- England beats Germany 1-0 in extra time to finish 3rd Updated: Jul-04-15 9:32 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - Days after a gut-wrenching loss, England finished its deepest run in the Women's World Cup with an uplifting victory.
- Aussie coach has advice for defending Japan Updated: Jul-04-15 11:05 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - Perhaps, Australia coach Alen Stajcic was on to something when he said, "We're not the Netherlands," in responding to question regarding how his team might defend against Japan in the quarterfinals.
- Some of the saddest own goals in soccer Updated: Jul-02-15 7:17 pm
Laura Bassett bent over, pulled her soccer jersey over her face and sobbed. Her teammates gathered around her, but nothing they said could make it better.
- England wakes to more heartbreak for national soccer team Updated: Jul-02-15 9:59 am
MANCHESTER, England - England's national teams keep finding ways to make agonizing exits from major soccer tournaments.
- Coach: Pressure's off Japan in World Cup final against US Updated: Jul-02-15 2:42 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - The pressure is off now that Japan gets the opportunity to defend its Women's World Cup championship.
- Own goal gives Japan 2-1 win over England in World Cup semi Updated: Jul-01-15 11:54 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - England defender Laura Bassett was inconsolable as she lay face down on the field, sobbing.
- England women receive royal pep talk before World Cup semi Updated: Jul-01-15 5:17 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - The Lionesses have received a royal pep talk from Prince William before England faces defending champion Japan in a World Cup semifinal on Wednesday.
- Collision again raises issue of concussions in World Cup Updated: Jul-01-15 2:41 am
MONTREAL - Germany coach Silvia Neid said forward Alexandra Popp did not have a concussion after banging heads with U.S. midfielder Morgan Brian in the first half of the women's World Cup semifinal.
- Missed penalty kick costs Germany in 2-0 loss to US Updated: Jun-30-15 10:42 pm
MONTREAL - Celia Sasic picked a bad time for Germany's first missed penalty kick in the Women's World Cup.
- Women's soccer fever grips England in historic World Cup run Updated: Jun-30-15 12:48 pm
MANCHESTER, England - The movie "Bend It Like Beckham" first got Kiera Burke interested in soccer. During the 2012 Olympics, she went to Manchester United's Old Trafford stadium to watch the women's teams from United States and Canada play a thrilling semifinal.
- Swelling subsides around England goalie Bardsley's right eye Updated: Jun-28-15 6:46 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - The swelling below English goalkeeper Karen Bardsley's right eye has gone down substantially, leaving coach Mark Sampson confident she will be available to play in the Women's World Cup semifinal against Japan.
- English women hope World Cup semifinal boosts the home game Updated: Jun-28-15 5:05 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Although they're not yet 30 years old, Jodie Taylor and Steph Houghton have already seen a revolution in English women's soccer during their careers.
- England eliminates host Canada in World Cup Q-final, 2-1 Updated: Jun-27-15 11:39 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Lucy Bronze had never played in front of anything she could compare to that flag-waving, drum-banging, deafening Canadian crowd. Jodie Taylor had to laugh as she looked around BC Place to see a few overwhelmed English fans in that rambunctious sea of red.
- English football set for another inquest as under 21s tumble Updated: Jun-25-15 7:41 am
An inquest into England's failure at a major football tournament is as much a tradition of the British sporting summer as strawberries and cream at Wimbledon and sipping champagne at a Lord's cricket test.
- Klinsmann picks 17 of 23 World Cup vets for Gold Cup Updated: Jun-23-15 4:12 pm
CHICAGO - The U.S. roster for next month's CONCACAF Gold Cup will look a lot like the American team at last year's World Cup.
- Belanger's goal in 52nd minute lifts Canada past Swiss 1-0 Updated: Jun-21-15 11:39 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - John Herdman flew to Quebec in November 2012 for a coaching conference and another matter he considered rather pressing: To bring Josee Belanger back to the national team for a World Cup run at home.
- England beats Colombia 2-1 to advance to knockout stage Updated: Jun-18-15 12:20 am
Karen Carney and Fara Williams scored first-half goals, and England beat Colombia 2-1 at Montreal on Wednesday to reach the knockout stage of the Women's World Cup.
- Rooney within 1 goal of record after clinching Slovenia win Updated: Jun-14-15 5:00 pm
Wayne Rooney went within one goal of Bobby Charlton's England scoring record on Sunday by clinching a 3-2 victory over Slovenia in European Championship qualifying.
- England beats Mexico 2-0 at Women's World Cup Updated: Jun-13-15 6:05 pm
Fran Kirby and Karen Carney scored in the second half, and England beat Mexico 2-1 Saturday at the Women's World Cup in Moncton, New Brunswick.
- France beats England 1-0 Updated: Jun-09-15 3:27 pm
Eugenie Le Sommer scored her first Women's World Cup goal and France beat England 1-0 on Tuesday in rainy Moncton, New Brunswick.