- Texas mascot Bevo retiring to ranch after cancer diagnosis Updated: Oct-13-15 7:16 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - University of Texas longhorn steer mascot Bevo XIV has been diagnosed with cancer and will retire.
- Oklahoma's road back after Texas loss starts at Kansas State Updated: Oct-12-15 6:15 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Despite Oklahoma fans' shock and disappointment following last Saturday's 24-17 loss to rival Texas, their Sooners are in virtually the same position they were in before the game.
- College Football Today Updated: Oct-11-15 12:30 am
- Red River wreck: No. 10 Oklahoma upset by Texas 24-17 Updated: Oct-10-15 7:07 pm
DALLAS - Another Oklahoma-Texas game that seemed set up for the Sooners to dominate ended with a Longhorns victory. Another Oklahoma season filled with promise has been redirected in early October when least expected.
- Strong effort: Texas gets some Red River relief vs Oklahoma Updated: Oct-10-15 6:17 pm
DALLAS - Charlie Strong put that gold cowboy hat on his head and flashed a huge smile filled with relief, joy and vindication.
- Texas, Oklahoma governors wager barbecue for homeless Updated: Oct-08-15 6:52 pm
DALLAS - Somebody is going to get some barbecue, but who gets it will be decided by the outcome of Saturday's annual Red River Rivalry game between Texas and Oklahoma in Dallas.
- Bevo to miss Texas-OU with life-threatening illness Updated: Oct-07-15 5:59 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The University of Texas says longhorn steer mascot Bevo XIV has a "life-threatening condition" and won't travel to Dallas for Saturday's rivalry game against No. 10 Oklahoma at the Cotton Bowl.
- Texas coach Charlie Strong making promises, can he deliver? Updated: Oct-07-15 4:59 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Shortly after 11 a.m. on Nov. 17, 2014, Texas coach Charlie Strong made a promise: five-loss seasons would "never happen again" in the Longhorns program.
- At 1-4, Texas players now pointing fingers Updated: Oct-06-15 1:07 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas coach Charlie Strong spent nearly a half-hour Monday insisting his team was unified and would rebound from a 1-4 start.
- Oklahoma State finds ways to pull out late victories Updated: Oct-05-15 6:53 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - It hasn't always been pretty, but after two late comeback victories in a row, No. 21 Oklahoma State remains undefeated.
- Patterson proud of No. 2 TCU's resilience Updated: Oct-05-15 1:42 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gary Patterson called No. 2 TCU's four-game stretch before its bye week the most important one of the season.
- Boykin throws 5 TDs, No. 4 TCU blows out Texas 50-7 Updated: Oct-03-15 3:49 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - Trevone Boykin threw five touchdown passes, including four to freshman KaVontae Turpin, and No. 4 TCU rode a 30-point first quarter to a 50-7 rout of Texas on Saturday.
- No. 20 Oklahoma St not worried about light rushing attack Updated: Oct-01-15 5:37 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - No. 20 Oklahoma State is coming off a game in which its ground attack gained just 2.2 yards per carry and its top running back's status for this weekend is questionable.
- Oklahoma St lawsuit vs Texas assistant set for trial Updated: Sep-29-15 5:44 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Oklahoma State's breach-of-contract lawsuit against former football assistant coach Joe Wickline is headed to trial in 2016.
- At 1-3, Longhorns promise 'our time is coming' Updated: Sep-28-15 6:56 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - With his program off to its worst start in nearly 60 years, Texas coach Charlie Strong has a simple message for Longhorns fans: Stay with us, this will turn around.
- Texas kicked again in 30-27 loss to No. 24 Oklahoma State Updated: Sep-26-15 9:38 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Kicked again.
- Late field goal lifts No. 24 Oklahoma State over Texas 30-27 Updated: Sep-26-15 9:00 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Once again a visiting team was getting ready for overtime, only to have Texas hand them a special teams gift and a victory.
- Texas approves Patterson settlement, no details released Updated: Sep-24-15 3:18 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - University of Texas regents have approved a financial settlement with former athletic director Steve Patterson.
- After years looking, Texas may have found its quarterback Updated: Sep-23-15 2:44 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Jerrod Heard had committed to Texas but wasn't signed yet in late 2013 when Mack Brown was fired as the Longhorns head coach.
- Texas filled with hope and heartburn after 1-2 start Updated: Sep-21-15 6:28 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Freshman quarterback Jerrod Heard has given the Longhorns hope. It's the Texas defense that is serving up a heaping dose of heartburn.
- Longhorns defense struggles again in 45-44 loss Updated: Sep-20-15 1:19 am
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas highlight will be the breakout of quarterback Jerrod Heard. The lowlight will be the missed extra point that would have sent the game into overtime.
- Cal escapes Texas 45-44 when kicker misses PAT Updated: Sep-20-15 12:54 am
AUSTIN, Texas - The California defense was exhausted and bracing for overtime. Quarterback Jared Goff was strapping on his helmet, figuring he'd have about one minute to push for a last chance to win.
- Texas interim AD Perrin's job is to heal fractured fan base Updated: Sep-16-15 4:04 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Mike Perrin was firing up the grill for a Labor Day menu of wild salmon and asparagus when his phone rang.
- Texas says athletic director leaving 'mutual' decision Updated: Sep-15-15 8:11 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The awkward dismissal of Texas football coach Mack Brown came first. That was followed by the firings of school President Bill Powers and basketball coach Rick Barnes.