- FIFA switches late England-Italy WCup kickoff time Updated: Dec-07-13 11:42 pm
- FIFA switches start time for 7 World Cup games Updated: Dec-07-13 10:30 pm
- Dyke's reaction sums up England feelings Updated: Dec-07-13 9:42 am
- US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany at World Cup Updated: Dec-06-13 9:48 pm
- Something for everyone to talk about in WCup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:48 pm
- What they said about the World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:34 pm
- Amazon city is World Cup winner Updated: Dec-06-13 5:24 pm
- World Cup draw: the strong, the weak, the lucky Updated: Dec-06-13 4:53 pm
- Rio Ferdinand to work as TV pundit at World Cup Updated: Dec-06-13 6:14 am
- Manaus mayor: We don't want England here for WCup Updated: Dec-05-13 5:09 pm
- Past champions betting on Brazil to win 2014 WCup Updated: Dec-05-13 1:42 pm
- Column: Hold the hype on the World Cup Updated: Nov-20-13 12:14 pm
- France, Portugal reach World Cup Updated: Nov-20-13 11:37 am
- Brazil tops Chile 2-1 in friendly Updated: Nov-20-13 12:13 am
- Mertesacker heads Germany to 1-0 win over England Updated: Nov-19-13 6:27 pm
- Sanchez gives Chile 2-0 win against England Updated: Nov-15-13 5:57 pm
- FIFA fines Poland, England for World Cup incidents Updated: Nov-13-13 12:27 pm
- Klose to miss friendlies vs. Italy and England Updated: Nov-13-13 7:56 am
- Deschamps fears Ukraine's wingers in WCup playoff Updated: Nov-12-13 8:39 am
- England forced to change training bases Updated: Nov-12-13 5:59 am
- Goalie Weidenfeller gets 1st Germany call-up Updated: Nov-08-13 8:57 am
- Hodgson calls up 3 from high-flying Southampton Updated: Nov-07-13 7:09 pm
- England 'concerned' about pre-WC Brazil unrest Updated: Nov-07-13 7:03 pm
- 5 thoughts from Champions League games Updated: Nov-06-13 6:48 pm
- Columbus Crew hire Gregg Berhalter as coach Updated: Nov-06-13 11:00 am
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - FIFA switched the scheduled kickoff times of seven World Cup matches on Saturday after meeting with broadcasters, having refused earlier requests made by the FIFPro union to protect players' health.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - FIFA has switched the starting times of seven World Cup matches, including the U.S.-Portugal game on June 22 in the Amazonian jungle city of Manaus.
LONDON - By slowly running a finger across his throat in mock fear, the head of English football appeared to sum up his nation's gloomy view of England chances at next year's World Cup in Brazil.
The U.S. drew a daunting task for next year's World Cup: difficult opponents, tropical venues and a wearying 9,000-mile zigzag journey across Brazil.
There are scores to settle, family feuds and no shortage of karmic reckoning. For something so random, Friday's World Cup draw delivered a blockbuster mix of intrigue, entertainment and story lines that will keep folks talking from now until the tournament kicks off June 12.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Coaches and players were quick to react to Friday's World Cup draw. The following is a selection.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The Amazonian jungle city of Manaus was the big winner at the World Cup draw.
Who wound up in difficult groups and who got away easy from Friday's World Cup draw (average world ranking for four teams in parentheses):
LONDON - Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand will assess his former England teammates' performances during the World Cup next year.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Go Home England!
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Past world champions gathering in Brazil for Friday's World Cup draw are betting on the hosts to win next year's tournament on home soil.
PARIS - Even though it comes around comet-like just once every four years, or perhaps precisely because of that, the World Cup's grip on the planet's imagination remains impressive. French fans' delirious chants of "We're going to Brazil!" after their team dug deep to defeat Ukraine in the playoffs and Cristiano Ronaldo's joy at his hat trick that qualified Portugal showed how much this most global of sports tournaments means to nations and people alike.
Cristiano Ronaldo scored a dazzling hat trick to lift Portugal into next year's World Cup at the expense of Zlatan Ibrahimovic's Sweden, and France came back in remarkable fashion to overtake Ukraine for a berth in the 32-nation field for next year's tournament in Brazil.
TORONTO - Hulk and Robinho scored to lift Brazil to a 2-1 victory over Chile in a soccer friendly Tuesday, a game that was both part of World Cup preparations and a spirited match between two South American teams.
LONDON - Per Mertesacker's header gave Germany a 1-0 victory over England on Tuesday, sending its fierce rival to back-to-back home losses for the first time in 36 years.
LONDON - Chile showed its World Cup credentials on Friday as Alexis Sanchez's double ended England's 10-match unbeaten run with a 2-0 victory in a friendly.
ZURICH - FIFA has fined the English and Polish football associations for crowd trouble at their World Cup qualifying match at Wembley Stadium last month.
MUNICH - Lazio striker Miroslav Klose will miss Germany's upcoming friendlies against Italy and England because of a shoulder injury.
PARIS - Ukraine's attacking players are in good form ahead of the first leg of their World Cup qualifying playoff against France on Friday.
BURTON-UPON-TRENT, England - England's preparations for its friendly against Chile on Friday have been disrupted after the squad was forced to switch training bases because of a "suspected stomach virus" at its National Football Centre.
BERLIN - Borussia Dortmund goalkeeper Roman Weidenfeller earned his first Germany call-up at the age of 33 on Friday for friendlies against Italy and England.
LONDON - England coach Roy Hodgson has recognized Southampton's strong start to the season by calling up three players from the south-coast club for friendlies, including two who have never played for their country.
LONDON - England's security team is "very, very concerned" about the unrest in Brazil ahead of the World Cup, coach Roy Hodgson said on Thursday.
In the fourth round of matches in the Champions League group stage, title holder Bayern Munich, Manchester City, Atletico Madrid and Barcelona became the first teams to qualify for the knockout phase. Here are 5 thoughts to chew on from this week's matches: