashes between police and protesters erupted Wednesday in Indian-controlled Kashmir, leaving a man dead and two others wounded, officials said.
- Pakistani top militant in gov't custody over attack in India Updated: Jan-15-16 9:05 am
ISLAMABAD - The leader of an outlawed Pakistani militant group has been taken into "protective custody" amid a probe as to whether he is linked to a deadly attack earlier this month on an Indian air base, two security officials and a provincial minister said Friday.
- India, Pakistan reschedule high-level peace talks Updated: Jan-14-16 7:48 am
NEW DELHI - India rescheduled high-level peace talks with Pakistan on Thursday while it evaluated actions taken by Islamabad against Pakistan-based insurgents it blames for an attack on an Indian air force base earlier this month.
- Protests in Indian Kashmir after young man's body is found Updated: Jan-14-16 5:26 am
SRINAGAR, India - Police fired warning shots and tear gas Thursday to disperse hundreds of protesters shouting anti-India slogans after the body of a college student with his throat slit was found in the Indian-controlled portion of Kashmir.