- The Latest: Conte says facing Spain 'very stimulating' Updated: Jul-25-15 5:51 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - The latest on Saturday's 2018 World Cup qualifying draw (times are local):
- FIFA, Blatter get back to World Cup business at Putin home Updated: Jul-25-15 5:16 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - FIFA and Sepp Blatter put their corruption crisis aside and got back to World Cup business at the 2018 tournament qualifying draw hosted by Vladimir Putin at a Russian state residence on Saturday.
- US top of FIFA rankings after winning Women's World Cup Updated: Jul-10-15 8:30 am
ZURICH - The United States has returned to the top of the FIFA women's rankings after winning the World Cup.
- Germany to play friendly matches against England, Italy Updated: Jul-10-15 8:08 am
BERLIN - Germany will play friendlies against England and Italy as part of its preparations for the European Championship next year.
- Steven Gerrard eager for sunny new challenges with LA Galaxy Updated: Jul-07-15 7:33 pm
CARSON, California - Steven Gerrard brought a touch of Liverpool weather - cool, overcast and even some drizzle - to his first practice with the LA Galaxy on Tuesday morning.
- England beats Germany 1-0 in extra time to finish 3rd Updated: Jul-04-15 9:32 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - Days after a gut-wrenching loss, England finished its deepest run in the Women's World Cup with an uplifting victory.
- Aussie coach has advice for defending Japan Updated: Jul-04-15 11:05 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - Perhaps, Australia coach Alen Stajcic was on to something when he said, "We're not the Netherlands," in responding to question regarding how his team might defend against Japan in the quarterfinals.
- Some of the saddest own goals in soccer Updated: Jul-02-15 7:17 pm
Laura Bassett bent over, pulled her soccer jersey over her face and sobbed. Her teammates gathered around her, but nothing they said could make it better.
- England wakes to more heartbreak for national soccer team Updated: Jul-02-15 9:59 am
MANCHESTER, England - England's national teams keep finding ways to make agonizing exits from major soccer tournaments.
- Coach: Pressure's off Japan in World Cup final against US Updated: Jul-02-15 2:42 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - The pressure is off now that Japan gets the opportunity to defend its Women's World Cup championship.
- Own goal gives Japan 2-1 win over England in World Cup semi Updated: Jul-01-15 11:54 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - England defender Laura Bassett was inconsolable as she lay face down on the field, sobbing.
- England women receive royal pep talk before World Cup semi Updated: Jul-01-15 5:17 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - The Lionesses have received a royal pep talk from Prince William before England faces defending champion Japan in a World Cup semifinal on Wednesday.
- Collision again raises issue of concussions in World Cup Updated: Jul-01-15 2:41 am
MONTREAL - Germany coach Silvia Neid said forward Alexandra Popp did not have a concussion after banging heads with U.S. midfielder Morgan Brian in the first half of the women's World Cup semifinal.
- Missed penalty kick costs Germany in 2-0 loss to US Updated: Jun-30-15 10:42 pm
MONTREAL - Celia Sasic picked a bad time for Germany's first missed penalty kick in the Women's World Cup.
- Women's soccer fever grips England in historic World Cup run Updated: Jun-30-15 12:48 pm
MANCHESTER, England - The movie "Bend It Like Beckham" first got Kiera Burke interested in soccer. During the 2012 Olympics, she went to Manchester United's Old Trafford stadium to watch the women's teams from United States and Canada play a thrilling semifinal.
- English women hope World Cup semifinal boosts the home game Updated: Jun-28-15 5:05 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Although they're not yet 30 years old, Jodie Taylor and Steph Houghton have already seen a revolution in English women's soccer during their careers.